Premium Member
Round 10 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th November 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Akenari
- @Materiał
- @gdunc
- @Jan Doring
- @leenvollaard
- @YellOwIshStaR

Last edited:

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Unlikely I'll make it to this one either, I actually enjoy France tbh. My fingers are crossed very hard that I'll make it to the race after this.

Zeerovert

Formula 4 1st Driver
That's a shame :confused: How is it going? Is the situation being resolved? Good luck to you, hopefully you get it sorted out soon (y)

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
That's a shame :confused: How is it going? Is the situation being resolved? Good luck to you, hopefully you get it sorted out soon (y)
Things are moving for sure! The floors need to be dried out and everything before a new carpet can be put in, so I doubt that'll happen before Sunday sadly. Luckily it's all paid for by the landlord so we aren't out of pocket at all! I just wanna get back to racing :(

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Things are moving for sure! The floors need to be dried out and everything before a new carpet can be put in, so I doubt that'll happen before Sunday sadly. Luckily it's all paid for by the landlord so we aren't out of pocket at all! I just wanna get back to racing :(
What a pain, at least the costs are covered which must be a relief.

Akenari

Formula Karter
Sry for the late respond but i dont think that i can participate on this Race today. Im feeling really really sick and im not sure if it will be better this evening

YellOwIshStaR

Pro Karter
Hi guys, my internet has been playing up all evening and been unable to keep it on for more than 10 minutes at a time, apologies for the late notice but it meant I was not able to participate this evening in the race!

hope everyone has a good race

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Paul Ricard is a track I really like to drive. So I hoped to score some good points. I qualified P5, so that gave me hope. But I was too nervous and hit the car infront of me. I sadly picked up damage, but it was my own fault.
I pitted after the first lap for the medium, and for some reason I spun at the exit of turn 2 on fresh mediums... That really f*cked **** up. After I found my focus back, I started to do a time trail for 25 laps. Also (only) picked up 6 seconds worth of penalty's, so that is a positive from last week.

But I was suprised no else made a big mistake and everyone stayed very close to eachother so I couldnt catch up to p9.

Congrats to @Dimm7 for winning his home GP!
I will update the standings asap.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Q:9
R:2

That was a fun race. I decided to start on the mediums and do a one stop. My first stint was compromised by @eyjafjallajökull as he did a really good job defending. Once I was in clear air I had good pace. I caught up and passed @MrZOCKson and @AsthenicPine339 in the second stint and got past @y0ennie near the end. I didn't realise I was in contention for the win so in hindsight I'm annoyed to have got that 3 sec penalty and to have had such a slow first stint!

Well done to @Dimm7 on the win.

Zeerovert

Formula 4 1st Driver
Q:2
R:3

Quali was ok. I messed up on my fastest lap in the final corner and spun. The next lap was ok but not as good. I'm not going to complain about getting P2 in the end though!

My race was great fun but quite intense as I was constantly fighting with @david_2505 for almost the entire race. We both had the same 2 stop strategy and I'm sure we lost a lot of time trading places (while making an insane racing highlight reel). I finished in P2 but I lost a place due to penalties. P3 was a decent result for an extremely fun race though (y)

Thanks @david_2505 for the awesome fight! Congrats to @Dimm7 on your first win (y) and @Blue Inquisitor on your 2nd place!

david_2505

Semi-Pro Karter
Q: 1
R: 7

I was really happy with my lap and with my first pole!

In the race I was constantly fighting with @Zeerovert. Unfortunately I was on a 2 stop which was probably the wrong strategy. After the 2nd pit stop @Zeerovert was faster than me and overtook me. After that I spun out and damaged my front wing. I was able to come over the line on P7.

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Hi guys, my internet has been playing up all evening and been unable to keep it on for more than 10 minutes at a time, apologies for the late notice but it meant I was not able to participate this evening in the race!

hope everyone has a good race
Yeah I found it weird that you went offline after I invited you. I hope it is fixed next week.