PC - Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017 8:00 pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 10 - German Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @NickB
- @F.Donoso
- @Deevstappen

Last edited:

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Looking forward to that one although I won't have much time to practice...

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Will T1 be monitored in any way, considering how easy it is to cut + how much you gain from it? I'd assume it's impossible since some people can't record (like myself), but I'm not the one to judge...

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I guess it is what the game allows is allowed - there will be some time penaltys anyway (cut inside or extend limits at the exit). If everyone goes into the race with that mindset there should be no advantage for anyone.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
i reckon if you rape turn 1 and get a 10 second penalty for this track the stewards will be less likely to take the penalty away so i suggest everyone to eather learn where the limit is or keep it within the white lines and dont force anything :)

RBK

Formula Karter
May 16, 2017
T1 is very sensitive in case of cutting or extending track on the out of corner, but if someone gets 1/2 three second penaltys and those seconds would change result, I think stewards should be more mild and remove them. Especially on worn tyres it is even harder to go thru there cleanly without cutting or track extending.

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
It is still your fault if you cut the corner or extend the track at the exit - no matter how worn the tyres are. Extending track limits means you should have slowed down to not do that - so you gained an advantage (even if it is only 0,001 seconds) and you are right to be penalized.

• Agree
Reactions: maxafc46

RBK

Formula Karter
May 16, 2017
OK, I understand, maybe I take it more non-restrictive than you guys (also I have to work on my track extendings, I get way too many penaltys)

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
T1 is very sensitive in case of cutting or extending track on the out of corner, but if someone gets 1/2 three second penaltys and those seconds would change result, I think stewards should be more mild and remove them. Especially on worn tyres it is even harder to go thru there cleanly without cutting or track extending.
Dumbest thing I ever heard. Sry mate. And btw, T1 is ridiculous, cut by a mile is ok, but extend with a millimeter is warning! (which is ok). But as i said in the main thread(?), will be interesting to see S1-times. Atleast in Q.

Anyway, looking forward to this one. Had a sick battle last season with @MassaChaussettes that went on for probably 20+ laps, switching positions all the time, and all clean.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
In the end it's easy: Always stay within the white lines, regardless what the game says! If you do misjudge the corner and cut it/extend it and don't get a warning simply lift of the throttle a little to negotiate your advantage you gained.

RBK

Formula Karter
May 16, 2017
Sometimes it looks like I say something inappropriate, because of using different language. There are some phrases that I can't say/explain in English but in Polish it's possible. As a result I say something and I don't really mean it, sorry.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
I can record it without any issues whatsoever. I've just been too lazy cutting my footage and putting it up on YT this season.
I'll happily share my quali-lap with you all.