XB1 - Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix - [24/06/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix - [24/06/18 8.00pm]

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Yes, likewise, sorry @K04 or GT : Kriss, sorry about turn 2/3, I came off worse and hope I didnt spoil your race, sorry mate

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Massive shout out to @K04 . Amazing, aggressive but fair racing. We touched many many times. Back to our usual ways eh hahah

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Yeehaa grabbed some points finally. Dicey in the wet and binned it a couple times but lucky wing #5 carried me through to the end lol

Not super happy about my own performance (especially lap one where I banged into the back of @Chris Leather by my own doing) but did have a nice couple laps battling back and forth with @Chris Leather as we climbed back up through the field. Feels good to snag at least a couple points though

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Yeehaa grabbed some points finally. Dicey in the wet and binned it a couple times but lucky wing #5 carried me through to the end lol

Not super happy about my own performance (especially lap one where I banged into the back of @Chris Leather by my own doing) but did have a nice couple laps battling back and forth with @Chris Leather as we climbed back up through the field. Feels good to snag at least a couple points though
I feel like a proud Dad

Reactions: Hockeyhead019

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Qualigying - bad lap, everyone struggled that's how I got P5.

Race - Good start, overtook @K04 who the took the position straight back into the first corner. People making mistakes which got me from 4th to 1st. Pitted on lap 4 for inters and later on, me and @K04 collided and he span. He kept close to me and undercut me by a lap onto the SS's and overtook me because my teammate pitted just before me witch meant the pit crew weren't ready. Then we had an amazing and aggressive battle but fair with loads of contact but I came out on top. Huge credit to him amazing racing ability. Later on I came up to lap @Hockeyhead019 , @Chris Leather and managed to help my teammate pass Chris with the confusion on blue flags. Congrats to him on 9th place and his first points. I was in second for a while following @mightydylan3224 , he pit even though he was 10 seconds in front with the same tires that we both put on the same lap. But he managed to re overtake me and beat me by 7 seconds. Fair play to him, incredible pace and usual

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Qualifying

Qualified 6th, had good pace round Singapore, but didn’t practice in the rain, so probably my worse nightmare for a wet quali or race.

Race
Had a decent start in the wet (wet tyres) kept, my position, until turn 10 or 11, @mightydylan3224 and @Cinnamon Rage spun out and left me in 3rd position.
Spun out on lap 4, pitted lap 5, had a good chase to catch @Bayfield22 and @K04, passed @Bayfield22 and collided with @K04 on lap 20, which was totally my fault, as I didn’t leave enough room at turn 2, sorry for that @K04.
Finished 6th, but should’ve been a better race.

Reactions: Germo and K04

Joeske86

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Can you please explain the lobby start for me again? @Chris Leather @Proulx2001.

We started the session at 21.00h and got re-invited about 5 mins in the session without any form of communication. I felt a little sad as it was a dry-dry session to a wet-wet/dry session.

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Can you please explain the lobby start for me again? @Chris Leather @Proulx2001.

We started the session at 21.00h and got re-invited about 5 mins in the session without any form of communication. I felt a little sad as it was a dry-dry session to a wet-wet/dry session.
The lobby was started at 8 without the full grid there and people in wrong cars. You all started it too early. So i had to make another one and get everyone in.

I didnt give the signal for everyone to ready up

If everyone had waited for my signal. It wouldnt have happened

Joeske86

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
@Chris Leather
I just found this:

● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.

Can please all drivers be aware of it as we normally always ''just'' press ready at 21.00(20.00UK time). We should wait for the coordinator to start.

Sorry Chris that I wasn't fully aware of this.

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
@Chris Leather
I just found this:

● Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.

Can please all drivers be aware of it as we normally always ''just'' press ready at 21.00(20.00UK time). We should wait for the coordinator to start.

Sorry Chris that I wasn't fully aware of this.
its okay buddy! :)

Reactions: Cinnamon Rage

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Qualifying
There was two qualifying sessions - as everyone readied up too early (even I didn't remember the rule above - sorry). This took the race from a dry race to a mixed conditions race (full wet at points). Not ideal as had done no wet practice ? I managed to get 2nd though, although @mightydylan3224 was a full 1.5 seconds up on me in 1st place, crikey! Regardless, a 2nd place is my best qualifying position in the league so not unhappy with that. Sadly I forgot to record qualifying! ?

Race
Got a decent start though @xXMARKELiNXx went round the outside into the first chicane so dropped to 3rd. Was going ok until about turn 10 or 11 when I moved out to see my braking line I realised I'd pretty much missed it and locked up and ran down the escape route collecting @mightydylan3224 on route (sorry yet again). Luckily I saw him getting fastest laps shortly after so I know I didn't do wing damage. After a 4/5 point turn I got back into the race an into 2nd last place. My pace around Singapore had been decent so managed to catch up and start overtaking people. The middle bit of the race will be in my video. Anyway, got into 5th place behind @Atul987 who I am guessing had trashed tyres as I caught him rapidly. Engineer told me he had a time penalty (I didn't) and I could see 3rd was nowhere near so didn't push too hard until @EditedFaun3698 caught up because I was being blocked from going faster. I knew he was on a time penalty as well though so figured I just had to keep within 3 seconds of them if they got passed. Turns out it worked and I got 4th. Not too bad a recovery drive.

Highlights video
Will be up later tonight.

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
@EditedFaun3698, No worries man, I didn't get any damage luckily and managed to pass @Bayfield22 again so no drama.

@Joshua Germany yeah i really enjoyed that battle, was firm but fair so have no complaints about that, made the race exciting for me, looking forward to battling again :)

Quali; Wet weather so was just glad to get 2 solid laps, my last lap i did with max fuel and improved massively

Race; Had an awful start, I chose inters as I didn't think the wet tyres would be useful for long, struggled for the first few laps and got red wing damage. luckily due to the people ahead pitting i managed to move up to second then just tried to hold on till the dry weather.

Timed the switch to dry tyres perfectly and just got out ahead of @Joshua Germany and behind @mightydylan3224 had a battle for a few laps but the pace of @Joshua Germany was too good and i fell back as he and @mightydylan3224 walked off into the sunset. Happy to finish 3rd overall for the second week in a row.

As a footnote, personally I think this league is far too unbalanced, but guess not much can be done now.. :p