PC - Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 08:00PM]

Jipper

S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @FraGioco9

- @Thomas Schmidt
- @Rienk
- @Niek van Gelder
- @Klauuiii

Last edited:

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
My favorite track to drive! ?

I know I say this every week, but I'm really hoping for rain. For me, Singapore in heavy rain is the most fun you can have on this game.
I have no idea how this is your favorite track with the controller!

teach me pls

Rienk

AOR iRacing GTE S10 Pro/Am Champion
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Welp... I'm not racing. When I was practicing a few minutes ago, my acceleration would sometimes just drop. Just found out that my brake pedal is doing that thing where it fluctuates between ~0-10%, spiking to ~20% when I hit the throttle. I either need to clean the sensors, or they are about to break. Either way, I'm not getting that done in half an hour.

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
For those who will attempt to race tonight. Just another reminder to please be a little patient in the first group of corners. The track is wide enough, so give each other the space when they're next to you.

I know this is a hard track to do real overtakes. But people will scrape the wall or even crash into it and retire or get a new nose. So in fact you will still be able to overtake. Just be patient...

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
That was a perfect race for me.

Qualified on pole position by setting a lap that was over a second faster than anyone else (I love rain). I dropped to 2nd place at the start but regained the lead on lap 2. After this I kept my car out of the wall to get my third win of the season.

Reactions: Snook and Jipper

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
That surely was my single most awful race I had in the last two seasons of racing around here.

Singapore is a track I am pretty bad at. I struggle for both consistency and pace around here. Qualfying 2nd was all down to rainy conditions, my lap wasn't even too good anyway. It was a miracle for me.

Before the race start, for some reason my brilliant mind thought that putting supersofts on to do a mirror strategy would be good idea, since I did not have any pace to do anything anyway. Big mistake that was, now I realise that it doesn't make sense to do a mirror strategy when you can't overtake.

I grabbed the lead at the start but decided to not battle my team mate @Kreosteijn for position: he was on quicker tyres and he was much faster, he would have beaten me in the long run anyway. So he got past on lap 2 and I stayed P2 for a long time. A few drivers tried to overtake but thanks to the nature of the track, it wasn't really possible.

I pitted on lap 16 and by that time, everybody had undercutted me and I had to make a lot of positions. I was up to 4th and struggling to get past until @Ping2High lagged into me thanks to my internet connection. I spun, lost my front wing and lost about 10+ seconds, limped home and lost few more positions to finish P7.

It's time for me to step up my performance I guess :p

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Qualy was allright for me. Didn’t expect to get to 7th place there as qualy isn’t my strongest point at all.

Race? I was gutted... I really was. I had quite some pace, did loads of practice and knew I could push the whole race with US to SS and not hitting the wall. The start was mediocre. But at turn 4 I somehow locked up and broke a tad late. Ran into @Jipper (sorry if I caused you any trouble for that) in turn 4. After that I got stuck behind one of the reserve drivers which looked to be making a lot of small mistakes, but I could not overtake him somehow. After several laps it occured to me that I had upped my front wing in qualy and forgot to put it back to my default Singapore setup, which was 4-11 wings. Fixed that at the pitstop, which I made earlier than planned as I actually ran into the back of the reserve driver at some point when he overshot a corner and I understeered into him. And as I pitted earlier than planned, I was forced to go to the Softs. Got myself my 2nd penalty of the season, which was disappointing for me as well, as for me this was a hard track to get penalties on.

Jipper

S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy was allright for me. Didn’t expect to get to 7th place there as qualy isn’t my strongest point at all.

Race? I was gutted... I really was. I had quite some pace, did loads of practice and knew I could push the whole race with US to SS and not hitting the wall. The start was mediocre. But at turn 4 I somehow locked up and broke a tad late. Ran into @Jipper (sorry if I caused you any trouble for that) in turn 4. After that I got stuck behind one of the reserve drivers which looked to be making a lot of small mistakes, but I could not overtake him somehow. After several laps it occured to me that I had upped my front wing in qualy and forgot to put it back to my default Singapore setup, which was 4-11 wings. Fixed that at the pitstop, which I made earlier than planned as I actually ran into the back of the reserve driver at some point when he overshot a corner and I understeered into him. And as I pitted earlier than planned, I was forced to go to the Softs. Got myself my 2nd penalty of the season, which was disappointing for me as well, as for me this was a hard track to get penalties on.

Ahh is that what happened, i ended up in the back of the car ahead of me and wasnt sure if he broke to early or i was shunted from behind, it gave me yellow front wing, but meh, dont worry about it. haha

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
My road to learning to drive without racing line continues. This week it went horrible, but I think it is also one of the, if not the hardest track to learn all the breaking points.

Qualy (P11, but demoted to P16)
First stint was ****, it was raining so had to learn the braking points asap, and when I came into the pits I gave a lovetap to Flaf, giving me a 5 place grid penalty.
After switching tyres I had time for one more lap and put it in P11, so I started P16 because of the grid penalty.

Race (P9)
Even though I started on the softs I had a good launch and won 2 positions. Then decided to stick my car between teunvanberkel and kiinako, but I think they both didn't notice it was 3 wide, so I got sandwitched and had to back out. The next corner someone made a mistake and the field got bunched up. I had to lift off, lost one position and got one back. At the end of the straight I took the inside line, on the outside people made some contact and I was up in P11, with my teammate borderline behind me. I decided to let him through, because he was faster in practice and was on the ultrasofts.
The rest of the stint we were stuck behind one of the reserve drivers (forgot his name) and Portex also catched up to the back of me. After an awkward incident we all overtook the reserve driver, Portex overtook us all and I was still in the same position. Borderline had wing damage from this and he let my by in the next corner.
Tried to extend my stint but hit the wall on lap 13 and got wing damage. So I pitted on lap 13 to the Super Softs to take them to the end.
On this stint I overtook some people with damage, and some people who made mistakes. In the end I finished P7 on track but I had 2 time penalties which gave me P9.

Hopefully Austria will suit me better, as I'm really getting better without racing line and this track is a bit easier.