PC - Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 08:00PM]

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @psico
- @Indigo

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Questions:

- With gameplay of F1 2018 getting released, what are your hopes for the online perspective of the game?

- We have all got assigned racing numbers that we could either pick ourselves or get chosen one. What does your exact racing number mean to you, is there a reason to why you have it or is it just random?

- Singapore is obviously one of the harder track on the calendar, especially for overtaking. How important is qualifying here and how do you rate your chances for a good race?

(Answering these questions are of course not obligatory - but it is fun reading everyone's thoughts and ideas.) :)

@Scott_Aitchison @Indigo @Andrei Ivan @schumizeu @Ronnin1978 @csonor @Armadeira @Adam Summerfield @psico @Johan Engberg @Cheekymunkey78 @Nutzernutzt @LolFish42 @SexySpudflaps @Fbyson @Jezza @Synt @Dobby @Sabba7h @Sgarky @Peter05

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
- With gameplay of F1 2018 getting released, what are your hopes for the online perspective of the game?
i hope its good. i hope safety works. and i hope im fast.

- We have all got assigned racing numbers that we could either pick ourselves or get chosen one. What does your exact racing number mean to you, is there a reason to why you have it or is it just random?

This doesn't relate to me i think, im not sure. i like the number 7 anyway cause idk its pretty?

- Singapore is obviously one of the harder track on the calendar, especially for overtaking. How important is qualifying here and how do you rate your chances for a good race?

I'm going to try my best to get into the top 5 in qualifying and then finish on the podium, because I've noticed i keep qualifying mid-field and making a fair amount of positions. example - Spa and Monza.

Nutzernutzt

Formula Karter
Jan 19, 2018
Well I hope that driving online is actually possible without any bugs

It's my birthday

I just hope I won't crash out like last season

Jezza

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Questions:

I really hope for F1 2018 to resolve a lot of the big issues that the F1 codemaster franchise has had with multiplayer. A large thing that definitely needs to be resolved is the safety car in multiplayer. Another wish is that they release a career style multiplayer so that you can do championships with other drivers with part reliability and other aspects of the single player career mode into a multiplayer version.

Mainly chose 10 because I like the number, but I would prefer to choose number 5 as it's the date of my birthday (but Vettel uses it so oh well)

Singapore is probably one of the worst tracks for me so not expecting much. Qualifying is incredibly important so hopefully some of my Monza qualifying pace continues here.

Armadeira

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 5, 2017
I just hope Bugmasters gets the game going until like december ;)

Nothing special. I just like the number.

Quali is very important, so I don't see how this could be a good race for me =(

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Questions:

This on is easy for me - I hope for a safety rating and the ability to use the safety car. (lol - #SafetyFirst ? #SlowAndSteadyWinsTheRace)

This is my year of birth and Superman was also released - I would have chosen 8 because that was my number when I played football but Romain Grosjean has stolen it (does he not know who I am ?)

At my pace and consistency Qualifying is not important at all as I usually end up spinning and ending up somewhere at the back. If I can keep it on track without hitting the wall I am hoping for a top 10 finish and maybe the top 7. (more like P18 if I am lucky because 2 people do not turn up ?)

Reactions: Hooper

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Questions:

• With gameplay of F1 2018 getting released, what are your hopes for the online perspective of the game?
    • Well I'm a beta tester so I have an NDA up my bum at the moment, I'm pretty sure anything I say about my hopes will be revealing so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.
  • We have all got assigned racing numbers that we could either pick ourselves or get chosen one. What does your exact racing number mean to you, is there a reason to why you have it or is it just random?
    • My number is 71. It's quite simple: 7th of January. That is my birthday. Similar reasoning for my username, Sabba7h: I was born on the seventh day of the millennia (I'm a Y2K baby).
  • Singapore is obviously one of the harder track on the calendar, especially for overtaking. How important is qualifying here and how do you rate your chances for a good race?
    • It's important, but it's not Monaco either. There are a few overtaking opportunities on track that I've managed to find already, but qualy is still important. THAT BEING SAID! I realistically rate my chances of having a good race at about a 3/10. If the drivers don't take me out, the slipstream bug, as I've recently found out to unfortunately be very real, screws me over. Either that or I'm just going to be bad at the track. I just want to score more than ten points for once, honestly. I know I'm capable; bad luck just has a way of being excessively flirty with me.

Reactions: Sgarky

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Questions:

Working safety cars, because that could change a whole race in its self. And just for it to be bug free..

98 was the year my favorite grandpa died and he was a big sportsman himself, so thats why I drive with it, out of respect for him haha.. :)

Had a really awesome race last year, so my hopes are high for this one. My 1 lap pace around here is decent around street circuits (qualified 2nd in baku). So I hope for atleast a top 5 spot on the grid.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Comment removed
Let it slide please, already had enough of this topic this week. Everything is being watched on, I’d suggest not insulting your fellow league mates like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: LolFish42

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
With Singapore literally in a couple of day, lets just forget about Monza, we should just be focused on Singapore and having a good clean race there.

If there is incident during the race lets just put the clip into the stewards with evidence, let the members involved have their say then leave it up to the stewards.
Personally i think the way we all reacted to the incidents in Monza was quite poor and overall just not needed and it caused alot of arguing.

-Obviously you don't have to listen to me, at the end of the day i just race with you-

Sgarky

• Agree

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
- Comment Removed
If you have a problem with Sabba7h then fine, but I don’t really think it’s acceptable to bring issues in one’s personal life into it. It’s a shame to see that to be honest. If you’re so sure of yourself as a driver, instead of coming after him on the forums, just leave everything you have to say on the track in Singapore

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@schumizeu - Your post has been edited. Keep insults away from this forum, away from AOR Discord, away from the F6 Discord. It's time to stop.

• Agree

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I realistically rate my chances of having a good race at about a 3/10. If the drivers don't take me out, the slipstream bug, as I've recently found out to unfortunately be very real, screws me over. Either that or I'm just going to be bad at the track. I just want to score more than ten points for once, honestly. I know I'm capable; bad luck just has a way of being excessively flirty with me.
Well I guess the 3/10 chance either worked for me or improved before the race, huh?

Qualy: P1!?
So I went in with the mindset of giving it my all, and just ignoring the pre-race nerves that had been building up from the morning. Went in and set a 39 flat, which wasn't great, then set a 38.6, which could have been faster if I remembered to turn up my fuel mix from standard to qualy going into the lap (turned it up in sector 2 when I was wondering why I was losing so much time). Went P1 briefly, then Csonor went faster. Unfortunately for him, he had a 5 place grid penalty giving me my first AOR pole ever, and I flipped out while the mic was closed.

Race: P1
The race begins, and Scott gets jumped at the start by Nutzernut, who goes to my right. I was able to fend him off, and after that it was just about managing the gap. One really scary moment I had was coming out of the pits, when he was on my gearbox, but I just had to tell myself that I got it and I'll hold him off. The gap grew after I lapped Schumizeu (who weirdly got disqualified in the middle of the second DRS straight, wonder what happened there), and from that point it was just about keeping my nose clean and crossing the line first. Could have been a hat trick, but my fastest laps were two seconds off what it needed to be lol. No worries. Great battle with Scott, hope to have another in Singapore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheekymunkey78