PC - Round 11 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [10/27/2019 - 8:00PM ET] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 11 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [10/27/2019 - 8:00PM ET]

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Round 11 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues - Season 3

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th of October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @IntergalacticGentleman

@Kane Jr @LyneMartel @Fruitsalsa @Cavy @british_bulldog @codeGreene @2Dragons @RhapsoddyX @DiazJc1 @IntergalacticGentleman @yanwillian

Last edited:

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Are we fast forwarding to the final round this weekend? I am so confused.

• Wow
Reactions: LyneMartel

LyneMartel

Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
Apparently that's correct. F1 and F2 are also playing Abu Dhabi next Sunday... I am a little bit surprised. See here for F2 post.

I haven't seen it before, but there is a note on the calendar post that states the below:
**Extra Notice for American League drivers: The final round on 2nd February will clash with the superbowl. This means your Abu Dhabi GP will be on the 27th October break, and your final round will be the Brazilian GP.
I was also confused, but now I believe this clarifies it.

Lyne

RhapsoddyX

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
I noticed that it was going to be Yas Marina this weekend instead of the break or the german GP.

Still nothing from Austria GP official results, almost after 2 GPs. The process is slow but I don't understand what's still needed here. I don't care about championship points, it's about being fair and also thinking in a future promotion to F2.

Back to the post... I will be there.Will receive my new rig and stuff at saturday, so I will have 1 day to test it to the race... I guess it's enough.

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
I noticed that it was going to be Yas Marina this weekend instead of the break or the german GP.

Still nothing from Austria GP official results, almost after 2 GPs. The process is slow but I don't understand what's still needed here. I don't care about championship points, it's about being fair and also thinking in a future promotion to F2.

Back to the post... I will be there.Will receive my new rig and stuff at saturday, so I will have 1 day to test it to the race... I guess it's enough.
The response I got from the other coordinators is that due to the short amount of time that the disconnect happen, nothing would have seriously happened. 2Dragons, Kane and I reviewed Kane’s footage post race and everything seemed alright. All that I could assume is that it may have been a visual glitch for 2Dragons, and then after both Rhapsoddy (you) and come ended up spinning during the race, 2Dragons overtook you guys then. I never received the footage I asked for from other drivers so I had to go off of mainly other coordinators experience. I hope this make this more clear and we can consider this incident closed.

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Just a heads up before the race - the new nvidia update changed all of my monitor and in game settings. If it does the same to you it's best to get your settings sorted out well before the race.

LyneMartel

Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
@Lundqvistbro , have you look to my recording? It says it all. 2Dragons never overtook me, he did 2 stops, I did not crashed, and suddenly appeared in front of me with 40+ sec. in the lead.

I did share the recording and key moments here.

Last edited:

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
@Lundqvistbro , have you look to my recording? It says it all. 2Dragons never overtook me, he did 2 stops, I did not crashed, and suddenly appeared in front of me with 40+ sec. in the lead.

I did share the recording and key moments here.
The issue with your recording is that it does not use full map, thus I was not able to track 2Dragons. Altough the recording does help in regards to the position incident, I personally asked another driver who I saw used full map and that I could actually clearly track as the recording by Kane was shot on an ultra wide monitor which I could not track the map on. Until I personally can track it all mhyself, I can take the word from other coords who did say that such a short disconnect should not cause such an issue. I do understand that a glitch may have occured but until I can track the player in question myself, the result will stay. The sad reality to those who may be frustrated from the result.

RhapsoddyX

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
I did 360 losing 10secs at all (counting with dirty/hot tires), and he was like 40secs glitched ahead much before it happened. He was already in front of me, there was no way to him to overtake me

Lund, it is wrong and fail. I need to say that, it's unfair and everybody else think the same.

I will take it whatever decision you guys take, but keep in mind the mistake and unfairness made here.

Again, sorry for putting it out loud, but it really makes no sense.

2Dragons

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
Just to quickly address the final decision:

To Fellow Drivers: Really sorry about the result; I personally do not believe I won that race, and I would be happy to voluntarily give up my position if that's at all possible. Really not the way I wanted to "win" my first race.

To Lund: I understand the difficulty of the situation and the oddness of the result, thanks for putting in the effort, I know you looked into it thoroughly and its just one of those things where its hard to match up what makes sense with the rules, all while trying to please everyone. Again, thanks for the effort, tough call here.

Sorry again gents, hope we can put it behind us and finish the season cleanly.

See you Sunday in Abu Dhabi.

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Unbeliveable. Sorry, can't say more than this at the moment.
I did 360 losing 10secs at all (counting with dirty/hot tires), and he was like 40secs glitched ahead much before it happened. He was already in front of me, there was no way to him to overtake me

Lund, it is wrong and fail. I need to say that, it's unfair and everybody else think the same.

I will take it whatever decision you guys take, but keep in mind the mistake and unfairness made here.

Again, sorry for putting it out loud, but it really makes no sense.
I am dearly sorry to hear your frustration. Ultimately the league has no control over how the game perofrms, recently opne of our drivers was affected by a game glitch where they were held in the pit lane for an extended period of time for no reason. I recently had my car in the rally league just stop working for no reason on the first stage. Both incidents saw no action as it is understood that issues with the game are out of our control. It would be unfair to penalize someone by disqualifying them only because the game experienced a bug when they attempted to rejoin the race and complete it just like the rest of the drivers in the session. I see it as unfair to blame me for the incident and the effects of it and also assume that the entirety of the tier thinks the same. We as coordinators are human, all of us here participating are human, all the developers of the game are human. Mistakes occur on all of our behalves, but it is wrong to put such an attitudde forward, especially in such a complicated situation. Once again, I understand the frustration to those who were immedietly affected at the time. Ultimately, @2Dragons followed protocol and used his back up invite to rejoin, what happened in regards to the game, as mentioned beforehand, is out of our control. Until I can get footage recorded in game with the full map where I personally can track the drivers in question, or if I get a more in depth and firm response from other coordinators, the result will stay as is for the reasons mentioned in this reply. I do ask to keep a respectful attitude here on the forum and be considerate of all sides and effects of any situation. I trust that there will not be such rash behaviour in the future.

Below is a reminder of Forum Activity rules and the rule in question in regard to the incident in question:
3.5 Forum activity:

● You need to be an active member on the AOR forums while being a driver in our leagues. We aren't forcing you to make several posts every day, but we prefer drivers who are involved with the community. We will occasionally check how long it has been since a driver has been logged into his forum account - if you have been inactive on the forum for a long time, you may be removed from the league.

● You are expected to behave in a respectful manner on the forum, like in the race lobbies. Please avoid name-calling, baiting and other behaviour that is intended to aggravate other members of the community.

4.2 Disconnections & rejoins:

● If a driver loses connection during qualifying or the race, they are allowed to rejoin the lobby through a pre-session backup invite if they have one available, or via a fresh invite from a spectator or other driver in the lobby if you are lucky (however please don't spam drivers or coordinators for new invites while they are racing). If you are dropping from the same lobby multiple times due to connection issues, it is however best to stay disconnected. Please only attempt to re-connect once in order to avoid causing unnecessary stress on the lobby. If it doesn't work on the first try then it's tough luck.

RhapsoddyX

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2019
I will not comply anymore, everything is pretty clear, like minimap, times, positions etc. The decision is yours, but you should listen a little more to the drivers (eh, I guess I've hear it a lot in real life F1).

I don't wanna even be penalized for complaining, but understand that even 2Dragons said he didn't won the race, and other drivers said it's a matter of where he finished, due to the glitch.

It's my appeal, other drivers should be listen (as they already expressed what they think)

Sorry for everything, I promise I will not comment anymore o this.

My apologizes for anything, but I hope you understand how I feel.

Last edited: