Jan 13, 2018
Round 11 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @psico

Last edited:

Fbyson

Formula Karter
Sep 6, 2017
sorry that i didnt tell any1 i wont race in singapore...i simply forgot it :D i will race in austria tho :)

Reactions: Hooper

Sabba7h

GP2 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Looking forward to this race. If I can't pull a back-to-back win, then maybe a back-to-back podium.

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
@schumizeu hey man I'm sorry about what happened when you were trying to lap me, I was trying to see who else might be coming through, and wasn't paying attention and didn't realise you hadn't passed me yet, and just fucked up the corner. Totally understand if you take it to the stewards.

With that being said, you were out of order barging me out of the way into the barriers at turn 9 in the early laps. That's all I'll say on that

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hi guys,
Best race so far for me...i am very happy about my final result, 4th position after a week with no practice, just fishing...LoL...
Great battle with @Sabba7h ...nice race...very good race.
Hope you see that i am a clear racer...i know what i have to do in a race with the others.

• Happy
Reactions: Hooper and Sabba7h

Sabba7h

GP2 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I want to start my post by applauding @Andrei Ivan on the great battle we had for basically the entire race. Not sure if we ever made contact but if we did and it was my fault sorry. You had a clean race today and I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Qualy: P10
So I wasn't able to set a lap that I was comfortable with, as I ran out of time and jumped the curb on my fast lap, and ended up starting P10 without choice of tires. Not the greatest start to the race but this being one of my stronger tracks, I figured I'd swallow it and move on.

Race: P5
The start that I got was decent, but going into turn one it was really crowded and I got shoved around a lot. Turn two was also crowded, and I held it on the inside to avoid getting dive-bombed, and came out P9. Turn three I got a tow on Aschumi and was able to get past him.

After that I picked off positions based on people that spun, or when I got a tow on someone going into turn four. A lot of overtaking opportunities going there, and my defense today was really good as well - a lot better than I ever thought it would be. I had a good battle with @Johan Engberg, and he got past me because I had to defend from Aschumi and @Armadeira, and then we all pitted. Unfortunately for me I got jumped in the pits, so I had to fight my way back up. Then commenced the best battle I've had in AOR ever, and I got an overtake on him that took a lot of fighting to accomplish. He eventually got me back with two laps to go, and I almost had him but I wasn't quick enough. Overall, great race! 10/10 would do again.

Enjoy your break week, guys. Can't wait to race again in Malaysia!

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 3rd
R- 6th

My qualifying lap was really good, was as close to a perfect lap as I felt that I could get. Race start was ok, dropped a few places as normal, lap 2, I was battling with @schumizeu and I got squeezed onto the grass, luckily I didn't lose any positions. I didn't have great race pace and I kept getting warnings at the last corner and turn 1, this cost me 15 seconds worth of penalties and 2 positions at the end. But it was still a fairly clean race and a decent points haul at the end of it. My POV is below:

Reactions: Hooper

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
I want to start my post by applauding @Andrei Ivan on the great battle we had for basically the entire race. Not sure if we ever made contact but if we did and it was my fault sorry. You had a clean race today and I enjoyed it thoroughly!

So I wasn't able to set a lap that I was comfortable with, as I ran out of time and jumped the curb on my fast lap, and ended up starting P10 without choice of tires. Not the greatest start to the race but this being one of my stronger tracks, I figured I'd swallow it and move on.

The start that I got was decent, but going into turn one it was really crowded and I got shoved around a lot. Turn two was also crowded, and I held it on the inside to avoid getting dive-bombed, and came out P9. Turn three I got a tow on Aschumi and was able to get past him.

After that I picked off positions based on people that spun, or when I got a tow on someone going into turn four. A lot of overtaking opportunities going there, and my defense today was really good as well - a lot better than I ever thought it would be. I had a good battle with @Johan Engberg, and he got past me because I had to defend from Aschumi and @Armadeira, and then we all pitted. Unfortunately for me I got jumped in the pits, so I had to fight my way back up. Then commenced the best battle I've had in AOR ever, and I got an overtake on him that took a lot of fighting to accomplish. He eventually got me back with two laps to go, and I almost had him but I wasn't quick enough. Overall, great race! 10/10 would do again.

Did you recorded the race?

• Agree
Reactions: Sabba7h

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Q - P5
Could have done better on my quali lap, I accidentally cut the track on my final run which would have been around P2-3ish.

R - P9
After having a good start and some really good and tense battles with @Synt, @Scott_Aitchison @Indigo and @Sgarky I was in the battle for P1 the whole race pretty much. With around 4-5 laps to go I was feeling the consequences of pitting earlier and trying to undercut since they were starting to go. With 2 laps to go I was involved in an incident for the battle for 3rd position and that was it - game over. 34 laps of battling for nothing. Another disappointing race that was out of my reach in terms of the outcome once again. Fed up with this.

Reactions: Indigo

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
start and 4 laps.
@Scott_Aitchison sorry for the hit from lap 2. Was my fault and I am glad i didnt ruin your race.
@Indigo not a very fair start from you. you gained two positions by hitting me and I hit Scott.

not much to say @SexySpudflaps.. first you blocked my by zigzag. (i have no video proof of this) after this I received a penalty for illegal maneuver.. I let you pass and then in lap 8 I pass you in turn 1 and you hit my rear right tyre and almost made me lost the car entirely. Than in lap 26 I am in 10th place, and I prepare to pass you +1 lap and you strongly hit me in turn 8. Now i see you tried to pit.. but the way you did is scandalous.

laps 7 - 36 -

Dear fellows,

This season I had great battles with some of you, and stupid ones with others. The way I was pushed against the wall for some mistakes I've made and the long messages around here and from steward panel made me decide to move on console for the next seasons. I was checking my reports done by other drivers this season, only 2, but the legend says I have the baddest behaviour on track around here. Why is that I don't know. Maybe from previous seasons. With a not high end PC i cannot compete with you. Low FPS cost me around 0,300 / lap. and when the weather is changing is even worst.

For the next races I will try to do my best and have the cleanest races here in AOR and look after the most pole positions title.
here in Austria i was only +300 from the pole time on super soft tyres,

Sabba7h

GP2 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Did you recorded the race?
Yes, I did. I have it saved.

Dear fellows,

This season I had great battles with some of you, and stupid ones with others. The way I was pushed against the wall for some mistakes I've made and the long messages around here and from steward panel made me decide to move on console for the next seasons. I was checking my reports done by other drivers this season, only 2, but the legend says I have the baddest behaviour on track around here. Why is that I don't know. Maybe from previous seasons. With a not high end PC i cannot compete with you. Low FPS cost me around 0,300 / lap. and when the weather is changing is even worst.

For the next races I will try to do my best and have the cleanest races here in AOR and look after the most pole positions title.
here in Austria i was only +300 from the pole time on super soft tyres,
A lot of fighting and arguing could have been prevented had we known your PC didn't run F1 optimally. I know how difficult it is to run a car on a laggy PC; I lost a podium on my birthday race last season because my PC slashed FPS down from 100 to 10 mid race.

Sorry to hear that. I'd like to assume you would be a much better driver if it wasn't for the lag.

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Yes, I did. I have it saved.

A lot of fighting and arguing could have been prevented had we known your PC didn't run F1 optimally. I know how difficult it is to run a car on a laggy PC; I lost a podium on my birthday race last season because my PC slashed FPS down from 100 to 10 mid race.

Sorry to hear that. I'd like to assume you would be a much better driver if it wasn't for the lag.

please upload here our race