Jan 14, 2014
Round 11 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@nardcox
@S40TYD

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
QUESTIONS

1. Contrary to Singapore, the Red Bull Ring offers the chance of very close racing. However, do you think that will result in an equally high number of DNFs?
2. Sauber has dominated qualifying this season. However, due to how short the gaps may be, do you expect a fresh face at the top spot in qualifying?
3. Only Williams and Mercedes have successfully finished in the top 10 every race this season with at least 1 car. You expect them to keep this record going?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
1. Contrary to Singapore, the Red Bull Ring offers the chance of very close racing. However, do you think that will result in an equally high number of DNFs?

No

2. Sauber has dominated qualifying this season. However, due to how short the gaps may be, do you expect a fresh face at the top spot in qualifying?

Nope. They've been really strong in quali and I don't see anybody toppling them. @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx has the potential to but we all know about his lack of bottle

3. Only Williams and Mercedes have successfully finished in the top 10 every race this season with at least 1 car. You expect them to keep this record going?

Unless something crazy happens, yes.

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Yes, there are plenty of opportunities for mistakes like putting too much power down too quickly especially at turn 2
It is possible seeing as a small mistake could cost a lot but I would still expect a sauber on pole.

With @pepper_F1 missing a couple of races before the end of the season the pressure will be on but I hope to keep this record going!

Reactions: pepper_F1

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Complete. Disaster. It's left me with a lot to consider.

Qualy: 13th

Tincan once again came to my rescue on set-up since I haven't practiced at all for what is supposed to be my fave track. Sharing the opinion of one of the guys on the PSN chat the invalidation is incredibly harsh - one wrong wheel out of line and you're screwed. Happened to three of my laps and the last one I crashed.

Race: Bollocks

This race leaves me pondering to sit out the rest of the season - right now I'm getting the luck of Vatteri Bottas with how these races pan out for me.

Got a cracking start up until turn 2, slowed up like everyone else but got caught in a Gasly/Vandoorne moment with @Sneaky24-7Ninja which buggered us both up and cut us adrift of the leaders but I plugged on. Set the fastest lap on my second lap and felt like the pace was fantastic on the Ultras, but of course I had to **** it up at somepoint. Exiting turn 2 the rear traction gives out suddenly on lap 7, no matter how much I slowed the barrier was claiming my front wing - cue pitstop for front wing and softs. Had a brief fight with @AOR Davidben which ended with me understeering badly into him as I'm making the pass - didn't lock up or anything just lost steering.

And that caused my lack of pace for some reason, all of a sudden I was losing best part of a second even on people who were on the same tyres as me - my frustrations kept building up till I purposely crashed the car and ended my misery - couldn't be arsed continuing.

In the meantime I'll have a think on whether to quit or continue S15

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P3
R: P3

Had the same problem with the game, just like at Hungary. Had no grip at all in quali and race, don't know if it was the setup glitch again, could be.
Same thing in the race, struggled but eventually was 0.4s a lap faster than the entire field. In the last lap @Thomasbrxwn lost the rear and took me out while he tried catching it, so maybe I get P2. It's all good between us and we understand the situation, respecting both of our sides.
Have a nice break weekend everyone!

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Quali and race 1st
Hadnt expected to be so strong in my first leaguerace love this league and looking forward for next race.

I whis you a good break till next time !