Feb 13, 2017
Round 11 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Now if you are wondering why we are doing Austria now (it doesn't usually follow Singapore :p ) the real life Austrian GP is on this weekend as well, so there's more Austria in everyone's life I guess. So don't practice for Malaysia or something :p

Maddog40

Assist 2 Legend
Feb 13, 2017
Right then, after Singapore it's clear changes need to be made. I have seen way, way too much complaining about drivers and driving standards in main threads and race threads and not enough steward inquiries. After the commotion in the last race thread, a normal split would have seen a bucketload of inquiries. This split had none. I've tried explaining this point nicely a few times already. I suppose I'll have to explain it again.

If you are involved in an incident where someone pushes you off track, and don't take it to the stewards, what you are effectively saying is "yes, I am fine with you barging me off the road". So they will do it again, as they don't get repercussions for it.

So, long story short, complaining in these threads because your race was ruined is a waste of everyone's time.
The link to the stewards panel is here - https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-panel.90/
However, there is a quick and easier solution than the stewards panel - just give more space. And if things get out of hand again on the forums, don't think I won't start taking more severe action.

Right, enough of that. Lets just remember why we all signed up - to have a bit of fun on a sunday night racing pretend cars around a track. So go and do that this Sunday and stop giving me headaches on a sunday night :p

@edge @EditedStorm27 @menk @kuecki @SEVEN327 @Entity @Omerb2 @SwaggyEggy @vladimirjeger @Hyphybonbon @horvi181 @Vortex56 @Raguza @TheLamaLama @Corne011 @MartinG1337 @Island @jcp.1g @Schwalbe

Last edited:

Corne011

S16 AOR PC F9 Champion
Mar 20, 2018
Right then, after Singapore it's clear changes need to be made. I have seen way, way too much complaining about drivers and driving standards in main threads and race threads and not enough steward inquiries. After the commotion in the last race thread, a normal split would have seen a bucketload of inquiries. This split had none. I've tried explaining this point nicely a few times already. I suppose I'll have to explain it again.

If you are involved in an incident where someone pushes you off track, and don't take it to the stewards, what you are effectively saying is "yes, I am fine with you barging me off the road". So they will do it again, as they don't get repercussions for it.

So, long story short, complaining in these threads because you're race was ruined is a waste of everyone's time.
The link to the stewards panel is here - https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-panel.90/
However, there is a quick and easier solution than the stewards panel - just give more space. And if things get out of hand again on the forums, don't think I won't start taking more severe action.

Right, enough of that. Lets just remember why we all signed up - to have a bit of fun on a sunday night racing pretend cars around a track. So go and do that this Sunday and stop giving me headaches on a sunday night :p

@edge @EditedStorm27 @menk @kuecki @SEVEN327 @Entity @Omerb2 @SwaggyEggy @vladimirjeger @Hyphybonbon @horvi181 @Vortex56 @Raguza @TheLamaLama @Corne011 @MartinG1337 @Island @jcp.1g @Schwalbe
Yes, good luck everyone. This is a fun track!

SwaggyEggy

S17 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Mar 10, 2018

So, long story short, complaining in these threads because you're race was ruined is a waste of everyone's time.

Although I believe this has been said before, I would like to add something to the post.
Just take some time between retiring from the session in pure rage and posting your race experience on the forums. I take some hours, or sometimes a night, to post to the forums. It makes a big difference. Let the adrenaline flow out of your system, become nice and zen and post a reasonable comment on the forums. (And ofcourse do what @Maddog40 strongly suggested :))

- "Racing Buddist" Stefinator

Schwalbe

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Good luck to everyone :) lets have some fun and be respectful on the track ;)

Reactions: Raguza

Corne011

S16 AOR PC F9 Champion
Mar 20, 2018
Although I believe this has been said before, I would like to add something to the post.
Just take some time between retiring from the session in pure rage and posting your race experience on the forums. I take some hours, or sometimes a night, to post to the forums. It makes a big difference. Let the adrenaline flow out of your system, become nice and zen and post a reasonable comment on the forums. (And ofcourse do what @Maddog40 strongly suggested :))

- "Racing Buddist" Stefinator
I can confirm you need to zen first....

• Agree
Reactions: vladimirjeger

Hyphybonbon

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 24, 2018
having troubles with steam and opening f1, don't think ill be able to make it unfortunately :(

Omerb2

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2018
first of all @Raguza and @Entity please be patient at the start you cant do divebomb like that to anyone. you guys are just going for nothing. I was pissed to both of you but I think adrenaline was too high for you guys so consider this as a friendly advice :)

Raguza

Formula Karter
Apr 16, 2018
Good race for me until I spun behind vladimirjerger because of the dirty air, then bit after that spun again ( @Omerb2 and @Corne011 Well done to avoid me btw!) In the end P14

Raguza

Formula Karter
Apr 16, 2018
first of all @Raguza and @Entity please be patient at the start you cant do divebomb like that to anyone. you guys are just going for nothing. I was pissed to both of you but I think adrenaline was too high for you guys so consider this as a friendly advice :)
Yeah I'm really sorry for that! Completely missed my braking point.

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I am so getting sick of getting spun out or wing chopped off at the start. Please guys control yourselves at the race starts, you cant just divebomb. This is not an open lobby, this is AOR... ?