Premium Member
Round 11 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd November 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited:

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Track limits are real bastard here. I can set about 1 valid lap in every 5 attempts in T.T. mode.

Here is my experience of the track so far:

Last edited:

YellOwIshStaR

Pro Karter
Ahh I really do not know how to solve the disconnecting issue, I dc'd 3 times during quali so did not set a lap - whilst connected - then dc'd 2 laps into the race, practiced a fair bit this week so I am a little annoyed and do not really understand why it is so difficult for me to stay connected to lobbies in f1 2020 as my internet is completely fine! I assume my internet does not agree with the ancient and archaic codemasters online infrastructure of peer to peer connection...

The wet race would have been very fun to be fully apart of! Anyway, hope everyone has a good race and enjoys themselves!!

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
First of all, big congrats to @Blue Inquisitor! Must feel great to get that first win this season!

Q: 6
R: 3

That was a decent one considering I hadn't played the game since the last race I participated in. I could have been quicker in quali, top 4 was on the cards. Don't think it would have made a massive difference though, just didn't have the pace! Was tailing @Blue Inquisitor the whole race but I was never close enough for a move, crossed the line P4 but got P3 because of penalties. A good result nonetheless!

MrZOCKson

Formula Karter
Q: 14
R: 7

So my gas pedal was a bit too much, so my car just went into the tyre barriers.
The start was good and so without any mistakes, I still managed to cruise to P7.
In conclusion: one small mistake can cost your entire weekend.

david_2505

Semi-Pro Karter
Q: 3
R: 2

My lap in qualy was pretty ok. I had quite a good start and after the first 3 corners I was in P1. After that the race was really boring. @AsthenicPine339 was nearly the whole first stint under one second behind me. After the pit stop I had a lead if around 3 seconds. I got two 3 second penaltys so in the last laps I was trying to get a lead of 6 seconds to @Blue Inquisitor. In the end I lost the race because of 2 tenths. Big congratulations to @Blue Inquisitor for the win!

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
I can't believe I keep making such stupid mistakes. Went a bit too close to the inside of a corner and spun (again). I wasn't that quick, but I did lose a top 10 finish.

Congrats to the guys on the podium. Looked like a very clean race, even do it was a very slippery surface.

Results will be updated tonight and see you guys next week.

Watch me spin.

Zeerovert

Formula 4 1st Driver
Q: P9
R: P13

I was confident in getting a strong result in a dry race but the rain did not help me at all. Most of the race I was in P9/10 and based on my pace I figured a point or 2 would be a decent result. On lap 24 my race went south quite fast. I got passed by @Dimm7, had a 2nd cutting penalty and while I was in P11 I lost the rear out of the penultimate corner and the car went straight into the pitlane for a 2nd involuntary pitstop (y):D

Not a good race and I may have some work to do :unsure:

Last season I was in assist league (with medium TC and ABS). Over the last 11 races I gained some pace and consistency but I still lose a lot of time accelerating out of hairpin corners. My performance in this wet race and the car often jumping away during acceleration makes me think I can improve in that area mainly but I'm not sure how :rolleyes:

Congrats to @Blue Inquisitor, @david_2505 and @gdunc (and welcome back!)

MisterJasper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Btw, somehow my speed was meassured in mph. I didnt touch any settings prior to this race. Anyone else also had this?

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Q: 2
R: 1

That was an intense race! I wasn't unhappy when the game loaded and I saw it was wet as I usually have OK pace in wet conditions. I thought I had pole until @AOR_EMS snatched it at the end. I made a bad start by missing the braking point at turn 1 and dropped to 3rd. The race developed into a set pattern with the positions staying the same lap after lap. I couldn't quite catch up to @AsthenicPine339 in 2nd and @gdunc couldn't overtake me because I kept getting a good drive out of corners. The race would have been boring to anyone watching but it was really intense from my point of view.

In the last few laps I knew I had to stay within 6 seconds of @david_2505 to win due to his penalties. His pace was really good and he was slowly pulling away. I was sweating spinal fluid. On the last lap he just reached 6 secs but I had a good last sector so closed the gap enough to win by the skin of my teeth. I'm really happy to have won a race for the first time since season 2.