PC - Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/2017 8:00 pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Andrei Codreanu
- @Chicane (maybe)

Last edited:

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Might be missing this one, due to a short vacation at the beach and I'm not sure if on Sunday I will be back on time, but will keep you updated.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

PAPA SOKRATIS

Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2017
I LOVE THIS GAME.. Not

First great start p7. Then typical f1 lag and in breakingzone 1 my complete frontwing is orange. So i lose allot of time on the mediums. Some great battles exspeciali with @Fehler3 . So at lap 10 i am p 11/12.
Then i go to box and my stupid ai driver parks in front of my wonderful box crew. How change my tyres 2 m infront of my car. But do not change the frontwing. So again new tyres same old orange front wing perfect. And then last lap my front right tyre explodes at 71%.

So perfecrt race for me
Congrats to the race winner

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Possibly the best race I've ever driven, apart from lap 1, when I took myself out for the third time in a row :banghead:

Somehow overcame my inconsistency and made no mistakes the whole race, even when chased by a very fast @Fehler3 on softer tires (then again, he had the slipstream glitch) and having a worn engine.

Congrats to the winner, see y'all in two weeks for the Slipstream GP

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I don't think I was very fast today...
I love the track but somehow I seem not to be strong around here, so I'm happy the race is over and look forward to the Italian Grand Prix.
Highlights will be up tomorrow.

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
What a crazy race. Decided to go for a low downforce setup even though it was raining in qualifying. My last lap was mega which allowed me to start from P2. As expected, I lost all the time in S2 (8 tenths I believe), but I knew that on race-day and with a dry race I would have an advantage with the low wings on the first lap. I got away nicely and stayed close to ram's back end. I had so much more topspeed that I easily made it past him on the Kemmel-straight. From then on I was in the lead until my first pitstop with Str33z catching me towards the end of my stint on the slower tyres.

After my pitstop I got passed Fisi with a risky move, sort of like Massa got past Perez last season. Then Str33z came out just behind me (how he was nearly as quick as me on much older primes is beyond me) and then we had two incidents. First time around our cars sort of got entangled, which cost both of us time. I felt like I had given Str33z enough space. Then, one lap later he got a better exit out of the corner with no name (c) Martin Brundle and had a go down the inside of Pouhon. I left plenty of space, but he still punted me off the track and made me lose two places.

I spent some time behind Max and RBK and quickly realized that RBK was braking quite early in T1, which would give me an opportunity later on. As I went for the dive, I saw him still steering into the corner despite the fact that I was alongside which resulted in a tangle. We both lost time with him losing another place to ram, which was unfortunate. Somehow managed to keep relatively calm after that and finished in 3rd, just behind Max who defended brilliantly those last 5 or so laps. It's not a win, but it's a lot of points and with Ycoms having a nightmare of a race, this brings me back into serious contention for the WDC.

Congratz to whoever is going to be declared the winner and thanks for a great race!

Last edited:

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Well, once again, let down by practice, so spent the first few laps of the race getting to know the track again.

Q: Unexpected result, my first lap of 2min was what I felt a good lap, but then I was getting quicker and quicker, I think overall, with my best sectors a 1m58 flat was doable. But nevertheless, started from the front row.

R: As I said before, spent the first few laps feeling my way around the track, @BergheVonTrips got past me easily, but thats due to slipstream I suppose, maybe I should have started 2nd :p After @Ycoms self destructed on my rear end, I was just cruising around really.

I've no idea how this happened, but after the pitstops I was behind @RBK and @maxafc46 and despite catching them through the lap, I was losing about a second on the kemmel straight, my DRS was broken which didn't help, but I didn't get any form of slipstream whatsoever.. I'd like to report the game!

After I watched @BergheVonTrips punt @RBK off, I stole the position and cruised home.

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
So, im glad the rain came in quali as i tend to be quite useless in wet.

Q: As the field is incredible tight it usually doesnt take much loss in time to get down in order, in this one i just was really slow compared to all you guys. P16.

R: Got off to a decent start and gained one position and later on another two as people ran off track. After that i followed a train with @Deevstappen infront of me. Struggled abit in the early race through Eau rouge, didnt have the confidence really as i was close to crash out at L2 due to dirty air. Had some nice battles with Deev, @NickB @FisiFan91 and @PAPA SOKRATIS on the first stint. (Unfortunately me and Nick made contact at the chicane, but i think i was not at fault, so carried on).

Pitted on lap 11 for Softs which i think was a undercut on Fisi and Fugotaro, so gained abit of time there. I then started to hunt them down, and luckily for me they were battling and Fisi couldnt pass which allowed me to catch them and then made a sweet double overtake on the kemmel straight. Managed to break away out of Drs-range for fugotaro, and since they continued to battle i made a gap of 3s which allowed me to come home in P6. Obviously not the best finishing position, but im really happy to gain from P16 to P6!

See you in 2 weeks at the calendars most boring track!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So first of all, a bit of a delayed start due to @Slickk not being able to connect to the lobby. For the first time all season we had a full grid of 20 drivers (which is awesome btw!), which means I had to kick @Marco FD out to make room for @Slickk, but he still wasn't able to connect despite restarting his PC, which is why I made the decision to restart the lobby (on the basis that there were no objections in Discord) so that he could race, as it would be a shame for him to have done practice etc just to not be able to take part at all. So I hope that was fine - I assume everyone would have appreciated the same thing being done for them :)

And then of course @RyanL83 & @King-kodiak had that same 'unable to connect' issue when trying to rejoin after qualy, which means no stream... :( Must be some kind of game problem when the lobby starts with 22 drivers, so I guess if we have a full grid in the future you'll just have to avoid leaving the session between qualy & race, and just miss the start and retire your cars after the field is out of the first sector (so out of yellow flag range), and then spectate from there.

As for my race, qualifying was looking quite good until the last 2 minutes of the session, where everyone decided to improve their laps and I pummeled down from P5 to P12 on the starting grid. Was just 5 seconds short of getting to start another lap at the end of the session as well which was a bit annoying.

The start went ok, nice and clean around me at the first couple of corners, but then a bit of a scary moment when @Slickk went spinning at Les Combes, which unfortunately gave @NickB some damage (although I wasn't aware of this at the time). Then up to P10 when @Ycoms had his screen freeze :( So for the next few laps I was trying to get past @NickB for 9th, and after a bit of battling I crucially managed to get past, and even more crucially managed to defend from him and @Nukka on the next lap when they both had slipstream & DRS down the Kemmel straight. Then I went after @PAPA SOKRATIS and got past him quickly which was also crucial as I was then able to pull a gap to the cars behind while they were still battling. So yeah... some crucial battles won in the early stages :p

Then until the pit-stops I was slowly closing down the gap to @fugotaro, and after the stops I had him a couple of seconds ahead and @Nukka a couple of seconds behind, with everyone else seemingly in their own battles either way ahead or way behind. So it was a 3-way fight for P7, which later turned into P6 after @F.Donoso had some kind of big crash at the top of Eau Rouge. I was trying to get past @fugotaro quickly once I caught up to him as I wanted to make the move before @Nukka caught us behind, but he defended well, and I didn't have any slipstream anymore, so it was tricky to make the move. So instead, @Nukka got a great run onto the Kemmel straight (maybe still with slipstream intact considering how quick he was?) and got past both of us in one go o_O So it then turned into a battle with @fugotaro for P7 and fiiiiiiiinally - after struggling lap after lap to get a good enough run out of turn 1 - I managed to get alongside into Les Combes and make the move stick after a nice side by side moment! Good battle that was :) I couldn't shake him out of DRS range for the final couple of laps, but kept the gap big enough to be safe, and with some fuel management brought the car home.

Overall, P6 would have been the optimal today, so to get P7 after starting P12 is pretty decent I guess!

Absolutely gutted for @Ycoms though - obviously the driver championship would have been a tough task anyway with him having to miss Suzuka & COTA, but a shame to have it kind of ended in this way :cry:

Congrats to the podium peeps @VBR StreeZ @maxafc46 @BergheVonTrips

Anyway, cheers for the race guys and enjoy the little break next week before the final 4 races come in quick succession!

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
I hate to say it but is racing when you get frequent screen freezes like that safe, you could easily have taken out Ram there and i had to take avaisive action to avoid your spinning car. Do you know what causes it?
[DOUBLEPOST=1499694784][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hate to say it but is racing when you get frequent screen freezes like that safe, you could easily have taken out Ram there and i had to take avaisive action to avoid your spinning car. Do you know what causes it?

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I try to figure it out since the latest patch where it has all started (re-installed the game, verfied it, tried lower graphic settings, checked my task manager and how the GPU is affected (which it can't be since I got 90 FPS constantly)) during the sessions, it's well within normality (it'd surprise me anyway since my PC is definitely pretty good xD). I get 1 or 2 in let's say up to 50% of the sessions, normally they're very very minor and don't affect me and especially others at all. It was only at Monaco and here that they were that excessive.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I sometimes get them, like a small freeze which is 1 second or so.

The only way I get around them is by letting the game run longer, I only get them in practice if at all

Chicane

F1 Test Driver
Feb 2, 2014
I had an occasional 4 seconds stutter nearly every race. For me disabling superfetch in windows fixed that. I doubt it will fix the problem of Ycoms though, it looks different.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Fair enough, good to know you are not getting them that consistently often then :)