Belgian Grand Prix
Spa-Francorchamps
Belgium
Race Length:154.026 km
Circuit Direction:Clockwise
Laps:22
Date:26th January 2014
Time:20:00 GMT

[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&r ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]​
TeamSpeakWe strongly encourage all drivers to install and use TeamSpeak for communication with other drivers and your co-ordinator. Having all drivers logged on to the ARL F1 2012 channel before a race helps the admins to organise the session and means you'll be kept up to date with invites and restarts. You don't have to use or have a microphone.
Address - apexracingleague.dyndns.org:9987 Password - ARL2010
Rules & RegulationsAll races organised by ARL are run under our Rules & Regulations. Please make sure you have read and are familiar with them before racing.

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=100&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I could do with this race starting at 20:30, as I have work. I should be home at 20:00, but just in case..

Any objections?

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Please no later start than usually. gets too late here in finland. its allready 22 here when its 20 in UK. And i have to be work monday always 6am.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Granu;n6315 said:
Please no later start than usually. gets too late here in finland. its allready 22 here when its 20 in UK. And i have to be work monday always 6am.
Ok, can you squeeze 20:15? That's only 15 minutes later! :)

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Oh my god, that was such an amazing ending! SO annoyed I ran out of fuel..... D:

The end:

[video=youtube;Qizc_9m4qkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qizc_9m4qkg[/video]

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
[video=youtube;b7VzihIjaak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7VzihIjaak&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Couldn't get one clean quali lap, made mistakes in S1 and S2 in all three, ended up 7-8 tenths off my PB. Decided to take a cautious approach in the race and it paid off as I capitalized on other people's mistakes. Had an intense battle with Granu and Kifla. Tried to keep it as fair as possible, but the car was sliding around in corners because of rearward brakes, so some bumps may have been unintentional. All in all, can't complain with 4th.

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Hate when its wet. race always goes bad. And did not have single wet practice during the week so had no idea what wings to use. so i choose 4-2 and **** it was too much :D it finally killed any chances to get better result. With Kifla and Raiden some heavy battling few laps. Some minor incidents, but hope its all ok. its slippery when wet ;)

And still have to wonder about Alex and Ownage speed during the wet. incredible lap times. well done.

xOwnage133

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 4 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Granu;n7135 said:
Hate when its wet. race always goes bad. And did not have single wet practice during the week so had no idea what wings to use. so i choose 4-2 and **** it was too much :D it finally killed any chances to get better result. With Kifla and Raiden some heavy battling few laps. Some minor incidents, but hope its all ok. its slippery when wet ;)

And still have to wonder about Alex and Ownage speed during the wet. incredible lap times. well done.
Thanks, pace itself wasn't actually that great. Made the same mistake as you, went for too much wing. I knew it would be bad for qualy but hopefully it would be better in the race which wasn't really the case.

Anyway, had a good battle with Alex during the race and I was very lucky this time. Nice and close finish as well.

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
I'm still mad.

If I didn't already know that it would get voted against I would propose a rule change to 'clear' weather for every race, or at least have admins pick which races will be clear and which will be wet in advanced based on the real-life probability of it raining in said country. As it is now I wasted a good 5-10 hours of my life last week practicing this track only for it to rain which completely destroys any braking points, muscle memories and tyre strategies you plan during the week.

Apologies to Chicane again who, on lap 3, I managed to take out of the race along with myself by panicking and locking-up in to the final corner when he braked earlier than Granu and Raiden had done the 2 laps previous.

Then despite that collision I managed to drive some purple lap times on the 2nd set of wets (laps 8-13) to close the gap to Raiden, Granu and Jack1st who were in net 3rd-5th positions I believe (discounting the Saubers whose strategy had clearly not worked by this point). So yay, I could still get some good points right? Wrong. I pit on lap 13 for more wets because the track was still FKING SHINY and the wets felt great, I came back out on fresh wets and they felt fantastic. Raiden, Granu and Jack1st came out just ahead of me at the end of the next lap with Inters on. At this point I was laughing on the inside because the wets felt fantastic and they'd chosen what was clearly the wrong tyre. So double yay, I could still get some good points right? Wrong. They pulled away from me a second per lap the following 2 laps (15-16) despite my wets still feeling perfect. Well damn, I had to take a 3rd pitstop for Inters which put me back in 9th behind the Saubers who I chased down on their superold tyres but ultimately not enough.

All in all a pretty disastrous race, felt pretty crappy last night because of it too.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Xephyr;n7205 said:
If I didn't already know that it would get voted against I would propose a rule change to 'clear' weather for every race, or at least have admins pick which races will be clear and which will be wet in advanced based on the real-life probability of it raining in said country. As it is now I wasted a good 5-10 hours of my life last week practicing this track only for it to rain which completely destroys any braking points, muscle memories and tyre strategies you plan during the week.
The problem is that you completely take away the changeable conditions when you chose a weather setting..

I think we have had quite a bit of rain, but its all luck, so will likely not continue as is. :)

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
A little late, but for anyone that is interested here is my race highlights video. I had some racing with Granu and Raiden at the start, then Chicane on lap 3 and Smuffler towards the end.

Even if I do say it myself, I'm pretty happy with the commentary for this video. I feel like it's better than previous ones I've done. (Though the input volume was far too loud for the qualifying lap, thankfully I caught it and changed it for the race.)