XB1 - Round 11 - German Grand Prix [06/01/19 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 11 - German Grand Prix [06/01/19 8:00pm UK]

KLID22

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 18, 2017
This is what happened at the hair pin is anyone who didn’t see it wanted to know and if you watch the video it’s not your headphones I had no engine sound the entire race and couldn’t shift properly

ClassicDelta

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Don't worry @GILES95 I've calmed down now it wasn't your fault really that the safety car came out after your crash, just as soon as I did my race went into a meltdown. Dived in for the ultras but whilst I was trying to sort it on the MFD I sped into the pitlane and got a 5 second penalty, somehow ended up on mediums again so may as well have stayed out, then lost the back end coming out the final turn on the restart, tiny touch on the wall ended the whole race. Never mind I suppose. I had a fairly quiet race until then, just a couple seconds behind the leaders but enough ahead of others to be comfortable, so can't comment on the standard of racing but it didn't look good with 9 retirements

Tom123FTW

S16 AOR XB1 Assist League 1 Champion
Jul 13, 2018

This is what peak league racing looks like.

That safety car at the end almost cost me the win there, avoided the carnage and got my first win this season somehow, gg to those that I battled with & great recovery @Ferrari3
Biggest incident we've had all season. So many drivers involved in that one

Tom123FTW

S16 AOR XB1 Assist League 1 Champion
Jul 13, 2018

My race start to finish. From my perspective, it was clear that @Ferrari3 tapped the rear of @miniminiman09 coming out of t1, causing him to lose control and go into the barrier, losing a wheel. In the process, i had nowhere to go but into the toro rosso, which primarily gave me wing damage however I had lost control and was sent into the wall and also out of the race. First DNF of the season lowest finishing position was fifth prior to the race. Gg Sims on the W.

• Surprised
Reactions: Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
I've decided to start uploading my races to YouTube, starting with this one. Click on the timestamps in the video descriptions and comments for the only bits worth watching!

Qualifying
6:50 - onboard during Sims crash
11:05 - medium tyres feeler laps
20:00 - two soft flying laps
24:05 - quali results

Race
3:35 - race start
4:18 - 1st safety car
8:40 - safety car restart
9:15 - nice overtake by Arose Rapid and close battles for the lead laps 8-14
21:10 - major lag
22:00 - overtaking Arose Rapid for the lead
22:50 - pitting for the mediums
24:40 - getting caught out at the hairpin, wing damage, race over
38:40 - not fighting Sims, hoping to stay within drs range - failing
39:30 - safety car number 2 at the worst possible time, in hindsight could have dived into the pits quickly, cars behind pitting for fresh ultras
45:00 - safety car restart, tyres horrible, getting swamped, almost crashing at the hairpin again.
46:15 - nice overtake by Aor Andrew
47:55 - pitting for a new wing and Ultras to blow off some steam
49:30 - a lap at full power - but almost losing it in turn 1
51:15 - results, another race to forget!

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
I made it a few metres further than @Tom123FTW but ultimately my race ended there too. There was nowhere to go and even standing on the brake pedal wasn't enough. I still feel pretty hard done by the slight wall contact being enough to break the suspension.

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018

My race start to finish. From my perspective, it was clear that @Ferrari3 tapped the rear of @miniminiman09 coming out of t1, causing him to lose control and go into the barrier, losing a wheel. In the process, i had nowhere to go but into the toro rosso, which primarily gave me wing damage however I had lost control and was sent into the wall and also out of the race. First DNF of the season lowest finishing position was fifth prior to the race. Gg Sims on the W.
Would have to see @Ferrari3's view ofc but from your POV it looks like he did nothing wrong there, looks like miniman just lost control a little bit before they even touched, you can see the direction of his car before the contact

miniminiman09

S17 AOR XB1 Assist League 1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 16, 2018
Would have to see @Ferrari3's view ofc but from your POV it looks like he did nothing wrong there, looks like miniman just lost control a little bit before they even touched, you can see the direction of his car before the contact
Yeh I had semi lost control but the contact with the Ferrari kinda made me completely lose control and put it into the wall.

AMS Andrew

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2017
I got extremely lucky with that T1 incident I saw it happening very early and slammed on the brakes and weaved my way round it all. Unfortunately I think someone hit my rear and wasn't as lucky as me and retired as a result of it. My POV of it all. Start of race is at 29:25