PC - Round 11 - German Grand Prix [06/01/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 11 - German Grand Prix [06/01/19 8:00pm]

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 9th (M)
Went out at the start of the session and used my only set of soft tyres so when it started to get dry at the end I had to use mediums unfortunately I timed it just wrong had I left the pits 10 seconds earlier I would have been last over the line and probably gone a couple of seconds faster but oh well 9th on mediums wasn't bad.

R: 5th (M-S)
Got dsq from the formation lap for going to slow (what sort of BS is that) along with several others but I was the only one starting on mediums so I knew that with my tyres being stone cold I would get a horrible start and sure enough I did @Cramps drove past me like I was standing still along with several other and @Kane Jr went up my inside in turn 1 which unfortunately spun him and forced me wide so I dropped to 14th and got a 5 second stop go penalty which I though was very unfair.

Made up a few positions over the next few laps until I caught the huge train involving about 6 cars I was sitting at the back just waiting for the crash and sure enough it came at the hairpin on lap 7 I sort of got caught up in the aftermath but managed to avoid getting any damage luckily and found myself up to 6th position.

Made up more places as everyone was pitting and eventually pitted myself from P4 at the end of lap 18.

Had to serve my penalty so I came out in 11th behind @tim_haeusli I was obviously a lot quicker as I had brand new soft tyres on but as I overtook him my DRS stuck open and stayed that way for about 6 laps so I was losing about 1.5- 2 seconds a lap compared to what I was doing on Friday at the same stage of the race and I had @Head Squid all over the back of me despite him being on mediums, sorry if I was holding you up but I was having to be so slow in the corners and then had tremendous straight line speed. I also got my 3 second penalty because of warnings from my rear end sliding because of DRS being broken so that was a kick in the teeth.

DRS finally closed on lap 26 and I was able to get back on with my race quickly passing @Partyfuchs who's tyres were dead and closing on @Footyad24 so I was close enough to get 5th at the finish thanks to his penalties.

Without the DRS getting stuck open I wouldn't of had my 3 seconds and I would have easily been close enough to @Cramps to get P4 thanks to his penalties but that can just be added to the ever growing list of BS that's happened this season.

Congrats @ITMRacing on your first win, we move on to Hungary for my 260th AOR league race I track I really like so the hunt for a podium continues see you all next week.
:)

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
@Kane Jr went up my inside in turn 1 which unfortunately spun him and forced me wide so I dropped to 14th and got a 5 second stop go penalty which I though was very unfair.
Whoaaaa easy there. I never went up your inside. I started on the inside line and held the inside line before the red lights went out and kept my line. From your vantage point you probably couldn't see me which could've happened to any of us. But if you want to talk about very unfair I'd say you got off really lucky even with a time penalty. You got through with no damage at all. Because of our contact I got spun out and lost my wing and had to pit on lap one which was my race over. That is unfair.

Reactions: Partyfuchs

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Whoaaaa easy there. I never went up your inside. I started on the inside line and held the inside line before the red lights went out and kept my line. From your vantage point you probably couldn't see me which could've happened to any of us. But if you want to talk about very unfair I'd say you got off really lucky even with a time penalty. You got through with no damage at all. Because of our contact I got spun out and lost my wing and had to pit on lap one which was my race over. That is unfair.
I probably worded that wrong I meant you were on my inside rather then went up my inside.

That's the problem with typing long race reports at 1am.

Reactions: Kane Jr

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I was joking, I was actually in Germany for the race and got a good picture of menk going into Turn 1

1546885927528.png

ITMRacing

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 22, 2017
Went out at the start of the session and used my only set of soft tyres so when it started to get dry at the end I had to use mediums unfortunately I timed it just wrong had I left the pits 10 seconds earlier I would have been last over the line and probably gone a couple of seconds faster but oh well 9th on mediums wasn't bad.

Got dsq from the formation lap for going to slow (what sort of BS is that) along with several others but I was the only one starting on mediums so I knew that with my tyres being stone cold I would get a horrible start and sure enough I did @Cramps drove past me like I was standing still along with several other and @Kane Jr went up my inside in turn 1 which unfortunately spun him and forced me wide so I dropped to 14th and got a 5 second stop go penalty which I though was very unfair.

Made up a few positions over the next few laps until I caught the huge train involving about 6 cars I was sitting at the back just waiting for the crash and sure enough it came at the hairpin on lap 7 I sort of got caught up in the aftermath but managed to avoid getting any damage luckily and found myself up to 6th position.

Made up more places as everyone was pitting and eventually pitted myself from P4 at the end of lap 18.

Had to serve my penalty so I came out in 11th behind @tim_haeusli I was obviously a lot quicker as I had brand new soft tyres on but as I overtook him my DRS stuck open and stayed that way for about 6 laps so I was losing about 1.5- 2 seconds a lap compared to what I was doing on Friday at the same stage of the race and I had @Head Squid all over the back of me despite him being on mediums, sorry if I was holding you up but I was having to be so slow in the corners and then had tremendous straight line speed. I also got my 3 second penalty because of warnings from my rear end sliding because of DRS being broken so that was a kick in the teeth.

DRS finally closed on lap 26 and I was able to get back on with my race quickly passing @Partyfuchs who's tyres were dead and closing on @Footyad24 so I was close enough to get 5th at the finish thanks to his penalties.

Without the DRS getting stuck open I wouldn't of had my 3 seconds and I would have easily been close enough to @Cramps to get P4 thanks to his penalties but that can just be added to the ever growing list of BS that's happened this season.

Congrats @ITMRacing on your first win, we move on to Hungary for my 260th AOR league race I track I really like so the hunt for a podium continues see you all next week.

thank you man :D

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
@VictorWasa quite funny we didn't see each other and didn't touch on L1 if you compare our views with those from @Hinyaldee .
We both didn't see each other at L1 and on his view we were almost colliding :)

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Very weird indeed. Look at my footage, you started the races from the hairpin on my screen

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015

@Footyad24 I think someone you know found my video lol.
oh god yes there my friends.:ROFLMAO: At least you go some exposure. To be fair on on my uni videos that i submitted for coursework my friends were writing bush did 9/11 so thats pretty tame for them

Reactions: VictorWasa