PS4 - ROUND 11 - German Grand Prix [6/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 11 - German Grand Prix [6/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 11 - German Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
Good afternoon

This weekend I can not run, my G29 is disconnected only many times and the car goes straight and is a danger. I hope to be in the next with a new steering wheel.
Good luck

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
Good afternoon

This weekend I can not run, my G29 is disconnected only many times and the car goes straight and is a danger. I hope to be in the next with a new steering wheel.
Good luck

Hello, I just received my new wheel so if I'm available. Forgive the inconvenience

FTR_Drez

S17 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I will not be able to race this weekend. But next race I will be back at my town and I will be there to race

Good luck!

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Q: P2

Very decent lap, was happy with it considering it's just the one full pressure run you get to make it work on the harder tyres. I went slightly earlier in the session in case I messed up so I could run again, so I probably lost out slightly on track evolution, but that would've been a pretty nice pole lap had it not been for the ultrasoft antics.

R: P5

I had an amazing start to the race. From the very start I was quicker on my softs than @manolomakinas in front on his ultras and was dropping the field behind. Unfortunately I tried to make the move cleanly and got shoved off and wide a few times, which allowed @FTR_SergiMtZ through. When Sergi passed Manolomakinas a lap later I followed through, but then had to deal with him turning into me... all very messy. Was rather annoyed about how all that played out as I could've easily had a handy lead and been in the sunset at this point and yet I was down behind my rival. A lap later it got worse as I was caught out by how much earlier Sergi brakes into the hairpin than myself and I got wing damage. Significant damage. I dropped well down the order but all things considered my pace was remarkable really to get to the end of lap 10 and not lose all contact with the upper positions.

Pitting at the end of lap 10 and repairing my front wing meant I needed a big, big stint to the end of the race to get back in contention. I was 12 seconds behind the leaders and on older tyres. Thanks to a bit of battling and some big and consistent lap times I managed to catch up to the gaggle at the front. I opportunistically snook past @Mikkel Sørensen, and then was once again behind Sergi. I made a great overtake, but then on my screen I was tagged by Sergi and he regained the position as a result. It looks a bit different on the stream so probably another case of desync unfortunately, but from here I was quite annoyed by the amount of contact that kept happening and the lack of room I was given. Whether it was desync or intentional, I wasn't happy. Being shoved off a few times gave me a few warnings as well, so ultimately I lost a podium out of it all.

This was a race I should've won by a fair distance though, so there at least some positives to take and considering it was a bit of a disaster it's not too bad to only lose 2 points. The pace was incredible, hopefully it will be once again next time out at a track I prefer.

APeeeX_EU

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
It was a very fun race with very great battles. Very good racing from pipmatt.

About my race is not much to say... Had very much confidence going into this, I was doing 1:14,5 with the mediums in my trainingsessions in nearly every lap.
But in the race i were half a second if not more Slower. Maybe I made myself to much pressure.
Im defintely not happy with the result and the pace, I have to work on this.
See you next week ✌

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Gonna be honest, I expected nothing from this race since I'm still not back at my apartment yet and had to race on the pad. Turned out to be honestly the most fun I've had all season. I'm glad to see I still have decent pace on the pad, especially with only a couple hours of practice. Could've done without all the time penalties but that would require disintegrating turn one as that corner is literal cancer on the pad.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
I wasn't able to practice much unfortunately for this race, only just putting in my first laps in the early hours of Sunday! So I had no knowledge of pretty much everything that I usually would do, except for one or two things that people told me. So with that being said, you could view how my race went two ways...

Qualifying
Set a slow banker lap on the Ultrasofts to start off with, before doing two runs on the Medium tyre. Went out at the end on a set of Softs to put in a 1:12.367. Putting me in P12.

Race
Got a great start but unfortunately with how T1 is, I couldn't go alongside to make a move. I soon did find myself in P11 and maintaining the pace of those ahead, until I think @VSR_Jake had damage which caused me to lose time behind him, and even end up losing a position to @JammyJames, who I was able to overtake the following lap to put me up into P10. After the incident that I just narrowly avoided between @TheogGR1 and @manolomakinas, I was now up into P8! On Lap 13 I was starting to make mistakes which cost me my position to JammyJames again. Not wanting to lose another position, I decided to pit, however my teammate had pitted just before me...

It wasn't too bad though as he left just as I got there. So I got held up for just about 1-2 seconds. Could have been worse, however it did cost me as even though I came out just ahead of @Nexus1011, he was soon past me. Lap 20 and I was now in this position against @Guiggs, who I overtook down at the hairpin to claim P9. Later losing it again on the next lap haha. Had a great battle though, especially Lap 23 where I went for the move again but he managed to hold onto it by doing the switchback. At the end of the lap I clipped the gravel, which allowed @ELIT3_gam3boy behind through. From here on it was just constant battling for P9 which was costing me time being a part of it, as well as behind watching it, making me question if a two stop would have been better in the end haha. Then finally on Lap 30, I overtake @Guiggs again for P10 to finish and claim the final points position!

Annoyingly I missed out on P9 after @ELIT3_gam3boy received an extra penalty than I did, but I missed out on it by 5 tenths! Also annoyingly, I fixed my warnings that I was getting in the little practice that I was able to do at T11 for running wide, but instead ended up gaining them at T1 haha! Ah well, a really enjoyable race! Definitely went better than I was expecting with the lack of practice! =)

Reactions: Guiggs