PS4 - Round 11 - German Grand Prix - 6th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 11 - German Grand Prix - 6th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hey all. Hope you've had a great Xmas and New year. @Jason007 sorry about this. Internet went off this morning and can't get it back on. Engineers not out until tomorrow so won't be able to race tonight. Sorry @Limaro_83

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
@Jason007 I won't be able to race tonight because I will not be home as a family thing just popped up. I was really looking forward to coming back after the long break too. Good luck to my teamate @ramma and everyone else tonight. I will try and watch some of the stream while I am away. See you all next week.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Small grid tonight fellas! I'm predicting a full wet race today. o_O

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Very frustrating retiring on Lap 1 after taking the lead:cry:. Kept to the right of the track but unfortunately got clipped and the car spun. My footage of crash didn't record either:(.

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P12 R P4

Terrible quali, went out on mediums to have a little practice before I stuck the softs on. By the time I went for my quick lap, rain had appeared out of nowhere and I couldn’t improve on my time

In the race I spoiled a good start by getting a 5 sec stop/go for illegal overtake and then damaging my wing all on the first lap. I tried to stay with the front 2 but was struggling with the damage especially through the stadium section. I pitted lap 11 to get the wing changed and serve the stop/go and came out so far back a podium was impossible. So I spent the next 23 laps driving around on my own in P4.

Congrats to @MJ7 on your first ever win and @Nick-1054 and @louielouie50 rounding out the podium.

Last edited:

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Very frustrating retiring on Lap 1 after taking the lead:cry:. Kept to the right of the track but unfortunately got clipped and the car spun. My footage of crash didn't record either:(.

Yeah tour wrecked car took me off resulting loosing luckly only front wing and 2nd position.

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: P7 - just managed to get a time in on the Softs before the rain caused real problems - nice timely bit of info from Jeff! - Couple of mistakes but 2nd highest of those not on Ultras, so feeling positive.

Race: P3 - my first podium in AOR! Very happy - did my best to tiptoe around some of the messy bits on lap 1, struggled to overtake Limaro in the first stint due to him being better on the brakes into the hairpin probably, but got past him in the pit stops, wasn't able to make ground on Mo and Nick ahead so had a fairly quiet run to the finish afterwards.

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Quali - Last
Race - 5th

Q - My worst quali for sure. Just a combination of not enough practice, seemingly infinite T1 over-extensions, and a bit of bad spacing on track. Weather didn't help either near the end trying to recover by putting on the US's.

R - Goal for the race was just to be extra safe and consistent. Soft to mediums with the small grid could net some points, especially with the number of US starters. The chaos at the start was actually enough though, putting me straight to P10! After that the race was pretty steady going. A few passes and a close battle against KroNoS271 for a few laps. Topped out at P4 before pitting, P7 after, and had a little off just before which got KroNoS271 back on my tail and made for a really close pit exit by him since he went for the overcut. Once pits were done I was just managing the cars vitals and keeping the gap to at least maintain my place in the points which ultimately became a 5th place!

Post race - went to hospital! So, good timing I guess, cause this weekend hasn't been ideal for my family medically. Fingers crossed I'm not also due for surgery, but sadly I may be.
Aaaannyway, here's my short highlights!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@KroNoS271 I think you need to read the rules in AOR. 5m 40 in ramma's vid shows you responsible for knocking me off the track. Rules state you wait for the car if you're to blame. Others would take you to the Stewards for that. Lucky for you I never bother.

beeric__

Pro Karter
Dec 18, 2018
The organizers said there was nothing wrong with it . It is my first race
@KroNoS271 I think you need to read the rules in AOR. 5m 40 in ramma's vid shows you responsible for knocking me off the track. Rules state you wait for the car if you're to blame. Others would take you to the Stewards for that. Lucky for you I never bother.

If can you see that i was braked hard and i was momentum with my car ! I want stop that i wait for you but ramma pushed my car from behind. Sorry it was not intentional !!!!!!!!

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
As an FYI, the rule of "waiting for an affected car to pass" was removed starting this season. Reason being is that cars stopped or slowed on-track waiting can cause serious issues for other drivers.

• Informative
Reactions: Limaro_83

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
The organizers said there was nothing wrong with it . It is my first race

If can you see that i was braked hard and i was momentum with my car ! I want stop that i wait for you but ramma pushed my car from behind. Sorry it was not intentional !!!!!!!!
Certainly wasn't an ideal situation. I wasn't expecting that much of a slow and couldn't really avoid giving you a tap at that point.

That pit exit timing was pretty insane! I thought you had me since I went off a bit entering the pits.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualy - P14
Race - P10

Qualification (0:00) - Qualy went pretty much as expected. Going into qualy I felt confident with keeping the car on track and facing the correct direction, but overall speed wise I would be slow. Lack of practice time certainly wouldn't help. Ended up at the back of the grid. Gave me free tire choice though.

Strategy (1:50) - Forecast shown a dry race from lights to flag, so I went with a default Softs > Mediums. +3 laps of fuel for go-fast mode.

LIGHTS OUT (4:35) - Got some wheelspin off the line and quickly fell to last place. Approaching turn 2 there's a huge incident between @danio @JimiRäikkönen and @Wesley3071! Foam and carbon fiber everywhere! I carefully creep by and up into P12.

Lap 1 (5:55) - Exiting Turn 12 the cars of @chris130256 @ramma @KroNoS271 and @Salvo Failla have a massive fender bender. I move into the grass to avoid the carnage, but get an illegal overtake warning on @Salvo Failla. I slow a bit to let @Salvo Failla by. P11 now.

Lap 3 (7:45) - @Salvo Failla runs wide exiting turn 2 which allows me a quick overtake on the inside.

Lap 4 (9:10) - *Thump* That sounded like a broken wing.

Lap 5 (10:45) - I can see @chris130256 closing in quick on my inside entering the hairpin. I run a bit wide to allow racing room. Unfortunately it doesn't workout for me as @chris130256 goes to the inside to overtake.

Lap 11 (18:30) - Entering turn 2 makes a clean overtake on the inside. Down to P8.

Lap 15 (24:50) - IN IN IN IN IN IN! Fresh mediums and in P9.

Lap 26 (39:05) - Overtaken by @MJ7 in P1. That's when I had the realization that I was so slow I got lapped without ever crashing or spinning. XD

Lap 26 (39:20) - Aaaand @Nick-1054 goes by as well.

Lap 29 (43:30) - @louielouie50 is approaching and I have to let him by soon as I am a backmarker. What sucks is that I see @danio is right behind him. How do I let @louielouie50 by without letting @danio overtake as well? This would not be easy. Heading into turn 1 I stick to the inside as @louielouie50 goes to the outside to overtake. I attempt to shut the door on @danio thru the turn, but run much too wide and @danio takes advantage. Down to P10. My only hope for a P9 would be the penalties.

ACROSS THE LINE (48:55) - P10... ehhhh

Post-Race Interview - Definitely not the most exciting race, but it was enjoyable. Felt more like a relaxed Sunday drive. Managed to scrape away a single point, so there's some good that came out of it all. Looking forward to next week in Hungary! A real good circuit.

Congrats to @MJ7 on your first win!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 and @louielouie50 on rounding out the podium!