Apr 3, 2018
Round 11 - German Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@PedroPMF (Maybe)

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
RACE REPORT:
QUALY: P7 It was "pole" for soft runners so happy with that
RACE: With the best tyre strategy, it was just a case of keeping it clean and being consistent as I knew my pace here was good. On the start I lost and place to Eren, but later on the same lap there was a small incident in front which gained me 2 places. Now, with Ultras runners a few seconds in front, I just had to take it easy and put decent laps. I was stuck behind Eren, but there was not a clear overtaking opportunity, so I took it very cautiously, waiting for the perfect moment. That moment came on lap 10, I was finally able to overtake Eren and now I had a lot of clear air to push and control the race, as it was the net lead of the race (I think, because desynced cars were all over the place). However, in the very next braking point I was hit from behind by Eren, causing me to spin, losing a lot of places and overheating my tyres. The hit is in the video, he is nowhere near me and then I am suddenly out, so I was quite frustated. Shortly after, I lost another place because I had suddenly lost all my pace because of overheated tyres. Honestly, I should have pitted that lap, but stayed out 2 more laps. From then on I had no other option but to comeback from quite far by pushing as much as I could. I did my best, clearing out several drivers before finding myself in P4. I was able to catch P2-P3 in the last 2 laps but couldnt find a way past. I ended up P5 because of penalties

Honestly, I am very frustated with this result. Hadnt I been taken out I feel I could have won the race at least on track. I lost around 7 seconds with the hit, plus 2-3s because of the overheated tyres, plus clearing out traffic and I finished relatively close to the leader on track. I would have simply been able to control the race from the front, avoid some penalties. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, it is what it is, I could not comeback, I lost some places because of penalties, and finished P5, aghhhhhhh. Congrats to @tough_2_handle , winning and not getting penalties is remarkable.

Last edited:

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Qualy: Like most else I'd have preferred to start fairly high on the softs but I simply didn't have the pace to do that around here. I think my soft time would've been good for around 10th behind a couple others starting on those tyres, so I opted to qualify on the ultras in the end to get as much track position as possible from the start, avoid any incidents and just run my own race from there.

Race: Like I said, started on the ultras and knew I could make the 1-stop work even if it was a bit of a stretch since I'd have to extend both stints, but it felt like the best option for me anyways. Slimbo had a bad start so I got past him, but lost a position to Frandy and battled a bit with him and keezer while keeping the rear temperatures down. Eventually the rest of the ultra runners pitted and I knew I'd be pretty vulnerable at that point but managed to pit from the lead on lap 7 and slap on mediums. Lost a position to frandy again as well as keezer and jordy but the first 2 were 2-stopping and Jordy had some TV issue which got me the positions back. Pushed to keep the lead but started running low on fuel and the pace wasn't quite there so didn't have much to fight with once schumacher caught up, Managed to cling onto his DRS & slipstream to hold off undefined for a while, though he definitely had a bit of pace on me at that point and we had a nice little battle for a few laps til he eventually cleared me on lap 33. Pedro caught up as well but didn't get a clear run on me since I got DRS from undefined so held on to P3 on track while getting 2nd after penalties. Congrats to schumi on the win and undefined on 3rd, and a shame on hasnains point-streak ending ;( Anyways, good to be back racing with AOR after the winter-break!

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P8
Was always going to go for softs as I didn't really like the ultras. Messed up the last sector on my best lap but was still happy to be 3rd of the soft runners.

Race - P13
Managed to survive the first couple of sectors, but then Slimbo and Eren caused a huge blockade in the stadium section and I picked the wrong side to go which meant that I started dropping down and by the time I got to the stadium section on the next lap I had lost 7 positions and was down in 15th. Tried to settle into the race after that, didn't really make any moves until Kane made a mistake at T2 and I got him at the hairpin. Pitted on lap 13, and came out just ahead of a group of cars which was good. Eren managed to jump me at the VSC but didn't fight it too hard as he was on softs, then Pedro got past, once again I didn't really fight too hard as I knew he was quicker and I thought I could just tag along to his slipstream. Unfortunately, the guys in front battled too much and we were all just losing a load of time. On lap 20, I was 3 wide with Vik and Senna, I picked the inside, but I ended up running into oo7 (even though I braked earlier than normal) luckily he didn't end up in Narnia. I (deservedly) got damage from that incident, had to pit again and that was my race done.
Managed no penalties but doesn't make a difference if you aren't close enough to any meaningful positions. Hadn't been that annoyed after a race in quite a while, mainly because I was in a good position and pace was decent for once (nice pad) but I guess that was the case for most of the field in this one.
Congrats to @tough_2_handle on his first win of the season, well done to @jomppalainen in P2 and @xUndefinedF1 on his first podium of the season.

Highlights:

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Quali: pretty decent starting from 4th, thought most others would go for US so i did, but in the end it might have helped me by starting further up on having more clean air.
Race: good start getting past @SlimboDude and getting past @jomppalainen at the hairpin and up into p2. Lost a couple of positions before i pitted for softs on lap 6, but in the end it didnt make a huge difference as they had a completely different strategy. Then i had to fight @KazF1 and ibrahim when i came out of the pits and crucially i kept ahead. Then i eventually gained some places here and there because of people pitting and overtaking jomppa and @Schnixel on track. When i then pitted for the 2nd time i came out in 9th and tried to make my way up the field, i got past @xXVik-StarRxX and senna as they crashed and i got one more position because someone pitted so i ended up in 6th, it looked like i was gonna catch @HiippariLate but his pace improved throughout the stint (or i got slower)so i could never get close enough to overtake. Decent result as i’ve had a really bad season so far. Congrats @tough_2_handle on the win

Reactions: KazF1 and Schnixel

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
After the first few laps, I knew i could make some time to the leaders with the soft tires. When i pitted for mediums, everything went good. I was able to catch jomp for what i think was the net lead. We had a good battle but after i made the pass a lap later, exiting the hairpin, my screen completely shuts off for about 10 seconds. Very frustrated because it would have been a great finish. Atleast i got good points but i will be getting a new monitor so that doesnt happen again. Congrats to schumacher on his first win