PC - Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/2018 08:00PM]

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Looking forward to getting back to racing!!

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
I was hoping to get back home in time from the holidays, but evidently I won't make it

• Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Had a good start, moving from 11th to 5th but then encountered some lag and got flung into the barrier by @R.A.J.. Probably my end messing up so don't worry about it :p . Changed front wing and did some consistent lapping but overall it only amounted to 8th place. Not a bad race but hoped for a bit better.

[email protected]

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 19, 2016
I failed so much. Well played for everyone except me. See you next week. I will try to do better. And my time was a joke, 0:16.519 is impossible ^^

Ronnin1978

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2016
my last race with Logitech G27
(one Logitech momo racing force feedback, one G25 and two G27) ...
:cry:
from the next week a new era will begin for me: Fanatec CSL elite + CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit :)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy P2
Race: P1!

Qualifying: Was a bit of a mess for me, @[email protected] blocked me on turn 4 when i was on a hot lap and he was on an outlap but dont sweat it, i managed to put a lap in later, i did mess up Sector 2 and dropped 2 tenths which annoyingly was how much @Flips beat me by!! congrats on taking pole tho!

Race: Race was pretty tough to start with, off the line i managed to beat @Flips and had the inside line into turn 1 so stole the lead, managed to pull away very very slowly during the first stint and built a 2 second gap by the 1st pit phase, i pitted for my only stop on lap 12 for mediums, 1 lap after @Flips and retained the lead by a hair length into turn 1! again started to pull away very very slowly and eventually built a gap of around 6 seconds by the end of the race, its very tough to follow a car here so its difficult to mount an attack!

Congrats to the podiums @Flips and @TwoFiftySix

POV:

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Quali P4, Race P3.

Nothing much to say about this one really. Got most out of my pace in Quali, had a good start and kept P3 till the end. Couldn't really have been more boring ^^. As I didn't practise too much, I was surprised that the SS - S strategy worked. Only had 50% wear at the end on my Softs as well.

Congratz @Jipper and @Flips. Nice to see you on the podium again ^^.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Quali P4, Race P3.

Nothing much to say about this one really. Got most out of my pace in Quali, had a good start and kept P3 till the end. Couldn't really have been more boring ^^. As I didn't practise too much, I was surprised that the SS - S strategy worked. Only had 50% wear at the end on my Softs as well.

Congratz @Jipper and @Flips. Nice to see you on the podium again ^^.
Wow you did a 1 stopper with SS-S!! i thought i was pushing it with SS - M! i ended with 68% mediums, i guess i was harder on my tyres haha.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
1:18.036 - how can that be Pole Position? The Lap after my Provisional Pole Lap I was 0.400 seconds faster than my previous lap, but at the end of Sector 2 a Ferrari driver was stranded in the middle of the track and lost all of it.

Another Pole Position for myself. I have 4x Pole Positions in total which I am grateful for!

Race:
On Lap 1 I had a semi-bad start which meant that @Jipper was right next to me and managed to overtake me at Turn 1.
The next few laps I was right behind @Jipper and tried to force him into a mistake - but was very difficult cause I couldn't focus due to my headache.
This meant that @Jipper was 3-5 seconds ahead of me from Lap 1 to Lap 11.

On Lap 11 I tried to make an undercut by pitting a lap earlier for my first and only pitstop for the Medium Tires. It didn't work.

The rest of the race, I was only focusing on getting to the end. My headache got even worse and the only thing I wanted, was a warm bed and some water.

I managed to stay ahead of my teammate (@TwoFiftySix) and got my 7x Podium this season. I held Dannebrog high on the Podium!

Congratulations to @Jipper for his 2x Win this season. Great drive and incredible pace from him today! Also congratulations to my teammate (@TwoFiftySix) for another Podium!

Congratulations to @Snook for his great debut drive, managed to get P4 in his first ever race in the F6 League!

The Sauber team are extending their lead, by getting 33 points today, while Mercedes and Haas are around 40 points behind!
#SauberToWinTheConstructors

Qualifying:
Pole Position - P1

Race:
Podium - P2

For me, the Hungarian Grand Prix is one of the worst. It's really hard to keep up with the driver ahead, and the circuit has many difficult corners.

It was great racing with you after 2-3 weeks of break! I'll see you all in Belgium.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Apologies for the McLaren's at the first corner, 3 wide on the exit and I just got squeezed between. It hurt all 3 of us at the end unfortunately.

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Today I realised I really aren't comfortable with my new wheel yet :p
Also, for the first time since I stopped recording I've gotten screen freezes again, fun!

Q: 14th
> One of the slowest drivers in this split already
> One of my worst tracks on the calender
> Not much practice with my new wheel yet
No surprise I was almost last, basically 2 seconds off the pace.

R: DNF
Had a bad start and almost lost it off the line (sorry if I scared you @Ronnin1978 ;)).
Was careful on the first lap and managed to avoid all the accidents, which was nice for once.
Started getting screen freezes on L2, I think. This was also when I noticed other people lagging, even some people who I know have a very good and stable connection. Because of the freezes I spun a few times (quite hard to brake or turn in when your screen is frozen, lol). Didn't fight anyone who was trying to pass me, because I was worried I'd lag into them. (So don't worry @[email protected], I know you weren't divebombing me :))

L13 I was gonna come in for my stop, but got another massive freeze on the entry. At this point I was like 30s behind the guy in front, and I saw the leaders coming up behind me on the minimap. So I decided to retire and not be a hazard on track.

Congrats to @Jipper, @Flips & @TwoFiftySix!

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 10th
R- 6th

Qualifying went ok, could have found a few tenths but it probably wouldn't have gained me any positions. Got a good start but braked early into turn 1, at this point I was running 14th. But through keeping clean and out of trouble, by the time I made my first pitstop, I was running 5th. I managed to undercut @R.A.J.. I made a few good overtakes on @Andrei Ivan and @MAGNUSSEN. After my second pitstop, I was 6th and was chasing down @Indigo and @Snook. Unfortunately I ran out of lap and had to settle for 6th, but I was I was only 2 tenths away from 4th and without my penalty, I would have ifinished 4th. OVerall, pretty happywith my race as this is my worst track. My POV is below:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q7
R7

Qualy
Was amazed at being in second after the first set of qualy stints. Felt good going out for second run right until I got the stupid "This and next lap invalidated" bug from halfway though the out lap. New I couldn't get in and out of pits in time and probably the lap still wouldn't have counted so stayed out and did a lap in lean then a hot lap after that.
Was doing okay until I come around the corner at the end of the second sector to see the retired @VARD sitting across the track which buggered that qualy lap.
Please guys try to retire in the pits, you never know what your AI controlled car is going to do and the ramifications it will have.

Race
Started 7th which turned out not to be such a bad thing as I managed to avoid the 3 car incident at turn 1 and was up to 5th by turn 2, up to 4th after @VARD disconnected on lap 2. Was doing okay there, could hold off @ApplePhysics and was stay about 2.5 to 3 seconds behind @TwoFiftySix. Probably stayed out too long on first stint as I got jumped and was back down to 7th after pit stop. Was chasing down @MAGNUSSEN but over cooked it a bit into turn 2 and gave him a little nudge got orange wing on one side and could tell there was a good loss of down force so decided to pit again for new wing, got a stupid speeding in pit lane penalty even though the entry into the pit lane was very slow and sucky. Got the penalty removed so that was okay.
Came out in about 11th and set about trying to make up positions. As some of you may have noticed I was feeling a little racy today had some close battles, tried to do my version of a Riccardo pass into the first corner, took 3 corners to get the move done though. That was with @Andrei Ivan hope all the moves were good and fair, looked fine from my point of view :)

Finished the race in 9th but due to others penalties and getting the pit lane penalty removed ended up in 7th by 0.018 second over @ApplePhysics sorry about that, and the lag thing which I didn't see on my video but since I am Canadian I am required to say sorry anyway.

Race video including qualy, race starts at 13:30 if you don't want to watch qualy.