Dec 9, 2016
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guides

Confirmed no-shows:
- @SooSiaal
- @Thezz
- @Steffe
- @MAZ_GP

Last edited:

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
I want to get fastest lap this time, only thing I haven't got yet :lol:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I want everything ! First pole, first fastest lap, first podium and first win !

Steffe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 29, 2017
making the official announcement i cant race today since i strained my ankle while walking home in icy route :(

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

MAZ_GP

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 2, 2014
still no joy with my wheel guys. I havent tried with it for ages but ill do my best for next week

• Informative

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
Well that was short fun for me.. Dont know if i got hit slightly but ye its ogre now

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Qualy 9th :
I'm **** and I know it...

Race 7th with a shitton of penalties SS/M :
Got a good start, but @Breakdown slowed a little too much going into turn 4, and I wasn't careful enough, so I bumped his gearbox and got slight damage. I dived a little bit too aggressively on @Bobo on lap 2 also, and I'm sorry about that :/ Got a stop & go for avoiding collision at the chicane also...not fair

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
ok im deleting my hard drive that was the laggiest race i ever had 10/10 100 fps to 10 gg no re

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Quali: 14th. Bit of a crap session, no excuses. I was slow.

Race: 5th. Although I was way off the top 4 I was really pleased with my driving. I had a decent start and stayed out of trouble and managed to avoid the incident at the chicane which helped me out. Made a small mistake and then got caught off guard and cost a few places.

I was stuck behind TheIgor and Hinyaldee I think, I felt I had the pace to get past but it's not easy to overtake at Hungary so I was very patient and narrowly avoided the rear end of the guys ahead a few times. Igor made a mistake and ran wide at the end of Sector 2 and I took my chance to dive down the inside, managed to get later on the brakes and take the position.

I was following Hinyaldee for a bit and debating the undercut as I couldn't get past. Fortunately he also made a small mistake and I got past. I started to build a gap as I believe Saketh joined in the fun behind me so I switched to rich in the clean air and started to build a gap from the 3 way battle behind me.

I saw Hinyaldee enter the pits on lap 12 so gunned it for one more lap, I let Dobby past so as he was a lot quicker and I couldn't afford to try to keep him behind me, annoyingly he then slowed down and I had to pull out of an overtake to get into the pits.

Pretty uneventful for the rest of the race. I got lucky as Saketh was catching me very quick and I would have had to defend for 11 laps with Hinyaldee closing in behind. Fortunately for me he got caught in my dirty air and spun out, giving me abouta12 seconds of breathing space behind. Managed the mediums as Hiyaldee closed the gap. I expected he would have at least a 3 second penalty as I'd seen him run wide a couple of times and the game can be quite unforgiving on Hungary.

I ran very deep into the penultimate turn on Lap 34 and Hinyaldee got onto the back of me but he couldn't overtake and sailed home for a nice 5th place, all whilst picking up 0 penalties.

I actually kind of love that track.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
ok im deleting my hard drive that was the laggiest race i ever had 10/10 100 fps to 10 gg no re
No need to delete. FIrst, run a defragmentation pass to clean it up. Then clean up temporary Windows System files with the Windows cleanup tool. Then use ccleaner to clean up other temporary files, fix your register with ccleaner aswell, then reboot. Clean up physically your computer also, if need be :)

Breakdown

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 18, 2017
Qualy 9th :
I'm **** and I know it...

Race 7th with a shitton of penalties SS/M :
Got a good start, but @Breakdown slowed a little too much going into turn 4, and I wasn't careful enough, so I bumped his gearbox and got slight damage. I dived a little bit too aggressively on @Bobo on lap 2 also, and I'm sorry about that :/ Got a stop & go for avoiding collision at the chicane also...not fair
Sorry about turn 4. 2 cars in front of me crashed on the corner and I went into the back of them. I lost my wing there and the race for me was over after that haha.

• Friendly

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Sorry about turn 4. 2 cars in front of me crashed on the corner and I went into the back of them. I lost my wing there and the race for me was over after that haha.
Don't apologize, it was more of a racing incident. I was clear from everything for once, but just got a bit too cocky when following you, especially because it was lap 1 and that's not a track where it's advised to follow someone closing because of its narrowness

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
I'm deleting my life after losing a front row qualy spot then binning my car at the start.

Qualy: I had reasonable pace in qualy getting third, and was set for second on the grid but I got caught up in dirty air behind @Skinner, ran wide turn 9, hitting the astroturf and turning the car about. Nobodies fault, just bad luck.

Race: Wheelspin off the line but nothing terrible, shifted up a gear to cover it which it did, accelerated again, more wheelspin, shift up again, rear come out and pile-drived me straight into the wall. My race lasted ~5 seconds. I bet @Fersiphion was super glad however as his victory was surely mine. Looking forward to Spa; fantastic track and hopefully some redemption.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I'm deleting my life after losing a front row qualy spot then binning my car at the start.

Qualy: I had reasonable pace in qualy getting third, and was set for second on the grid but I got caught up in dirty air behind @Skinner, ran wide turn 9, hitting the astroturf and turning the car about. Nobodies fault, just bad luck.

Race: Wheelspin off the line but nothing terrible, shifted up a gear to cover it which it did, accelerated again, more wheelspin, shift up again, rear come out and pile-drived me straight into the wall. My race lasted ~5 seconds. I bet @Fersiphion was super glad however as his victory was surely mine. Looking forward to Spa; fantastic track and hopefully some redemption.
I hope you last longer with ladies :sneaky: Bad joke aside, sorry about your "race". I saw you going AWOL against the wall at the race start, that seemed aweful

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: yobbo