PS4 - Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix - 7th January | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix - 7th January

iej76

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2015
For me the solution for this problem is just doing laps in time trial and pushing to the max, which of course means lots of accidents. What this means is that by race time I for the most part know every single place where it is easy to go wide or spin so I know better how to go through these places cautiously. Also because I am used to driving right on the limit and often over it it is much easier in the races to push while driving just under it. Like you get a feel for it and you can stay just under the limit.

Seriously I crash in time trial so much that getting a single valid timed lap takes on average 6-14 restarts, yet in 9 races I've had just one instance of crashing on my own and one half-spin.

So yeah, maybe try that.
Good advice mate

boofon

Formula Karter
Nov 27, 2017
As far as I'm aware by the way, there was no incident between @boofon and I on the first lap... we both just made the exact same mistake in the exact same place. Too much throttle on the exit of penultimate corner. lol I definitely didn't feel any contact anyway. (y)
Defo no contact. I literally did the exact same movement as you

boofon

Formula Karter
Nov 27, 2017
Qualified: 2nd
Race: DNF

After being demoted to F8 from F7 (I'm new to this and this was only my 4th race) I had been practising race distances which was where my problems had been in F7.

Plenty of practice at this track in the week leading up to race and pleased with 2nd on grid alongside @Mcquiz95.

Poor start off the line and @ZeQ420 pulled a great move on the tight inside. Came out of turn 2 in 5th, but was fairly confident my pace would see me finish on the podium. I had practised a one stop of supers/softs as the mediums just were not working in practice with my setup.

Penultimate corner on first lap...disaster. Lost the back end on exit, identical to @ZeQ420 and damaged front wing. Can't remember doing this once in practice so pretty gutted.

Continued for a couple of laps before reluctantly pitting for new nose and mediums. Can't remember what position I was sitting when I lost it in to the wall and retired.

Come on Spa!

ZeQ420

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Qualified: 2nd
Race: DNF

After being demoted to F8 from F7 (I'm new to this and this was only my 4th race) I had been practising race distances which was where my problems had been in F7.

Plenty of practice at this track in the week leading up to race and pleased with 2nd on grid alongside @Mcquiz95.

Poor start off the line and @ZeQ420 pulled a great move on the tight inside. Came out of turn 2 in 5th, but was fairly confident my pace would see me finish on the podium. I had practised a one stop of supers/softs as the mediums just were not working in practice with my setup.

Penultimate corner on first lap...disaster. Lost the back end on exit, identical to @ZeQ420 and damaged front wing. Can't remember doing this once in practice so pretty gutted.

Continued for a couple of laps before reluctantly pitting for new nose and mediums. Can't remember what position I was sitting when I lost it in to the wall and retired.

Come on Spa!
I didn't think you were going to leave me enough room and was about to tuck in behind, but then you shuffled over enough about 250 metres out so that I had a car's width of space and thought I'd give it a go. :)

Probably the best overtake I've done this season (y)

Seca

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Q - 13
R - 10

Just a horrible race for me. I couldnt find my practice pace on either run in Q. The race went the same way. Just couldn't seam to get it together. I am happy i was able to finish with out parking it in the wall.

Clip including the first lap and some mixed action.

Sep 18, 2017
I was going to make my first pit stop I completely miss judged the breaking zone at the pit entrance and had to avoid going headfirst into the barrier by turning left and then doing an extra lap, I reckon @James Boniface wondered what I was doing because I ended up right beside him going round that right hander on the pit straight, sorry if I gave you a scare :D
Lol I wondered what that was I was thinking about following you in for a stop thought you'd changed your mind and decided to stay out so I copied and done the same. In the end worked out good for me those extra few laps meant I could do a 1 stop race

danio

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q - 13
R - 10

Just a horrible race for me. I couldnt find my practice pace on either run in Q. The race went the same way. Just couldn't seam to get it together. I am happy i was able to finish with out parking it in the wall.

Clip including the first lap and some mixed action.

Just noticed on your video @Seca that I clipped you on last corner on lap 5, caused you to damaged your wing. Tbh on my pov I wasn’t even close to you on that time. But I appologise for that.