XB1 - Round 11 - Singapore Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 11 - Singapore Grand Prix

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Fantastic race, cba anymore. On holiday for the next two weeks anyway so see you in Brazil. I still can't believe that. I'm an idiot :/
Thanks for staying in and not leaving as when people left there was huge lag spikes for me not sure about anyone else

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Same again. Either crashed into or lagged into on L1 after a stunning first few corners, managed to get from 13th to 7th before being hit.

Was 45 seconds behind Troy and 50 seconds behind the main pack after 2 laps.

My pace was really good, hardly made any mistakes other than my one and only cut penalty for the final corner and a small moment when I had to reverse.

Going into the final few laps behind Midget just saving tyres and fuel waiting to make my move. Went for it at end of DRS straight and it was either poor driving or lag. We both lost front wings and raced back to pits, got lapped in the pits meaning I just had to drive round as normal for one lap and did and came home in 6th.

Kinda pleased as it was a good comeback but felt I had podium challenging pace and a good strategy.

I know I'm not anybodies favorite person in this league but at least think I done well enough to be considered for driver of the day. I was 50 seconds behind 3rd last after 2 laps and finished 6th. Didn't leave just kept going.

Anyway, we go again next week.

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
@II OASIS I sorry if I lagged you out on lap 1, your car just spun whilst inside mine. And @Finch no problem I enjoyed the race :p

But as mentioned I'm on holiday for the next two weeks so see you in Brazil :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1468787980][/DOUBLEPOST]Also whoever went fully Danii Kvyat into turn 1 please own up :p

Last edited:

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@II OASIS I sorry if I lagged you out on lap 1, your car just spun whilst inside mine. And @Finch no problem I enjoyed the race :p

But as mentioned in on holiday for the next two weeks so see you in Brazil :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1468787980][/DOUBLEPOST]Also whoever went fully Danii Kvyat into turn 1 please own up :p
No worries mate. There was some small lag going down the straight so knew it was more likely lag than somebodies fault. It did ruin my race but that's just how things go, just glad it didn't destroy my car and I had a chance to fight back.

Reactions: F1Maestro26

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
Came p3 today! Really happy with that! Thanks to @BurnoutF1 for a really good battle at the end of the race! Just beat me on penalties! Good race everyone and thanks for letting me in to race for the rest of the season!

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
That also means you're out of future F1 leagues here on AOR.
Whys that? Because I've literally overtaken 3 people all season. I shouldn't be in this league as I'm not top tier pace, I've been on here since 2010 so I dunno why I'd not be allowed to compete on any future F1 games...

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Whys that? Because I've literally overtaken 3 people all season. I shouldn't be in this league as I'm not top tier pace, I've been on here since 2010 so I dunno why I'd not be allowed to compete on any future F1 games...
Why? Because it's in the rules. Why is it in the rules? Because if people are going to give up due to adversity the leagues will not work.

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Why? Because it's in the rules. Why is it in the rules? Because if people are going to give up due to adversity the leagues will not work.
I know the rules... if you are gonna be like that about it then I'll stay in and just retire then.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Came p3 today! Really happy with that! Thanks to @BurnoutF1 for a really good battle at the end of the race! Just beat me on penalties! Good race everyone and thanks for letting me in to race for the rest of the season!
Well done mate great debut race I hope you continue your form :)

Reactions: Rapidz F1

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I know the rules... if you are gonna be like that about it then I'll stay in and just retire then.
I am like what? :) You say you know the rules, but immediately after say that you were going to do something that is against the rules...

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I am like what? :) You say you know the rules, but immediately after say that you were going to do something that is against the rules...
Last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to step down because I am not having any enjoyment. It was however against the rules to leave the league without notice.

• Agree
Reactions: CallumBCFC19

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to step down because I am not having any enjoyment. It was however against the rules to leave the league without notice.
● It's impossible for us to stop you from leaving if you've made your mind up, but keep in mind when signing up that pulling out of the league without a proper reason while the season is ongoing will see you placed on the blacklist. A proper reason would be something happening in your life that forces you to quit - something that you didn't expect when signing up - or that your equipment (hardware or lag issues) render you unable to carry on. However, choosing to quit due to getting bored of the game, having a bad season or because something goes against you, is not a good reason. Remember, when signing up you commit yourself to racing for a full season, not only for a few races.
I hope the last time you checked was when you signed up for the league in the first place.

Reactions: Rapidz F1 and Finch

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
We did ask you if you wanted to move down.

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I hope the last time you checked was when you signed up for the league in the first place.
I read the rules every time I sign up. How about this then, I'll just do the rest of the races. Keeps you guys happy even if I am wasting an hour or two every sunday doing something I don't really want to do.

• Agree
Reactions: CallumBCFC19

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I read the rules every time I sign up. How about this then, I'll just do the rest of the races. Keeps you guys happy even if I am wasting an hour or two every sunday doing something I don't really want to do.
Well that's a way to see it.

Or you can see it like this:

We let you leave the league because you're not enjoying the game. That will also set a standard for the future that "it's okay to leave if you're not enjoying the game". If anything it will only encourage people to sign up for the leagues even though they're not sure they'll stay and enjoy it.

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well that's a way to see it.

Or you can see it like this:

We let you leave the league because you're not enjoying the game. That will also set a standard for the future that "it's okay to leave if you're not enjoying the game". If anything it will only encourage people to sign up for the leagues even though they're not sure they'll stay and enjoy it.
You do realise that in my whole time in the ARL/AOR F1 leagues lots of people have left because of a lack of enjoyment. That doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the next F1 game because there will probably be a lot more leagues if codies actually sort their **** out. That will in turn put me in a tier where the people around me are the same pace.

As I said, I'll do the remainder of the races even though I'll probably be driving around myself for a mass of 8/9 hours playing time.