Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Last edited:

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
At the minute it looks like I'm out of this which is gutting because I love the challenge. The fan on my power supply has decided to not start up when I'm powering it on so I'm not risking it at all.

Edit - Never mind, crisis averted! apparently a rubber holder for the fan came off while I was cleaning it and had got stuck against the fan, stopping it from spinning.

Last edited:

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
At the minute it looks like I'm out of this which is gutting because I love the challenge. The fan on my power supply has decided to not start up when I'm powering it on so I'm not risking it at all.

Edit - Never mind, crisis averted! apparently a rubber holder for the fan came off while I was cleaning it and had got stuck against the fan, stopping it from spinning.
Phew crisis over there then dude, it reminds me I should clean the PC out as well but, on second thoughts I can't be arsed.

Reactions: PaulB1991

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Phew crisis over there then dude, it reminds me I should clean the PC out as well but, on second thoughts I can't be arsed.
Oh definitely, the guy from Antec wanted me to RMA it and it took me half an hour to get every cable out until I realised I had cable tied the Molex cables to the case (I have a non-modular PSU) so had another look and found the rubber mounting wedged against the fan, just my luck haha! Just buy a can of compressed air, you'll be done in 2 seconds :p

• Friendly
Reactions: Former user1

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Oh definitely, the guy from Antec wanted me to RMA it and it took me half an hour to get every cable out until I realised I had cable tied the Molex cables to the case (I have a non-modular PSU) so had another look and found the rubber mounting wedged against the fan, just my luck haha! Just buy a can of compressed air, you'll be done in 2 seconds :p
Hmm good shout there Paul I must say, well if you ever needed a PSU I have a spare sitting with me that you could've had.

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Hmm good shout there Paul I must say, well if you ever needed a PSU I have a spare sitting with me that you could've had.
Well I'll have a listen out for it and if there's any more problems I'll let you know, only need it till September anyways. What make and model is it?

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well I'll have a listen out for it and if there's any more problems I'll let you know, only need it till September anyways. What make and model is it?
I will have to look around and get back to you pretty sure its a Corsair of the top of my head but will have to find it and let you know.

• Friendly
Reactions: PaulB1991

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Cheers Beyond that's really good of you, just send me a message on Steam when you've found it.. no rush :)

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
i cleaned mine out a few weeks ago, and phew was it time for a good dusting, righ now the air coming out the back is cold again where it was semi lukewarm beforehand, aslo the fans are way less noisy which imo is better for their motors and they have a lifespam due to moving parts so i could advice to do it

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
i cleaned mine out a few weeks ago, and phew was it time for a good dusting, righ now the air coming out the back is cold again where it was semi lukewarm beforehand, aslo the fans are way less noisy which imo is better for their motors and they have a lifespam due to moving parts so i could advice to do it
Yes less noise is good my system runs as quiet as a ps4. But i also clean it every month :)

Reactions: Former user1