Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

Round 12 - Singapore Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 3rd August 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dEhpY1dJU29EMlU3cU4tVERobjNzYnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=100&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
ah I hate singapore. but i will drive it through anyway. hope at least first clean race of the season..hahah

F1DanielJ

Rookie
Apr 16, 2014
Really hate that tunnel-sound that follows you for over half a lap. Rain is almost undriveable on this track. Watch out for terminal damage(or minimum puncture and front wing gone) on one specific corner were the concrete sticks out a bit. Yeah, should be fun.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Haha, yea. it's a pretty frustrating track. Going to be SO hot and sweaty too... D: D:

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Miniblack;n61513 said:
Moving to the North Pole for this race, i need the cooling!

It's actually slightly cooler in the UK now, will be about 19 centigrade when we race. Not too bad. :)

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
In our qualyfying more than half of the people got autoretired in the first 5 minutes. I would count that as a very early mass disconnection. The rules say that if theres a massdisconnection in the first half of the race, the game has to be restarted. If it counts for the first half of the race, it should more than ever count for the qualy imo. So imo the right choice would ve been to restart the session what we didnt. Yes the bug could ve appeared in the restarted session again, but we would ve been aware of the bug then.

So could any steward tell us here what to do if something like that happens in future races again? Thx.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3696/2txoolwh_jpg.htm

klawutzke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 18, 2014
Well.. it's a real shame, that I got 2nd in Quali with that **** time.. all because of the auto-retirement.
At the end of Quali i wrote with Fat1st, if he has the same opinion as me to restart the weekend and he was.. we should've communicated better with each other, because this can't be the goal of PC-Split 1!
It is how it is and we can't change anything now, but if this happens again, we should talk about a restart.
Aswell I hope that you, Alex can understand us, because in the end it's all about fun and it's not fun, when more than a half of the grid can't set a time, because they didn't know about the bug.
Hopefully Korea 'll be better!

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
After that auto retirement bs in Q, i tryed to go with 2 stops prime prime options, but think it was too slow choice. first stint couldnt overtake anyone so i just tryed to keep car on the track and wait for others to pit. then tryed to push but.. incident with Cem, my fault and im sorry about it. I was on mood that wont let anyone easy through today but it kinda backfired to me. aftert that i lost concentration and wings start to fly away. so back to this seasons main goal for me, fastest lap :D

But again sorry to Cem to destroy his race.

izamusing

AOR PC RallyCross S3 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Well, what a race! I really wanted that 2nd place as it was clear 1st was out of reach as Umur and I got stuck in the messy midfield. Cem unluckily lost control of his vehicule after his front wing went and narrowly missed me. After that I had guests come into the room to ask questions and they distracted me, at the same time Granu was still distracted by the incident with Cem and we collided, maybe lag, maybe just too aggressive I don't know. I caught and passed Umur who was on the same strategy however after the last pitstop I got stuck on the outside of Fat1st and Umur went up the inside in a double overtake, I couldn't pass Fat1st until a lap later and by that time Umur was 3 seconds up the road. I pushed so hard to catch him but the gap was too much with only 2 laps to go.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well where were all you moaners during qualy then!?

Someone (I think Granu) did mention about restarting, and I said that if everyone agrees then we can restart, but 3 separate people said to not restart. If you want to communicate during the race then I suggest you get a mic. I know Jack1st messaged me, but I obviously won't be checking my Steam messages during qualifying.

As for the auto-retiring itself, it did happen in every social race on Thursday, so for those that attended knew it could be an issue. I personally completely forgot about it until somebody mentioned it on Teamspeak. I thought it would just be a one-off, as we didn't get it last season. No idea why we did this season.

Granted we could have restarted so that everyone knew about it, but since there is no precedent for this in the rules, all I could do is ask people what they wanted to do and you can see the result of this above. I also knew it would happen again in an y restarted session anyway.

In the future, if anyone experiences any auto-retirements during practice for a track, please post it here before the race so that everyone is aware. That is all we can do, we all know this game is pretty **** poor at this sort of thing.

Genesis

Rookie
Feb 26, 2014
Tbh I didnt hear you asking about a restart Alex.
But screw it now - race was pretty boring with no real battles but a few incidents.
Lost my wing once and had to switch to a 3 stop.
Went out well for Lotus at the end as we both got points.
My POV:

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
[video=youtube;1P9jPEAUrU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P9jPEAUrU8&feature=youtu.be[/video]