Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 14th

Threw away the first run and tried to save fuel for an attempt on the 2nd lap. It was messy, throwing away a whole second on what I was hitting yesterday which would have been good for P8.

Getting out of the way for others as I was out of sync and running an extra lap and inlap mostly in lean to preserve fuel meant no second run, this left me towards the back.

R: 13th S/SS/US (6,15)

Got tagged in the entry to Les Coombes, saw it unfurling in slow motion but couldn't get around @Smu3l3y spinning out on @TheEpicSnowWolf's misjudgement. Can't blame them for me being in the wrong place because qualifying was a mess up on my part.

I think it's too far back to help you @michal_miletin

This started to affect me but yesterday I couldn't complete more than a lap or two of practice in an hour or more. I also changed setup immediately before the race as I slightly improved my TT but the handling wasn't really to my liking with the rearward ballast and I hadn't raced it. S/SS (13) was my preferred strategy or US/S (6) would have been the Top 10 which I wasn't expecting to get into anyway. I would have based on everyone else's times.

Architect of my own demise before I drove into a desynced @LukeBin010 (on some other screen, not mine)

Rolled the dice as my one stop was pretty much blown by hanging out an extra lap over SS/SS to run SS/US. I got a drive through for passing @TheEpicSnowWolf later on when he spun out and I figured 5 seconds in the pitlane was less than waiting. It didn't help any but it is hard to get lapped at Spa if you're on pace in any way, so I'm glad I achieved that at least. Plus I made a place from the grid and outqualified my teammate and outraced him too. Sounds like he was unlucky too.

Ferrari have to make an impact in the Cathedral of Speed. I'm also coping with a new wheel (T300RS) with sub-optimal pedals (T3PA non-Pro), hopefully I have either a brake mod (the standard conical is ****) or the Thrustmaster to Logitech adapter made before Sunday. I should have the Ferrari F1 Rim for then too.

Last edited:

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
Q: 4th
I did a 1:45:2xx, very sad because in practice I did 1:43:8xx. However that's because on the first attempt I lost the car on the 12th turn, so I went for a second attempt wich was the only one. Back in the pits with less than 2 minutes left so no time for another lap.
R: 5th
After the start I managed to keep the 4th, not that much happened then before the pitstop when I was still 4th. So I decided to go for the 1 stop US-S. Had a rly good pace before I ran into @Smu3l3y that was struggling with his old SS. I got stacked so hard, my fault because I should have been much more determined to pass him. I think I was 2nd or 3rd but after a huge lockup on the first corner trying to pass him, my laptime crashed down, more than 1:50:0xx. So I got passed by 2 cars that took advantage of the overtaking opportunities on @Smu3l3y. that's it, he pitted and I went to the end, but the pace was not the same and I lost another position. So finished 5th.
Quite happy, I could've done much better but the primary objective was to go on points because I know I need more consistency.
Don't know why on some screens I was dc, my connection was pretty clear during all the race.

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 4th
I did a 1:45:2xx, very sad because in practice I did 1:43:8xx. However that's because on the first attempt I lost the car on the 12th turn, so I went for a second attempt wich was the only one. Back in the pits with less than 2 minutes left so no time for another lap.
R: 5th
After the start I managed to keep the 4th, not that much happened then before the pitstop when I was still 4th. So I decided to go for the 1 stop US-S. Had a rly good pace before I ran into @Smu3l3y that was struggling with his old SS. I got stacked so hard, my fault because I should have been much more determined to pass him. I think I was 2nd or 3rd but after a huge lockup on the first corner trying to pass him, my laptime crashed down, more than 1:50:0xx. So I got passed by 2 cars that took advantage of the overtaking opportunities on @Smu3l3y. that's it, he pitted and I went to the end, but the pace was not the same and I lost another position. So finished 5th.
Quite happy, I could've done much better but the primary objective was to go on points because I know I need more consistency.
Don't know why on some screens I was dc, my connection was pretty clear during all the race.
I will rework the invite order a bit and just usual recommendations to restart router before playing and play with wired and don't livestream. We might have to review things if they become persistent, just saying.

• Useful
Reactions: Sjoelbakkie

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Did you have the 'Voice Control is Disabled' message on startup as well?

Mine's just started with it. I fixed it by going into Audio Settings and setting the sound device again. Not sure if this is Discord related, like I say it's causing freezing of the Modern UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.