Aug 21, 2016
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Aladar
@Helmetless Stig
@Fbyson
@Lewis Samilton
@Spedz

Last edited:

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
I wish it wasn't Spa and Monza that I have to miss, definitely two of my better tracks.

Fbyson

Formula Karter
Sep 6, 2017
Yoo i will make it in time! I will arrive at home 8.55 so would be awesome if you wait 5 minutes :)
not a single practise lap and not a single minute f1 this week. 100% victory

• Informative
Reactions: Thompson

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Yoo i will make it in time! I will arrive at home 8.55 so would be awesome if you wait 5 minutes :)
not a single practise lap and not a single minute f1 this week. 100% victory
5mins, no more ;)

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Ok race for me. I got front wing damage twice but still finished in 6th (to be fair this was mostly due to other people crashing / not showing up).

Highlights:

dragonbone81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2015
Meh my race was ok. Avoided a couple crashes and considering I was way off the pace in the dry I'm happy with 4th :D

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Well, that was fun! Second win in my "AOR career", first one in the wets (never thought that would happen). Ran a wet setup as everyone else except @EL_Sonny who clearly qualified with a dry setup. I thought he would have struggled in the wets with that setup, especially when it showed there would be stormy weather during the race (never saw that before), but he managed through and held first place until lap 16. He pitted 2 laps before me and @Smash and I thought he put back new wet tyres, but he made the switch to inters before us. I thought he would have struggled more with the still very wet track, but he was still in front of me after I pitted for inters 2 laps later. In the end, my wet setup prevailed on inters, made the move down the Kemmel straight and build a 3sec gap. But near the end of the race, as the track got dryer, his dry setup came alive and he was gaining fast on me. 1-2 laps more and he would have passed me.

That win puts me back in contention for a podium finish for the championship and opened the gap behind me, +100 points and top 6 in the championship at this point in the season is better than what I anticipated.

P.S.: Sad that @CameronB exploded his car in Eau Rouge on the first lap, would have had a mighty battle throughout the race!

• Friendly
Reactions: CameronB