Mar 13, 2016
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@CragglesD (almost certain that he will miss this race)
@Michel--NL
@RobKite
@js1mon

Last edited:

kam

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 10, 2015
Schumi and Ozgur should have had it easy. With kam having to retire with connection issues, Hungary was theirs for the taking, or at least was a good chance to close the gap. In a surprise twist, Nezehran and Foxy dominated to take the first two steps on the podium, while schumi's 10-second penalty relegated him from the the podium, promoting Puffing up into third. With the season back underway, the drivers now head to the Ardennes forest in search of victory at the famous Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Will we have another drive taking their maiden victory, circa 1992 with Michael Schumacher? Will there be a pileup reminiscent of 1998's destruction derby? Or will we see another driver try to be like Mika Häkkinen and "overtake the backmarker and at the same time overtake the Michael"? All this and more, on Sunday.

Points Table for Spa

Nezehran grabbed his first win of his career (in F7, at least), with Foxy close behind in second. Another win or two should see Nezehran firmly in the title hunt. Puffing benefited from schumi have a 10-second time penalty added to his time after the race, bumping him up to third and schumi down to fourth. And Ozgur rounded off the Top 5.

Average Qualifying after Hungary

Nezehran (1:17.793) and Foxy (1:17.943), stood on the front row. It was Nezehran's third Top 3 start in four races, and his first pole of the season. For Foxy, it was his second consecutive front row start, after starting on pole in Britain. Ozgur (1:18.044) grabbed third for his first Top 3 start since Canada, narrowly beating out schumi (1:18.056), who had to settle for fourth. Puffing (1:18.281) took fifth, while championship leader kam (1:18.413) took a respectable sixth.

Average Finishes after Hungary

To go with his pole, Nezehran took his first win of the season, which also happened to be his fourth Top 5 finish in five races. Foxy finally threw the monkey off his back and took his first podium of the season, having not finished any better than 6th since he was moved up. As mentioned above, Puffing finished third courtesy of schumi's 10-second penalty, which was his third consecutive Top 5 finish. Ozgur took fifth, continuing a rough stretch were he's had trouble finding the podium, his last podium finish being Monaco, where he finished 2nd. kam's DNF brought to an end his career-long 7-race podium streak, a feat that will soon no longer be beatable in the coming weeks. Also of note, our glorious coordinator Yabba is one of the most consistent drivers I've seen. He doesn't score points very often, but he's finished 10th in 6 of the 11 races thus far. He's never finished better than 10th, but never worse than 12th. It's amazing! You've got my vote for driver of the season, Yabba! (y)

"Predicted" Results at Spa
@A.O.R Evildragon as our wonderful, charismatic commentator

1. @kam
2. @WildDitto
3. @nezehran
4. @RacingAtHome
5. @Ozgur Bayrak
6. @Schumi3garcia
7. @wrl1989
8. @ThePuffingMuffin
9. @Matasioo
10. @RobKite
11. @Ballboy57
12. @Foxysproxy
13. @js1mon
14. @James Grant
15. @Michel--NL
16. @CragglesD
17. @YabbaTheHutt
18. @Carcanon

Built in 1921 as a 15km (9.3 mile) behemoth, the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps hosts some of the most famous racing events in the world alongside the Belgian Grand Prix, including the 6 Hours of Spa and the Spa 24 Hours. The circuit is the complete opposite of Monaco, being flat-out and flowing, yet is just as famous, with La Source, Raidillon, Eau Rouge, the Kemmel Straight, Les Combes, the Bruxelles hairpin, Pouhon, Stavelot, Blanchimont, and the bus stop chicane all instantly recognizable, and come together to form one of the most demanding, high-speed and fun racing circuits in the world. This will be a fun one to (hopefully) be a part of.

wrl1989

Pro Karter
Apr 19, 2017
Thought this would be one of my better tracks of the season, but I'm hopeless on time trial.

I can just about match the pace of @nezehran 's early week pace, but at the expense of crashing a lot.

If I can't get used to the lack of grip with this fast set up I'll have to change it, or carry on with it and drive like a granny!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 13th
R: 8th
Messed up quali (again), could have gotten 11th without the mistake at the bustop.
Took it easy up to first corner on my softs and tried my best to just keep up. It went well and when people started to pit, I started to gain position. Then it started to sprinkle a little but it still felt good. Plan was to pit on lap 13 but since the rain wouldn't come, I stayed out. Tyres got worse and worse and I waited for the weather to decide. More rain and inters or staying as sprinkle... Since my tyres where quite worn, braking was hard, and I had to brake earlier and earlier. This tricked @Nozza_95 while braking for the bustop, half spin that I somehow managed to save. Pure racing incident and no hard feelings from my side :)
Pitted on at the end of lap 15 from 4th and gambled for inters as I felt that the rain increased, came out in 6th. It wasn't wet and the next 3 laps was awful. Probably got fooled by my worn softs that made me believe that it was more slippery than it really was. Inters was terrible but I held out for 3 laps before going back into the pit for US. I was still in 6th though. Came out in 9th, just behind Nozza. After he outbreaked himself after Kemmel straight I was in 8th and stayed there.
Just wondering what could have been had I gone for SS instead of Inters...:sour: Anyway, 8th is my best F1 result this far (y)

Congrats to the podium guys and see ya all at Monza next week (not a favourite) :)

Carcanon

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 10th
R: 7th
Qualifying went okay this time. Didn't have the idea I could've gone 9th place so I'm happy with this.
In the race I was happy that nothing happened at turn one, took it easy as planned. Had some good battles with @Nozza_95, I went for an overtake in the last sector but my back end did slide away from me and went into the wall. I do not think that I did hit someone which led to damage?
After that Jeff told me to go on Interns, what I did. Never again.
Switched to Ultra Softs, and luckily for me @YabbaTheHutt and @Nozza_95 went on the interns, could overtake them what led to place 7th.

Nozza_95

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 26, 2017
Q:12
R:9
Quali didnt start great lost it on the kerb on entry to Pouhon on my first lap, but thankfully managed to keep it out of the wall. Lacked confidence for the rest of the session so only managed P12. Race started well and kept clam during the first few laps before settling into a rhythm. Had some good battles with @wrl1989 and @Carcanon before the rain came.
Once the rain started I was struggling with grip in braking zone so decided to pit for inters, where it only got worse leading to @YabbaTheHutt getting passed after a good battle on the entry to Les Combes where i completely out-braked myself.
Overall I'm very happy with my first race and I am looking forward to Monza.

P.S. Great job on the commentary @A.O.R Evildragon and Vectro!

nezehran

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 2, 2017
Q: 2, crap qualifying. Had done 1.43 times all day.
R: 4, Crap, Crap, Crap and Crap. Jeff fucked me hard with saying it it would be inter weathers so I went for SS and tried to push but hey as I said. Crap, Crap, Crap! And I got a 3 sec penalty in the last corner that cost me 2 places...

wrl1989

Pro Karter
Apr 19, 2017
Q: 7
R: 6

A very average grand prix for me!

My first stint in quali was pretty decent. Think I was third or fourth at the time, but I somehow didn't manage to go quicker on my second run, despite it feeling pretty good.

Start of the race was a disaster. I quickly realised I hadn't switched on proximity arrows, so I tip-toed round the first corner and I had dropped three places to P10 very quickly.

From then on, I was quite worried I was going to take someone out because of my lack of proximity arrows, so I didn't fight very hard.

Luckily @Nozza_95 and @Carcanon crashed right in front of me, which promoted me into P6 on lap 14 and that's exactly where I stayed till the end.

Saw my championship rival and teammate @ThePuffingMuffin lost the back end and crashed on Au Rouge pretty early on, which was fortunate for me as he was looking racey.

All in all, I'll take it. Bring on Monza!

No highlights this week by the way. Forgot to double tap "share" at the end of the race and lost my footage when I quit the game :facepalm:

kam

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 10, 2015
Also, @RacingAtHome, I'm so sorry for the contact on Lap 8, I was moving over to the other side of the track (as per the racing line), and I didn't realize you were already there >< I hope you can forgive me :cry:

RacingAtHome

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 5, 2016
Also, @RacingAtHome, I'm so sorry for the contact on Lap 8, I was moving over to the other side of the track (as per the racing line), and I didn't realize you were already there >< I hope you can forgive me :cry:
It ruined my race essentially. But I forgive you.

Qualifying was ok. Cut Eau Rouge so lap was invalidated but pushed and crashed at Pouhon in a big way.
In other news. Tried the Inter call. That was a big mistake. Then crashed at the final corner on my lap 19 causing me to not get any points.

Last edited:

nezehran

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 2, 2017
Are you on wifi or cable? because its really hard to overtake you because of your lag :) or atleast everytime im behind you you lag xD

nezehran

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 2, 2017
Did anyone printscreen the racedirectory after the race? Hopefully the incident page :)

So I can get my penalty removed because I think it was unfair :)