Jan 12, 2014
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @IsaacPrice99
- @CAR_MrHamilton44
- @Marek

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Race day!

I assume this race thread silence means that everyone has been constantly sweating it out since last week :p

Except me

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
I think the absurdly nonexistant track limits have left us all speechless tbh

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
i seem to have missed this, where can you cut/extend?
You can extend almost every corner in the middle sector without a warning. The only one where you get a warning is Pouhon and you lose time by extending there.

Edit:

Now these cuts were obviously done on purpose and obviously aren't as extreme as say Sochi or Canada, but it's also worth noting that the limits work perfectly fine in time trial.

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
FYI guys, after the events of last weeks, I've decided that from now on there will not be any restarts for the race session in any circumstances, as it just takes too long with manually sorting the grid etc, and makes it more difficult to make correct in-the-moment decisions as a coordinator.

However since it still seems that many people want qualy restarts to happen if people DSC at the start of the qualy session, I will do my best to call that correctly still. This will now only happen if someone disconnects before any driver has set a full counting lap time, rather than just having started a flying lap, as that should hopefully be more straight-forward to call.

Any disconnects happening after the first qualy lap has been set will be "tough luck" and you're gonna have to deal with that. You can try to rejoin via a backup invite if you have one available, but unfortunately it often happens that Steams removes this upon closing the game or going offline on Steam.

(Only exception is in the case of "mass disconnections" (4+ people in qualy or 50%+ in the race) as that's covered in the rules already.)

With that said, let's hope everyone's connection holds up tonight!

Cheers

@töpäää @IsaacPrice99 @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @ramdrop @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani @Marek @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46 @Tiziano Brioni

Reactions: RaikoGordon24

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
So a disconnect in qualifying (after the first lap is posted) is basically a DNF for the race if you can't rejoin by a spare invite? (or a DNS or DSC, probably formally the right one)

This is not to agree or disagree, just to completely understand. (I know you said "not be any restarts [...] in any circumstances" but just to make sure)

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91