Dec 9, 2016
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guides

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Kevin Kalt
- @Breakdown
- @Fendtarco

Last edited:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
You overrevved on every track until now without 8th gear ??? o_O

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
No no, but I've only been practicing Hungary since Silverstone. I've forgotten what 8th feels like
I...actually use 8th gear in Hungary because I hate over-reving my engine.

ulukbek

Formula Karter
Jan 10, 2018
Hi, I´m new here and I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to participate in this race. I've raced in many other leagues before and I want to step up my game.
Steam: ulukbek8

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Hi, I´m new here and I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to participate in this race. I've raced in many other leagues before and I want to step up my game.
You can sign up for a league in the PC Sign up thread

Reactions: Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Hello. If you wish to enlist for a race, you have to sign up to the league first, and submit time trial times to know where you will be placed between the tiers. From there, if you're selected, you'll have a spot as a reserve driver if the league doesn't have a seat available, and when drivers are absent, you'll get to fill their seat in their stead.

Here is the sign up thread : https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-f1-2017-pc-main-sign-up-thread-season-14.24571/unread

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Yeah, nah...**** it.

Quali: Didn't set the best time but then my pedals fucked up so I got black flagged for blocking pit lane

Race: Pretty good at the start, made up 5 or so positions around the outside. Backed off at Eau Rouge and down the straight because of some lag from the cars ahead, lost a position because of it. Span out after being distracted by Yobbo's spin/accident, fucked up a few times after that and then Windows update decides to do it's **** in the middle of the race.

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Qualy 1st: Had a really bad start. I fucked up my first try for some reason. I've never cutted a corner there but for some reason I did in the first heat. My second run was good enough for pole so I was happy.

Race 1st: Not the best start. @yobbo got me after the first straight. Then he made a mistake and I could take him over for P1 again. After that it was pretty much cruising until the end. (Strategy us/s)

Last edited:

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Qualy: P15

I did a stupid and tried to save a lap I should have aborted, losing grip in the first chicane following Eau Rouge. Needless to say I smashed my car. Didn't even set a time.

Race: P4? Excuse me?

Quite an eventful one. So me having lost all momentum following the crash-out, and my nerves now acting higher than they were, I was more focused on Bullet Sponge than the lights. And I, as well as himself and Axel, released the clutch and I got a drive through.

Oops.

Recovery drive it is. I'm hoping I end up in a situation like Fersiphion at Silverstone where it adds the time at the end of the race because at this point so many errors have been made by other drivers I'm running P5. And Jeff tells me to take my drive through or be disqualified. Take the penalty, come out near the bottom of the top 10. People start pitting for new tires, I get past an exiting AmStar and steal P4. Had an intense lap and a half battle with him literally side by side through Pouhon at one point. And then I took too much curb in the corner following it and spun, and chipped my front wing. Now I'm P6.

Have you ever been so angry with yourself that you enter an all-or-nothing mindset?

I leave the pits with a new set of softs and I'm like "F**k it. I'm either fighting my way back to the top 5 or I'm gonna crash out trying." And I nearly did. Two or three laps after my stop, I jumped Pouhon. I landed and entered what seemed to be an infinite slide. And Jeff comes over the radio, asking if I'm okay before telling me not to worry about the mistake and focus on the rest of the race (Didn't even know he was programmed to do that!). After that I set the fastest lap three times in a row before turning the wick down to conserve fuel. And I was gaining on Hinyaldee quickly. I finally passed for P5 him with three laps to go, and a lap later I hear Fersiphion and Vincent got into some trouble. And then Hinyaldee crashed, and the driver behind him was somewhere between one and two pitstops behind me - that's how large the gap was. Took this as my chance to finish P4, and assumed Fersiphion had at least 6 seconds of penalties as I had none at that point. And I pushed as hard as my tires would let me, crossed the finish line 2 seconds behind him, and was promoted one place higher.

In all honesty I feel as though I blew another shot at a win. I was the only guy to break into the 43s in split 8 as far as I know, and in a practice lobby the day before won all four races we did. That, and the amount I was gaining on everyone ahead of me by makes me wonder what would have happened if I qualified 10 positions higher. Hopefully this string of bad luck I seem to have had since Hungary doesn't follow me to Monza.