PS4 - Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix - Sunday 14th January 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix - Sunday 14th January 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

ZeQ420

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Qualifying: Bottled it.

Race: Looked promising... then bottled it.

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Q - 5th - Ran wide on me first lap so decided to abandon it and come into the pits, 2nd lap was a very conservative lap, just wanted to put a lap on the board and got 5th

R - 5th - First lap found out going up Eau Rouge flat out on slicks while its raining is not the smartest thing to do, rear came out and slammed into the barrier on the right hand side, somehow only came out of the with front wing damage, thought it was it was the end for me when the rear went :D @ZeQ420 must've had a marvellous view of me bum twitching
I probably should have pitted to change my front wing but somehow found myself catching up to the group in front so stayed out, got passed a couple of them, this time I judged better and decided to lift through Eau Rouge but then missed my breaking point and with my front wing completely gone on one side I spun at Bruxelles. Again though after I recovered I was catching the cars in front so decided to stay out another lap, it wasn't until lap 4 where I think the track started to dry where I became a sitting duck and found myself going backwards unable to put the power down so decided to pit at the end of that lap and get a new front wing.
Found myself down in 13th so it was all about the recovery drive from there, my initial pit strategy was to pit again on lap 12 I think but I stayed out till lap 18 where my tyres had completely had it and lost 3 seconds in a lap to @James Boniface I was tempted to stay out on supers till the end but felt it was safer to come in again for fresh tyres. Happy to get the fastest lap and 5th is not a bad position to finish with the drama of them 2 opening laps, think I was catching @AOR Davidben by 2.5/3 seconds a lap at the end there, 1 more lap dammit! :D

Congrats @washy03 :)

Seca

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 15, 2016
@Jolly76 , just now watched your video. After T1 I didn’t roll off the throttle but held it steady for just a second when you came up behind me. Sorry it caused you to crash. I was being overly cautious and worried about touching another driver going into Eau Rouge or running in the grass. My apologies.

washy03

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Q: 3rd

Pretty happy with my performance. Could have squeezed a little more time but the laps that long, it’s easier said that done. Wouldn’t have been enough for pole anyway with MR F7 taking another pole. :rofl:

R: 1st

The changeable conditions suited me perfectly. Made a decent off the line and hugged the apex of t1 while it seemed @Mcquiz95 over shot the corner.

This allowed @denzamo to take the lead with me hot on his heels. At the chicane we were side by side and I got through as he took a little too much kerb and his back end kicked. No team orders here.

Over the following wet laps I quickly pulled a 7 second lead Whilst @denzamo and @ZeQ420 battled each other.

Lap 8, zeq has pulled the gap down a little and when it went under 5 seconds I pushed hard to get it back over 5. I made my pitstop on my severely worn ultras. In the 70% bracket. Could feel they were about to go. @ZeQ420 continued on with super soft tyres and as I left the pits I came out in 3rd, just infront of @James Boniface.

Shortly after, disaster happened for @ZeQ420 and he binned it. Subsequently, @denzamo who was just in front of me made his stop and I now had a lead of over 20 seconds to 2nd place.

The rest of the race was uneventful as I managed my pace and coasted round. Think I ended up finishing 13 seconds ahead.

Was getting nervous around @danio after I’d lapped as he was keeping up for laps on end. If you can work on staying on the track you’d be right up there.

Congrats to @denzamo whos improved massively recently and to @Mcquiz95 for the podium spot

iej76

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2015
@Jolly76 , just now watched your video. After T1 I didn’t roll off the throttle but held it steady for just a second when you came up behind me. Sorry it caused you to crash. I was being overly cautious and worried about touching another driver going into Eau Rouge or running in the grass. My apologies.
No problem at all mate. Don’t blame you at all. I am the guy behind you are entitled to do what you did. I should have reacted quicker or not been so close approaching eau rouge

danio

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Was getting nervous around @danio after I’d lapped as he was keeping up for laps on end. If you can work on staying on the track you’d be right up there
It is not that @washy03 In some reason I had my wings set up for 1 and I don’t know why. I spun on every single corner and just couln’d keep that car on track. I thought that race would be one of my best races but I failed massively.