Round 12 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

1606314789901.png

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th November 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

1606314768675.png

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Zeerovert
- @Materiał
- @Akenari
- @y0ennie

Last edited:

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Fun fact: We've had 6 different winners in the past 6 races.
I'm hoping I can put an end to that ;)

I'm not too confident though, this track is murder on the front left and I'm not very good at looking after the fronts on these kind of tracks. I also just don't seem to be that quick around here

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
My internet has been dead all day, I won't be able to race unless it fixes itself in the next couple of hours.

Edit: It is back...But seems to drop intermittently. I will see if it can last a race distance.

Last edited:

Akenari

Formula Karter
Im not sure if i can Race today. Internet is dead for like an hour. I will message you if i can join todays Race.
If not then good luck to everyone. Keep it clean ;)

y0ennie

Formula 4 Test Driver
I'm extremely sorry but I'll once again have to work tonight. I have switched to a diffrent job though for next month so I'm hoping I'll finally be able to really get into this season

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Q: 1
What a lap. In TT I could only muster a 25.0, so to do a 24.7 online feels unreal. No idea where it came from.
R: 3
I was prepared to come here in full "I am stupid" mode, and I still am kind of. I made the exact same mistake I made in Australia, and got a drive through for it. But...
That comeback felt so good. I really thought P7 was the absolute maximum I would get out of that, but the VSC totally saved me. Everyone else boxed and I came out P4, @Blue Inquisitor must have made the same mistake as me and got a drive through, promoting me to P3. Lost it at the end on track, but penalties got me back up there.

I'm so disappointed I couldn't win that one, I know I had the pace for it, but I'm happy with my comeback drive. You win some you lose some I suppose. Well done to everyone, great race all round.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Fun race, ruined by a BS drive through penalty:

Does anyone know the penalty for ignoring a drive through? I was tempted to ignore it but worried I'd get DSQ'd

Well done to Maverick on the win!

MrZOCKson

Formula Karter
Fun race, ruined by a BS drive through penalty:

Does anyone know the penalty for ignoring a drive through? I was tempted to ignore it but worried I'd get DSQ'd

Well done to Maverick on the win!
If you don't serve your Drive Through penalty in 3 laps, You will get the black flag. If there aren't 3 laps remaining, it would be 20 seconds or something.

YellOwIshStaR

Pro Karter
Q:3
R:7 (I think)

Frankly, the fact I stayed connected the entire time is pretty much a victory for me hahaha - though I felt I had the pace for a top 3 finish I lost a chunk of front wing going onto the Wellington straight lap 1 and that made my first stint an understeer filled nightmare, then came the safety car and what I have been reminded of today is that hard tyres do not enjoy Silverstone turn 1 when they are a bit chilly as I got a bit (very) dizzy on the restart.

Boxed for softs under the VSC and have never felt so much freedom changing from horrible worn hards to some lovely fresh softs - was a fun race

also apologies to anyone stuck behind me on my first stint, the missing chunk of wing made the car abhorrent to drive :LOL:

gdunc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Ah ok. The VSC system is ****, if you dip into the red just as it's going green you get a drive through which is super harsh. It spoilt my chance at going for the win as I had good pace.
It's a nightmare. I always make sure to leave 1-1.5 seconds, better safe than sorry.

Says me who was speeding under the safety car...