PC - Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [13/01/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [13/01/19 8:00pm]

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: P1
R: P6 (US-M)
My first pole position since Korea S8 and in my 260th AOR league race was definitely the highlight of the night. :)

As for the actual race I made a good start and kept the lead and was very happy to see @Steve Jackson made a lightning start and jump from 4th to 2nd.

Kept the lead for my first stint and pitted on lap 7 for mediums to go to the end.

The middle stint was quite confusing I got jumped by @Footyad24 who was 2 stopping and was having a good fight with @ITMRacing infront and @menk behind up until lap 16 when @Maxxwil came out the pits right in the middle of our fight but I knew he would struggle for a lap or 2 on new mediums so I had to pass him straight away so I dived down the inside at turn 1 on lap 17 and made it stick.

Once all the pitstops had been made I was in 3rd keeping up with @ITMRacing infront and slowly being caught by @Maxxwil on his fresher tyres behind but I was pretty confident about getting my first podium as I only had 1 warning at this point.

Then everything changed on lap 25 when @Maxxwil had a go in to turn 1 I defended the inside line and kept the position we then went side by side up the hill to turn 4 I was on the inside and @Maxxwil on the outside and unfortunately we made contact which resulted in my car spinning and losing 4 positions.

I then spent the last 10 laps catching back up to @menk who I knew had a penalty so my plan was to sit behind him and gain the position at the end but unfortunately I had got a stupid warning when I lost concentration after the spin and then on lap 33 I cut turn 4 and got a penalty so now I had no choice but to have a go at @menk which I did in to turn 1 on the final lap but I ran wide and @menk cut back underneath me and we then went side by side round several corners in an almost exact repeat of the race with @Maxxwil but luckily this time I was far enough ahead before turn 4 to gain the position and finish in 6th.

Congrats to the top 3 starting to think I might never join you but I wont give up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Weird race from start to finish for me, first my game crashed in qualy for no reason. Got an error about the D3D device being removed, upon rejoining the issue was fixed, also my stream quality died today as well, so I couldn't record my race footage. Their was also massive teleportation issues today with @ITMRacing. First time it's happened but it was weird for sure. Apparently the lobby was apparently bugged and didn't alert people of warnings and/or time penalties and the delta didn't work in qualy. Somehow I came out on top in a weird race as their was issues at the end for the leaders. However massive apologies to @iJokeri22, I am unsure of what happened to be honest, I think we where stuck together because I knew that corner wasn't for an overtake and I was going to leave you the space and try to get the inside for the next right hander. I can assure you the incident wasn't intentional.
Try to only record your race without streaming please. You usually lag and desync a lot for most of us because of that

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Try to only record your race without streaming please. You usually lag and desync a lot for most of us because of that
Understood, but respectfully after 12 rounds and no complaints I assumed it was fine. I've seen worse desync from other drivers throughout the year and especially last night.

• Clever
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
ffs the claim is for like a particular frame at 11;44 lot of shite - have disputed - dunno if you can view the video now....if not I'll upload to dropbox tomorrow
You'll usually get an email saying that it's unblocked within 36 hours.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 4th

Tyre delta was huge between the US & S. Obvious strat is S/M, great if I'm outside the top 10. Problem is that's a large gap. I knew my race pace was average on those tyres, the US runners would make time for 6/7 laps easily. But, I'm not fast enough per lap to justify the optimal strat of US/S/S plus my setups weren't all that comfortable and the comfortable ones were slower. Picked the edgier setup and knew that tyre management at the stop was key. Was pleased with the lap as that is the limit of my talent at this track.

R: 11th US/M (6)

Got a great start and was bold into T1. @iJokeri22 had got away clean though and it was a couple of laps before I could begin to take a look. Felt I was overdriving to try to get a position on him for the attempt, so went back into a more conservative mode. @Footyad24 found his way past as my pace dropped a bit. Disaster on Lap 6 as the snap oversteer I was getting on acceleration finally got the better of me heading into the final sector. It was an agonisingly slow recovery to the pit. I had heavy wing damage. I was pitting 1-2 laps ahead of schedule so I knew the last couple of laps would be quite tough, if I got there.

Actually managed the transition onto the M quite well and was running about 13 seconds behind @iJokeri22 but I saw @Partyfuchs having an off at the start of sector 2 and my car came out in sympathy; actually an unforced error, let's be blunt about it. Annoying since I was going so well initially, then damage limitation hadn't been too bad either. I was about 12 seconds in front of @Hinyaldee which was then reduced to 3-4 seconds. Next update on my team-mate he was 20 plus seconds up the road and the gap grew a little.

Not to be put off, it took me a few laps to really begin to gap @Hinyaldee and then I got a bit of a tow from @SLI I think, I got ahead of him off his stop but he got past then dragged me round for a lap or two which got me some well-needed DRS. @Partyfuchs was pulling fast laps for fun seeing as he had gone 2 laps down but he did get out of the way when I came upon him again.

I kept a pretty clean race and used fuel where I could and tried to keep the boring laps constant. The last part of the stint from about half distance was pretty miserable really. I just felt the pack were a bridge too far and so it proved in the end. I did finish 12th on the road but leapfrogged @tim_haeusli with his penalties for 11th.

Bit disappointed not to get off the mark in the Toro Rosso team and will be disappointed if the 4 points I got at Silverstone are all I get. I like Belgium, so see you next week.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I was shitty on this track and didn't expect much anyways ! I had to run the Medium compound from lap 8 to the end... 27 laps, they held on, but I was sliding like a Need For Speed car by the 27th lap mark

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I was shitty on this track and didn't expect much anyways ! I had to run the Medium compound from lap 8 to the end... 27 laps, they held on, but I was sliding like a Need For Speed car by the 27th lap mark
Were you on the US-M strategy? I tried that in practice but couldn't take the US tires past lap 5

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Were you on the US-M strategy? I tried that in practice but couldn't take the US tires past lap 5
In practice I could keep US until lap 7, to switch to M. But I started on S and had to pit on lap 8 because I made a mistake a hit a wall, hurting my front wing and impairing me. On such a track so heavy on downforce, I had to repair ASAP, so I pitted for M.

My POV :

• Informative
Reactions: Head Squid

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I ran M from lap 6 so I did 29 laps. I was planning on Lap 7 or 8, 7 most likely.

Cramps

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
My race was as i expected it to be. Went S -> M and tried to cruise around the track, keep the tyres below 105°C and don't bother anyone. :ROFLMAO: In the end i got P9 and i'm quite happy about it.

Congrats to @Maxxwil (y)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
haha internet cuts out and lose all progress on upload....what a screamer

might not happen tonight lads