Mar 30, 2018
Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Sean FAP Belkom
- @VP_DamnDqniel
- @Kiiski123
- @Blizard53

Last edited:

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Ahhh Hungary,
MAGYAR NAGYDIJ, the circuit i **** on every 2 days and therefore they have great food. Personally just a circuit i dont really like it that much but with the tyre difference some interesting FAP strategys will come in handy for certain drivers.

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Note to Reserve Drivers

We have 4 reserve drivers in the grid at the moment which means that not all of you may be able to race today. Active drivers and earlier sign-ups will be prioritized and in the case that there are fewer than 4 no-shows today, this is how the grid will be filled:

Reserve Driver Priority List (as of right now)
1. @nolann
2. @Limitable
3. @Tom Parker
4. @Simone Iamotti

As it stands, there are 2 confirmed no-shows for today's race. In that case, @nolann and @Limitable will fill the remaining slots.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Can the league coordinator add me in PSN? I’m the new 5th reserve

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Hungary Heartbreak

Qualifying Position: 5th
Finishing Position: DNF

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. After 26 consecutive points finishes in my AOR career, the streak is over after I lost control of the Red Bull car in an unfortunate incident at Turn 3 and hit the wall in a race-ending fashion. Obviously this was the most disappointing league race of my career but sometimes you have to face adversity to overcome the obstacles and it can only get better from here.

There's another silver lining too, and that's the successful qualifying lap I managed to pull off that got me up to P5 which is probably the second best qualifying position of my season so far. However, it was an incredibly close fought session with pretty the entire top 10 separated by mere thousands of seconds. It's just another testament to how close the field is this season which is awesome to see.

Race starts are usually one of my strong suits but this time I got a poor start which left me vulnerable into turn 1. This is where I had my first piece of bad luck when I had no choice but to take evasive action as @leefindlay04 and @nolann came together slightly in turn 1 and I was on the outside with nowhere to go. This heavily compromised my acceleration out of turn 1 and I immediately dropped many places in a matter of seconds.

I believe I was P11 by the time the dust settled which was far from ideal considering the strong starting position. This was all familiar territory for me though so I wasn't too concerned about it. I knew Hungary was going to be a struggle with the tyres so I only tried to manage my tyres in the first 5 laps with only a Medium runner of @Casper24-F1 behind me.

It didn't take long from that point for the sh*t to hit the fan. @Limitable was clearly struggling with his tyres and he was getting overtaken by those in front of me. Eventually I was next in line to take advantage with much better tyres but things didn't go as planned..

I was side-by-side with Danny going into the final corner leading to the main straight and I had the outside line in hopes of having the better outright traction to muscle my way through. I'm not entirely sure but Danny's car collided with mine which unsettled the car and compromised my exit. This left the door open for Casper to make a move on us both into turn 1. This, in turn, gave @Cherry2pie a chance to also follow his Toro Rosso teammate to have a look into turn 2.

We gave each other room and I came out slightly ahead coming into turn 3 but I had to let off the throttle to make the corner, otherwise I would have risked going wide and spinning out from accelerating on the kerb. Unfortunately Cherry didn't take this into account and had a small contact on my rear end which was enough to send my car into the wall and ultimately ending my race on that very spot.

As for the incident, me and Cherry settled it in private and I accepted his apology so I won't take it to the stewards. It was an unfortunate incident where some desync was also involved and the accident also ruined Cherry's race so there's really no point for a stewards enquiry. These things happen from time to time and it was finally my time to be on the receiving end of a race-ending incident.

Clearly this was a missed opportunity to make gains in the championship standings but it wasn't meant to be this time. Congrats to the winners as always and a shout out to my teammate @kieranrp for a well-deserved podium.

Next up is Belgium which is always a classic although it may not be the most favorable track for me personally. Here's hoping I can bounce back from the Hungary heartbreak and get back to grinding the good results. See ya there!

Oh and here's the incident from my POV if anyone's interested since it wasn't properly seen in the stream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper24-F1

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Hungary Heartbreak

Qualifying Position: 5th
Finishing Position: DNF

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. After 26 consecutive points finishes in my AOR career, the streak is over after I lost control of the Red Bull car in an unfortunate incident at Turn 3 and hit the wall in a race-ending fashion. Obviously this was the most disappointing league race of my career but sometimes you have to face adversity to overcome the obstacles and it can only get better from here.

There's another silver lining too, and that's the successful qualifying lap I managed to pull off that got me up to P5 which is probably the second best qualifying position of my season so far. However, it was an incredibly close fought session with pretty the entire top 10 separated by mere thousands of seconds. It's just another testament to how close the field is this season which is awesome to see.

Race starts are usually one of my strong suits but this time I got a poor start which left me vulnerable into turn 1. This is where I had my first piece of bad luck when I had no choice but to take evasive action as @leefindlay04 and @nolann came together slightly in turn 1 and I was on the outside with nowhere to go. This heavily compromised my acceleration out of turn 1 and I immediately dropped many places in a matter of seconds.

I believe I was P11 by the time the dust settled which was far from ideal considering the strong starting position. This was all familiar territory for me though so I wasn't too concerned about it. I knew Hungary was going to be a struggle with the tyres so I only tried to manage my tyres in the first 5 laps with only a Medium runner of @Casper24-F1 behind me.

It didn't take long from that point for the sh*t to hit the fan. @Limitable was clearly struggling with his tyres and he was getting overtaken by those in front of me. Eventually I was next in line to take advantage with much better tyres but things didn't go as planned..

I was side-by-side with Danny going into the final corner leading to the main straight and I had the outside line in hopes of having the better outright traction to muscle my way through. I'm not entirely sure but Danny's car collided with mine which unsettled the car and compromised my exit. This left the door open for Casper to make a move on us both into turn 1. This, in turn, gave @Cherry2pie a chance to also follow his Toro Rosso teammate to have a look into turn 2.

We gave each other room and I came out slightly ahead coming into turn 3 but I had to let off the throttle to make the corner, otherwise I would have risked going wide and spinning out from accelerating on the kerb. Unfortunately Cherry didn't take this into account and had a small contact on my rear end which was enough to send my car into the wall and ultimately ending my race on that very spot.

As for the incident, me and Cherry settled it in private and I accepted his apology so I won't take it to the stewards. It was an unfortunate incident where some desync was also involved and the accident also ruined Cherry's race so there's really no point for a stewards enquiry. These things happen from time to time and it was finally my time to be on the receiving end of a race-ending incident.

Clearly this was a missed opportunity to make gains in the championship standings but it wasn't meant to be this time. Congrats to the winners as always and a shout out to my teammate @kieranrp for a well-deserved podium.

Next up is Belgium which is always a classic although it may not be the most favorable track for me personally. Here's hoping I can bounce back from the Hungary heartbreak and get back to grinding the good results. See ya there!

Oh and here's the incident from my POV if anyone's interested since it wasn't properly seen in the stream.

I got lucky there! I was behind of you, luckily I braked in time

Reactions: Tactician109