PS4 - ROUND 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [13/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [13/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
]Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

FTR_Drez

S17 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately I will not be able to race tomorrow. These last couple of weeks have been difficult for me and I have no time to race. I am sure next week will be better.
Sorry guys. Good luck!

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
First of all, sorry again for the delay in starting! I had literally just been online moments before, so I have no idea why it was playing up!

Qualifying
Started by setting a banker lap before going for it properly on the Medium and Soft. Finished qualifying P14 with a 1:17.198.

Race
Opted to start on the Mediums and just managed to avoid the big crash after T1, which allowed me to climb into P11, soon to become P10 after the first lap. I wasn't able to chase down @TheogGR1 who was on the Soft tyre, but I was able to fend off @Nexus1011 up until Lap 7, who made the move when I wasn't actually expecting it at T2 haha, so I had to turn away from the corner to avoid. I was able to stick with him but not able to get back past. He pitted Lap 18 while I pitted Lap 21.

I exited just ahead of @Alex Shield but was passed at T2. After my tyres were up to temperature, I was able to fight back and on Lap 24 reclaimed the position of P10. Unfortunately, I then found myself now around 8.5 seconds behind @Nexus1011... I wasn't able to catch up, but I was able to close the gap down to 4 seconds which I then found that without my penalty, I'd have claimed P9 from him... Ah well.

Overall from what I remember, it was an okay race with the constant pressure from @Nexus1011, as well as the goal to catch back up at the end. Another points finish to add to the list, so a success in that sense. Hopefully next race I won't have the issue joining the lobby!

Reactions: Nexus1011