Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

*BANNER HERE*

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

*TRACK GRAPHICS HERE*

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Zarra
- @MegaJoelchuYT

Last edited:

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Can we skip this one and go straight to Spa?

Not only am I slow in Hungary but a lap where I don't spin can be considered a good lap.

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Well after 1 practice GP I can tell this is going to be a problematic race.
So easy to run wide in the 2nd sector but unlike Germany you don't get any penalty for it.
My bet is people will abuse that, willingly or not every lap.

Stewards are going to have a busy job after the races.

Zarra

Formula Karter
Mar 23, 2017
sorry i cant race this week again im having some family troubles but ill be able to race next week for sure

Graphyx

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Congratz to @Sam Penfold for the win and his masterclass in the rain!
For my part, I did have a bad start, but I managed to go safely through the crashed cars.
I could have finished P5 at least, but I made two mistakes on the kerbs at turn 5.

Reactions: peter

peter

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2019
That was a fun race! My lack of experience really did show today. I was slower than a sloth in the wet. Then I regained my pace when the track started to dry, but I made two big mistakes and ended up in 8th. Oh well, at least I got pole. . .

Reactions: Sam Penfold

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Tough race... Hungary is NOT my track to start with and then we had the rain too which I'm never comfortable with.
I was pretty happy with my qualification time as despite being on a wet setup I was only about 0,7s off my record in TT.

Well that is until I realized I was 1,4s off pole so that's when I knew this was going to be a difficult one. :D

Congrats to @Sam Penfold and @thomasooo, both of which had a pace I was nowhere near in both the wet and the dry.

Also sorry @peter for the dive bomb into T2 on lap 3.
I couldn't see my braking point in the rain and behind you and Jordy so I was late on the brakes and it turned into an aggressive overtake.
You did well to pay attention there and avoid the collision. Hope you didn't get damage from the small touch later in the turn too.

In the end I think a congratulation is in place for anybody who managed to survive the nightmare that was this race.
I was sweating by the end and my leg hurts from the strain of feathering the throttle non-stop for 20 or so laps of wet weather racing.

I wasn't quick but consistently slow worked well enough this time. No major mistakes like spins or visits outside the track.

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
I was lucky to win this. I had a pretty decent lead in the wet, but stayed out a lap or two too long on the inters and came out just behind @thomasooo. I think I was too busy chatting to @Biolite80 who also came back out way in front of me.
Followed Thomasoo closely for a couple of laps but we had pretty similar pace in the dry and I couldn’t do anything. Then unfortunately he got too close to the big curb at turn 6? Which spun him out and gave me the lead and win.

Last edited:

Conall

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 7, 2019
I was so slow in the changing conditions today, nice move by @WetschEsVetteli on me in turn 1 on the mediums, I didn't even think you were close enough for an overtake. Also Jeff trying to recommend the softs with 15 laps left was such a bait.

Last edited:

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
I was so slow in the changing conditions today, nice move by @WetschEsVetteli on me in turn 1 on the softs, I didn't even think you were close enough for an overtake. Also Jeff trying to recommend the softs with 15 laps left was such a bait.
Eff you Jeff! That’s what I messing around with, trying to work out which tyres to go on in the dry.

Reactions: Conall

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I was lucky to win this. I had a pretty decent lead in the wet, but stayed out a lap or two too long on the inters and came out just behind @thomasooo. I think I was too busy chatting to @Biolite80 who also came back out way in front of me.
Followed Thomasoo closely for a couple of laps but we had pretty similar pace in the dry and I couldn’t do anything. Then unfortunately he got too close to the big curb at turn 6? Which spun him out and gave me the lead and win.
sorry for distracting you :(

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I was so slow in the changing conditions today, nice move by @WetschEsVetteli on me in turn 1 on the mediums, I didn't even think you were close enough for an overtake. Also Jeff trying to recommend the softs with 15 laps left was such a bait.
ya...tyres that only last 8 laps lol