PC - Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [17/11/19 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix [17/11/19 8PM UK]

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
@peter Is Hungary one of your best tracks by the way?
Asking because I'm scared...

You would have been pole in F9 as well with your quali time.
2nd in F6!

Heck from the youtube vods I checked you were a second or less off the pole times in F1-F3 leagues.

Can't compare to other leagues because their coordinators aren't nearly as efficient as @Biolite80.

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017

2nd in F6!

Heck from the youtube vods I checked you were a second or less off the pole times in F1-F3 leagues.

Can't compare to other leagues because their coordinators aren't nearly as efficient as @Biolite80.
Qualifying and race pace is a whole different thing though, not to mention being able to run consistently and close to other drivers. The higher splits tend to have closer matched drivers as they've been in league racing for a bit longer and are naturally bunched together with higher skilled drivers.

Not taking anything away from that lap time though... its a good .300 quicker than i can go in Hot Lap after pounding round lap after lap!

Be interesting to see our overall race times in comparison with the other splits. I've never really looked!

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Qualifying and race pace is a whole different thing though, not to mention being able to run consistently and close to other drivers. The higher splits tend to have closer matched drivers as they've been in league racing for a bit longer and are naturally bunched together with higher skilled drivers.

Not taking anything away from that lap time though... its a good .300 quicker than i can go in Hot Lap after pounding round lap after lap!

Be interesting to see our overall race times in comparison with the other splits. I've never really looked!
Absolutely. I'm nowhere near being able to set times like those though no matter how much time or how many attempts you'd give me.
I set my TT record just before the race at 1:16:9 which is a good 6 tenths off that quali time.
But in TT I also take risks I can't in a qualifying session or a race because the likelihood of me spinning out or going into a wall are extremely high.

Being able to set a lap time like that is very impressive to me.

I guess I'm much more of a consistency driver. I haven't been anywhere near the top in pace of either race so far but I just dial my pace down from 100% push to 85-90% and bring the car home without any mistakes.
I don't do well by being quick but by other people making mistakes that cost them more time than they gain on their superior pace.

TT record + 0,6s is what I expect to set in a qualifying session.

I am a tryhard gathering data and running multiple practice sessions and races to figure out what to expect though.
Like these very basic notes I made on Hungary before the race.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
Absolutely. I'm nowhere near being able to set times like those though no matter how much time or how many attempts you'd give me.
I set my TT record just before the race at 1:16:9 which is a good 6 tenths off that quali time.
But in TT I also take risks I can't in a qualifying session or a race because the likelihood of me spinning out or going into a wall are extremely high.

Being able to set a lap time like that is very impressive to me.

I guess I'm much more of a consistency driver. I haven't been anywhere near the top in pace of either race so far but I just dial my pace down from 100% push to 85-90% and bring the car home without any mistakes.
I don't do well by being quick but by other people making mistakes that cost them more time than they gain on their superior pace.

TT record + 0,6s is what I expect to set in a qualifying session.

I am a tryhard gathering data and running multiple practice sessions and races to figure out what to expect though.
Like these very basic notes I made on Hungary before the race.
Wow, I wish I had time to practice, let alone produce notes like that!
If you keep up that level of commitment you'll work your way up the splits in no time.

peter

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2019

2nd in F6!

I wouldn't say it's my best track, but it's one of my good ones. I do a lot of time trials for practice so I can post some fast laps. My weakness is consistency, though, and I also tend to make strategical blunders. In this race for example I listened to Jeff and went to the soft tyres. When I realised I'd made a mistake, I decided to drive very conservatively to make it to the end of the race. By the time I crossed the finish line my rear left was at 85% wear. In retrospect I should have done what Van Oosten did and go in the pits for another set of softs.

Reactions: AngelofAwe