PS4 - Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Sunday 13th January 2019 8:00PM (UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Sunday 13th January 2019 8:00PM (UK Time)

Musop

Pro Karter
Jun 23, 2018
Made some practice this morning. Got huge tyre temp problems on the controller. My front left tyre is burning :(. Can't solve that problem. Even changing my setup doesn't really help. Times go completely off on softs after 4 to 5 rounds and I'm just sliding around. Racing will be pretty hard tomorrow .o_O

Anyone else up with the same issue?

FOF1YT

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 28, 2017
Made some practice this morning. Got huge tyre temp problems on the controller. My front left tyre is burning :(. Can't solve that problem. Even changing my setup doesn't really help. Times go completely off on softs after 4 to 5 rounds and I'm just sliding around. Racing will be pretty hard tomorrow .o_O

Anyone else up with the same issue?
No

Musop

Pro Karter
Jun 23, 2018
Q:13
R:10
Another great start for me. Made up some positions. Bottled the first lap and created a distance to the guys in front,
Luckily for me there was a safety car and i could close the gap again. I'm sorry for @Booje89 being out so early.

As the safety car came in I think @Donks ghosted somehow and created a bit of irritation in the back. I used that and got 2 or 3 guys in front of me in the last corner of sector 3. Don't know if I went too much on the throttle with cold tyres or if someone hit me in that corner. I spun out, hit the wal land got thrown to the end with a broken front wing. I boxed on the next lap. Got a 5 sec time penalty for speeding in the pit lane :/

After that I tried my best to close in but the gap was too big and still had to make another pit stop. Also I couldn't solve my tyre issue and had pretty high tyre temps after 5 laps. My lap times were at the bottom and LSD high caught me. Wasn't able to hold that position.

In the next stop I had to serve that 5s penalty and @Seca got me too. Thought he had to do another stop, but he didn't made another one. @Seca how long did you drive on that medium tyres?:eek:

In the end @Carcanon came close to me. In sector 3 he closed in but I decided to give him drs and let him pass on the straight. Hope you felt okay with that :)

Renner9

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2018
Qualified 1
Race 2

So I had no practice this eeek turned up, not expecting anything special and it went really well. After my first run in qualy I could see everyone but me and @Stewart Macdougall we’re thinking about race pace over qualifying and I managed to get my first pole by a few tenths.

My race strat was to go aggressive with a two stop, ultras, meds’, ultas. I had a brilliant start and by the end of lap 1 I was a few seconds clear, until half way round lap 2 and the safety car came out ruining my strat.

I pitted put the meds on with the intention still to put the ultras on for the last 8 laps. I came out the pits in 12th and after the safety car went in I quickly moved up the field into 5th and spent the next 20 laps battling with the red bull and @Philip_66 .

As time went on the tyres felt fine and with everyone putting around me I decided to stay out. Set two green sectors on the last lap of the race.

33 laps on mediums, think this was my best race of the season.

milanozie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 3, 2018
Sorry for not letting know that I wasn't going to attend. I completely forgot about the race because of some stuff going on in life.

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 4th
R: 1st

Had a great start where I overtook @pete day into third. After that I only had the US runners around me. I overtook @Stewart Macdougall into second after he hit the wall on the long straight. After that the SC came out and that put me into 1st. When the SC came in again I had a good restart what helped to get away from the pack. Pitted around lap 17 and came out just in front of @Bashful4 and @Renner9. Pushed on for a few laps, and after that I drove it home.

Reactions: Renner9 and Musop

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Q:12
R:3

Good result in the race for me with P3 despite a horrible qualify session.

I really don't know what happen in this qualify session because i had made some pratice with some of you guys and i think i was in a pace for a top 10 qualify but that wasn't the case. In softs i think that only one driver made a worst time than me.
When i saw that my qualify was bad, i choose to start on mediuns and hope for the best.

After the start i overtake @HoinkDoink on lap 2 just before the safety car. After safety car i was in P9, then on the restart overtake @Philip_66 and with the spuns of @krille2502 and @jlug331221 i get into P6 on lap 4 with the mediuns, so i thought that maybe i could get a good position in the end.

@Donks was in front of me in P5 and @syluntbob in P4 both with softs, i just try to keep up with them.

Lost a few time with @pete day when he had some trouble, got damage and didn't make it easy for me to overtake while he was for the pits, with that i get into P5 2 sec away from @Donks.

Laps 6 i get @Renner9 on my back with fresh mediuns, in lap 13 @syluntbob made a mistake and must had damage so P4, still with @Renner9 on top of me.

I pit on lap 22 for the softs, came out in P5 behind @Donks and just in front of @Philip_66 both with mediuns, at this point i was struggling for fuel.

On lap 25 i was getting closer to @alexP and @Donks when @alexP spun. So P4 and closing in on P3 wich i try to overtake but can't do it, great driving on @Donks keeping the P3, however i saw that he was a 3 sec penalty so i had the last position on the podium. Great race after that qualify.

Congrats on @Carcanon and @Renner9.

Reactions: Carcanon

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
You are allowed to start to start racing as soon as the lead driver takes off which resumes racing, there is normally a point on the track, a line where racing can begin from and overtaking can start.

So much chaos behind that safety car