Apr 3, 2018
Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@KazF1

m44ibrahim

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2018
Qualify on the softest tyre to try and avoid the carnage but are only good for 4 laps or qualify on the softs? Choices

Hope the race goes well. Corner cutting here is tricky and there are a few auto-spin kerbs, too.

HiippariLate

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 3, 2018
Qualify on the softest tyre to try and avoid the carnage but are only good for 4 laps or qualify on the softs? Choices

Hope the race goes well. Corner cutting here is tricky and there are a few auto-spin kerbs, too.
A really nice track to hotlap but really hate it in the race, like how do the tyres get overheated in 3 laps?!?

Hasnain

F1 2nd Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
A really nice track to hotlap but really hate it in the race, like how do the tyres get overheated in 3 laps?!?
Pad problems
You've gotta cruise round in the long right handers

PedroPMF

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race Report:

Qualifying: P5 A really good lap put me third of the softs runners, within 1 tenth. No idea how I got that lap, so even happier.
Race: I made a really good start and jumped both Vik and Jordy. I stayed in P3, waiting for the US runners to fall off. In lap 7 I was leading and then I just could only try to defend, but Jordy and Vik were simply too fast for me. I defended really hard because it is hard to overtake, but in the end, it was clear that I could not fight with them. From then on, I was alone on track and managed to finish there, in P3.
I had not been able to practice that much for this race and given that is clearly an awful track for the pad, I cannot be happier with the result. I am keeping a really good momentum lately!
Congrats to @Jordy Lopez and @xXVik-StarRxX for their result , they were simply on another tier for me tonight

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2016
Hungary Post Race:

Qualifying: My goal was to be the first guy on softs and managed that with P3.

Race: Lap 1, got a decent start and was trying to hold off everyone on softs. Pedro got around me on the outside and put me down to fourth. Once the US runners pitted, the race was on for the soft runners. On lap 7, I made a pass on Pedro for P1. Thought it was gonna be easy but on the final stint of the race, I was pushing hard so that Vik didnt get drs. Tires were falling off on the last three laps but happy to keep it together all the way to the end. Happy to get my fourth win and looking forward to Belgium! Really needed this result after my monitor issue in germany.

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Hungary Post Race:

Qualifying: My goal was to be the first guy on softs and managed that with P3.

Race: Lap 1, got a decent start and was trying to hold off everyone on softs. Pedro got around me on the outside and put me down to fourth. Once the US runners pitted, the race was on for the soft runners. On lap 7, I made a pass on Pedro for P1. Thought it was gonna be easy but on the final stint of the race, I was pushing hard so that Vik didnt get drs. Tires were falling off on the last three laps but happy to keep it together all the way to the end. Happy to get my fourth win and looking forward to Belgium! Really needed this result after my monitor issue in germany.
was a good race man gg

m44ibrahim

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2018
Race review

Quali: P15
Race: P9

Had yet another shocking qualifying session that left me have to do another damage limitation race. I opted to start on the M and sit in behind the pack, going long and for an overcut if the battling was particularly hard. As expected, I dropped to 17th off the line with the M having poor grip on the grid slot. I had an oversteer moment out of turn one, unfortunately colliding with Kane and Professional, which I apologise for.

A few overtakes followed but overall no real progress. I was the first of the M runners. Went as long as L18 or L19 at which I decided to cover the undercut from Professional, who pitted from the M on the previous lap. Came out in the pack, in which I should have been more swift clearing, particularly Eren. Had one real chance that he defended hard. My exit of the last corner just seemed to be a tenth off every one else. The S and the M were level on grip after about 4 laps in which I could not overtake Eren. Eventually I was passed by Undefined after a silly mistake, and Professional into turn 1. Overall the pace was good but my qualifying let me down.

Highlights

Hasnain

F1 2nd Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P10
The lap was ok though wasn't happy with the time, middle sector let me down.

Race - P11
Managed to survive the first lap and for the rest of the stint it was one long train. Unfortunately we all lost a load of time from battling. I came in on lap 16 I think, I wanted to go longer but front left was about to start overheating. Managed to make the overcut on Schumacher but then it was a train behind Slimbo. We were battling for a few laps which allowed oo7 to catch up and I didn't really bother battling too hard as he was on softs. About a lap later, Schumacher had damage and I ended up stuck behind him for most of the lap which cost me a couple of seconds to the pack ahead. On lap 24 the VSC came out and with nothing much to lose I decided to pit for softs and for some reason switched to ultras at the last second. On lap 31 I managed to finally catch Slimbo, I had a decent run on him on the home straight, I assumed he wasn't gonna fight too hard, as I was moving out of the slipstream I didn't expect him to also move out and I ended up turning too much and I ran into he wall, giving me orange damage for the last 4 laps. This probably cost me about 10-12s in the grand scheme of things which probably cost me a couple of points in the end. Some nice battles, but they frustratingly cost a lot of time. No penalties again but like last time, didn't make a difference as I wasn't close to anyone.
Congrats to @Jordy Lopez on the win and well done to @xXVik-StarRxX and @PedroPMF on the podium.

Highlights: