PS4 Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix - 23/7/17 8PM UK Time

Discussion in '[Tier 1] AOR PS4 F1 League - Season 13' started by alexukr, Jul 10, 2017.

1. alexukr

alexukr F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator Premium Member

86%
    Round 12 - Italian Grand Prix
    AOR F1 2016 Season 13

[​IMG]

Race Information:
    Date: Sunday 23rd July 2017
    Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
    Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
    Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
    Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
    Results & Standings
    League Rules
    League Information
    Race Calendar

[​IMG]

Questions to drivers

1) We are arrving now at the "Temple of Speed", but knowing the game mechanics it will be most likely the "Temple of Slipstream". With such a close grid, do you see the possiblity of the whole field being stuck together in one big slipstream train and does this make qualifying obsolete then?

2) With the last two races being held in some sort of wet weather conditions, do you expect a 3rd wet race in a row?

3) Predict the difference in Quali between P1 and P10

to @alexukr : at last we finally saw a glimpse of that, what made you a title contender last season, with the boost of you first victory, how do you fancy your chances for the rest of the season?

to @wooly51 and @Shellay : In Belgium you got your big goal of a manor double points finish out of the way and with shellay getting a first row start and wooly kocking on the door of the podium, do you think we can see a manor double podium before the end of the season?

@Ali Kidd : Last race we saw a rare mistake from yourself that potentially cost you a podium spot, however you have still the the title in your hands if you win the last 4 races, but with only having one win so far, how do you plan to get a winning streak going?

to @michaelangelo53 You made a rocket start into AOR F1 with a Pole and Germany and your first Podium in Belgium, do you think that you can win a race before the end of the season and what would that mean to you?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. alexukr

86%
    1) We are arrving now at the "Temple of Speed", but knowing the game mechanics it will be most likely the "Temple of Slipstream". With such a close grid, do you see the possiblity of the whole field being stuck together in one big slipstream train and does this make qualifying obsolete then?

Maybe, it really depends on how clean the first few corners will be, because any incident there can open up a gap that is not very likely to be close, to starting at the front has definetly it's perks in terms of track position

2) With the last two races being held in some sort of wet weather conditions, do you expect a 3rd wet race in a row?

Despite me being the new wet weather god now, i think i would still prefer a dry race lol, considering @Aressi191 was nearly a second per lap quicker in wet conditions at the last race

0,4 sec

to @alexukr : at last we finally saw a glimpse of that, what made you a title contender last season, with the boost of you first victory, how do you fancy your chances for the rest of the season?

Obv. that is a massive confidence boost to finally win my first race in AOR with the german flag, so that jinx is broken finally :) . In terms of the upcoming races i think Brazil and Italy should be good for me and especially italy is a track i am very strong at. Last season's win is something that is still in my mind and i really hope that i can score at least a podium here

3. BigC_019

BigC_019 Formula 4 2nd Driver

20%

I doubt it.

I hope not.

+0.453s

4. michaelangelo53

michaelangelo53 Pro Karter

8%
    That could be the case but there could be a small crash in the midfield spliting the train into many pieces. It depends on how everyone setups their car really.

I mean Monza is not known for its weather changes so i expect it to remain dry. Nevertheless i wouldn't mind a bit of rain as i seem to gain a bit more time on the other drivers in slippery conditions.

I think we may see some drivers purposely trying to qualify outside the top 10 again so i will say 0.989 seconds.

4) You made a rocket start into AOR F1 with a Pole in Germany and your first Podium in Belgium, do you think that you can win a race before the end of the season and what would that mean to you?
    Yes very happy i managed to get a pole and podium so early on but i didnt realise there were only 4 races to go until today in the morning and for me to get a win would be a very big achievement especially after having only 6 races to make that happen. But at the moment im just trying to enjoy myself because i wont be racing here next season so trying to get good results and having some fun at the same time is what i came to do.

5. Bcolt93

Bcolt93 World's Unluckiest Driver Staff Member F1 Coordinator

46%
    Qualifying is always important because someone could decide to battle way too hard early and break up the train, or someone could just not have the pace even with the slipstream. I think it will be similar to last season, where we have 3 or 4 different groups
    It better be dry
    8 tenths

6. Aressi191

Aressi191 Formula Karter Premium Member

65%

I think there will be gaps

No think it's dry this time

6 tenths

7. Gamer_DA_best262

Gamer_DA_best262 Formula Karter

25%

Of Cousteau quali is important but not as much a certain tracks event though it may be a struggle when everyone else has slipstream. Nice slipstream glitch btw

2) With the last two races being held in some sort of wet weather conditions, do you expect a 3rd wet race in a row? Potentially, I’d rather not though

1.2 seconds

8. Shellay

Shellay Pro Karter

88%
    1) We are arrving now at the "Temple ofSpeed", but knowing the game mechanics it will be most likely the "Temple of Slipstream". With such a close grid, do you see the possiblity of the whole field being stuck together in one big slipstream train and does this make qualifying obsolete then?
    Gaps will always happen as I'm sure there will be incidents at what is a cancerous track for close racing with this contact model.

I think it is likely we will have rain at all the remaining races.

0.623s

In Belgium you got your big goal of a manor double points finish out of the way and with shellay getting a first row start and wooly kocking on the door of the podium, do you think we can see a manor double podium before the end of the season?
    Pahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahah

No.

9. RBOS_00

RBOS_00 DiRT Coordinator Staff Member DiRT Coordinator

71%
    Absolutely not. If I start last I'll drop behind on lap 1. If I don't start last I'll be mugged off by a few people and be dropped off later in the race.

I'll finish last anyway so I couldn't care less

0.001s
    and then another 6.969s to Alex doing the tactical bottlejob
    and another 6.969s to my best lap on super softs

10. jamie-995

jamie-995 Formula 4 2nd Driver

30%

No.

Please let there be more rain.

4.514 seconds

11. wooly51

wooly51 Formula 4 Test Driver

40%
    1) We are arriving now at the "Temple of Speed", but knowing the game mechanics it will be most likely the "Temple of Slipstream". With such a close grid, do you see the possiblity of the whole field being stuck together in one big slipstream train and does this make qualifying obsolete then?

It's gonna be a fucking train-wreck. Honestly, this over Singapore. What are you morons thinking!? If we lose the slipstream it's going to be a simply awful race.

It has the chance to be full wet here, I would take either Full Wet, or Dry.

2 tenths.

to @wooly51 and @Shellay : In Belgium you got your big goal of a manor double points finish out of the way and with shellay getting a first row start and wooly knocking on the door of the podium, do you think we can see a manor double podium before the end of the season?

I think a double podium could be a stretch but I think we should be consistently aiming for finishes inside the top 6 from here on out as we have the speed. We could luck into a double podium with some weather and maybe some good teamwork. I'd like to get to 80 points at the end of the season.

12. Ali Kidd

Ali Kidd Formula 4 2nd Driver

20%
    No
    No

0.9s
    Last race we saw a rare mistake from yourself that potentially cost you a podium spot, however you have still the the title in your hands if you win the last 4 races, but with only having one win so far, how do you plan to get a winning streak going?

I wasn't happy at all after Spa. It was a decent recovery drive, but it was such a stupid mistake in the first place. The remaining four tracks, aside from Brazil, are pretty good for me. Aressi has shown on multiple occasions that he is more than capable of mistakes, so with a bit of luck and maybe some divine intervention, it should be possible. Just.

13. RC Wallen

RC Wallen Junior Karter

30%
    Like I told @alexukr, I won't race in Italy and Japan as it's holiday time !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. alexukr

86%
    scenes if someone forgets that there is break week this time around lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. FerrariFan92

FerrariFan92 Pro Karter

8%

No.

Hopefully not. But I need to sort out my connection before thinking about that.

5 tenths

16. alexukr

86%
    FYI if you are missing the braking point for T1 and T4 we expect you to use the escape road in the correct manner and drive around the hurdles to get a potential warning or penalty removed

EDIT: @Shellay pls kys

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Faff Faff x 1
  17. Shellay

Shellay Pro Karter

88%
    You know no one gives a toss about F1 2016 anymore when the cods are telling people to kill themselves :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. alexukr

86%
    Deal With It:cigar::cigar:

19. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen Reigning AOR PS4 GP2 Champion Staff Member F1 Coordinator AC Coordinator Premium Member

86%

Cancer

Aids

0.BigFatOrangeKerbs seconds

20. Shellay

Shellay Pro Karter

88%
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1