Jan 14, 2014
Round 12 - Japanese Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 24th July 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absence:

@allflattious
- holibobs kerfuffle
@Lamoracke79 - early start for work
@Neil Bywater - holibobs
@Jens Maul - holibobs

Qualifying Ban:

@Andrei Ivan - for reaching 25 penalty points.

Last edited:

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Hi guys, cant make this either :/ Flight got moved so not leaving Spain till 5pm, which means not getting back home until around 8pm, and I'd just delay the start as I wouldnt be ready to race until at least half past.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
Hey fellas - just got back from my hols and trying to put a bit of practice in but having a problem. Anyone have a fanatec f1 rim? In TT it's performing perfectly but in quick race I'm getting severe vibration on the hairpin (when wheel tilted more than 90 degrees) - pretty much crash every lap. Been through all settings and tried a few other tracks and its fine - just hairpin at susuka. If anyone can help would be much appreciated but fear I'll have to bale if it happens in the race tonight as almost certainly will take one of you out. Thanks

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey fellas - just got back from my hols and trying to put a bit of practice in but having a problem. Anyone have a fanatec f1 rim? In TT it's performing perfectly but in quick race I'm getting severe vibration on the hairpin (when wheel tilted more than 90 degrees) - pretty much crash every lap. Been through all settings and tried a few other tracks and its fine - just hairpin at susuka. If anyone can help would be much appreciated but fear I'll have to bale if it happens in the race tonight as almost certainly will take one of you out. Thanks
Try Googling it mate but I think it's environmental effects setting that can have the most effect?

I have mine at 30 on G27 if it's any bearing.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
here it is @Punisher
Thanks for giving it back. I know you did not see my and you gave the position back as soon as you realised what had happened.

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
P2 at Qualyfing was pretty impressive. Luckily for me i did a good round until it started raining more and more.

At the Race i was quite impressive that i lead almost the whole race after io was able to pass @CameronB .

Had pretty nice fights with him and @Neba who came out of nowhere in the last third of the race. In the first corner we both hitted each other where i let you through to pass me again.
I thought i am able to ride to victory after everyone pitted for their thrid Stop.
In Round 26 right after the finish line i had a puncture and at the end had to pit in the last round ended up at P6.

Pretty disappointing ending up at P6 leading almost the whole race. Will learn from this heating puncture mistake :)
At the end im still happy about competing for the podium and having very nice fights for the win in front.

Neba

Pro Karter
Mar 19, 2016
My steering wheel has been disconnected at the start so I have to unplug and plug my steering wheel , I've lost more than 10 seconds.. And at the 1st pitstop it is still disconnected.. So Acerees pass me in the pit.
Nice fights to recover the 3rd place and fight for the victory.

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
@Andrei Ivan I feel that your driving on the first lap was reckless. Yes you ran wide at turn 12 and were on the dustier part of the track but when you know someone is on your inside on exit it's your responsibility to take extra care. I don't want to come across as abusive as I feel I've moved on from that but the fact you ruined my race is not ok. To clarify this will be going to the stewards, and if I can make a professional suggestion it'd be to brush up on your wheel to wheel skills as you're not a bad driver pace wise, but you're one of only two people who've received enough points for a qualifying ban in this split.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Not the best of races from me tonight, messed up my first qualifying lap and I was lucky to have got a decent lap in before it got to wet, got a good start and made it up to P3, passed Cameron a lap later, then got close to Partyfuchs and then spun and lost my front wing, felt good on pace and I think that I could have battled for the win had I not lost my front wing, still happy to battle back to P4 and am still looking good in the championship. My POV is below:

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
My POV of the incident.
I didn't think I had hit you but I thought I would let you through as you and me have raced close together a lot with good battles for a few seasons and I know you wouldn't have complained for nothing just another error by the game. I enjoyed our battle the lap after though which would not have happened if I didn't let you through!

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
@Andrei Ivan I feel that your driving on the first lap was reckless. Yes you ran wide at turn 12 and were on the dustier part of the track but when you know someone is on your inside on exit it's your responsibility to take extra care. I don't want to come across as abusive as I feel I've moved on from that but the fact you ruined my race is not ok. To clarify this will be going to the stewards, and if I can make a professional suggestion it'd be to brush up on your wheel to wheel skills as you're not a bad driver pace wise, but you're one of only two people who've received enough points for a qualifying ban in this split.
I think he has a race ban for the next race for the incident in singapore with me.

Reactions: SexySpudflaps

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
Sorry about retiring last night lads, was having difficulty with my wheel - did a driver update and didn't map all the buttons correctly afterwards, could not for the life of me get the fuel to lean mode 1 - figured out 2 but only after I had run at 3 for too long. Consequently ran out of fuel 4 laps from end. Apologies for collision @Jay mate, should have gone to other side of track to stay out of your way - some good battling up to that point though eh?

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry about retiring last night lads, was having difficulty with my wheel - did a driver update and didn't map all the buttons correctly afterwards, could not for the life of me get the fuel to lean mode 1 - figured out 2 but only after I had run at 3 for too long. Consequently ran out of fuel 4 laps from end. Apologies for collision @Jay mate, should have gone to other side of track to stay out of your way - some good battling up to that point though eh?
Yes mate, with you and @Maj_ITGuy I had the best race I've had on this game. No worries about the collision, but you should have gone left! ;) Just kidding, one of those things.

Bit gutted to get lapped, after the collision I had to do a lap without a wing as I was unable to steer into the pits. The tables show I've only not been lapped at Belgium. On the positive side, this is the first season I've attempted a game without having used the pad at all, so I'm looking forward to the new game and handling improvements plus the change in the model that doesn't require as much throttle so I'm looking to have something that more suits my driving style.

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Yes mate, with you and @Maj_ITGuy I had the best race I've had on this game. No worries about the collision, but you should have gone left! ;) Just kidding, one of those things.

Bit gutted to get lapped, after the collision I had to do a lap without a wing as I was unable to steer into the pits. The tables show I've only not been lapped at Belgium. On the positive side, this is the first season I've attempted a game without having used the pad at all, so I'm looking forward to the new game and handling improvements plus the change in the model that doesn't require as much throttle so I'm looking to have something that more suits my driving style.
I'm not looking forward to the new game :p In testing I could barely drive a clean lap after about 50 attempts :p

schumizeu

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 10, 2016
Guys I was in an area without phone signal since Tuesday and I didn't had the opportunity to write a message on the forum to announce that I can not participate to Japan race. I should post the message before leaving but I didn't think that there would be no GSM signal. I was literally in the mountains :)).

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.