XB1 - Round 12 - Malaysian Grand Prix - [15/07/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 12 - Malaysian Grand Prix - [15/07/18 8.00pm]

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
Probably one of the first races I’ve had to take part in.

Started off with a swollen hand, which made it hard to grip my wheel properly, the sound cut out at the start of the race so I had none of my engine noises. My Xbox just gave up giving up picture to my tv as the screen went black 4 times on lap 4-8 causing crashes and losing a lot of time. So I retired to not be a risk and was pretty angry at this point anyway, and then Xbox live disconnected at some point while spectating. I wasn’t at my Xbox so I don’t know when it disconnected. Don’t think it could have gone much worse!!!!

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
@xXMARKELiNXx can you learn how to overtake and defend cleanly, spun me in a stupid move then when I was trying to overtake you, you just take me out

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Wasn’t expecting much from this race, but guess fortune favours the brave !

Qualifying

Qualified 3rd, which was totally unexpected, so really happy with that.

Race

Had a great start and passed @Cinnamon Rage as he had a bad start and closed in on @Evilkatmobile going into the first corner. Pace was good for the next few laps but knew @Cinnamon Rage right up behind was faster. Held out as long as I could, then had a coming together on lap 5 or 6, at turn 1 and I spun out, putting me back to 3rd.
For some reason round about lap 22, @Evilkatmobile retired and pushed me to 2nd place where I finished.

Really happy with the result and think 2nd was more than I thought I would achieve around here, and was probably the best result I could’ve got today, as @Cinnamon Rage was to quick for me.

Congrats mate, you deserved it, and well done to @Atul987 for 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeske86

Jaakko pikkarainen

Pro Karter
Nov 28, 2017
Yeah first points by driving and very happy with the race.. i was try to safe my tyers and manage to do one stop strategy and only when going in mediums they felt very slippery a few first round and allmost spin couple times but then found my pace again and feeling good.. have couple short battles too but end of the race had a cap both ways so just driving by myself. Something happens to proulx in last lap so end up p9. and yeah first race that I was not been lapped so very pleased with the race.

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Yeah first points by driving and very happy with the race.. i was try to safe my tyers and manage to do one stop strategy and only when going in mediums they felt very slippery a few first round and allmost spin couple times but then found my pace again and feeling good.. have couple short battles too but end of the race had a cap both ways so just driving by myself. Something happens to proulx in last lap so end up p9. and yeah first race that I was not been lapped so very pleased with the race.
well done mate you called the strategy right.... nice one

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hey @Cinnamon Rage, edited the race, would love to see your point of view. As you can see I couldnt see your front end next to me, which is why I was taking the corners, but no problem mate, think 2nd was the best I could get, as you were far quicker than me today?

Last edited:

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Quali was awful only managed to get one lap in which got me P8, span out on all the other laps and even fucking outlaps

stayed in 8th after the start got sandwiched between @K04 and @xXMARKELiNXx thank got there was no front wing damage. Span in the middle sector and had a pretty boring race up until @Proulx2001 caught me up and we had a very good aggressive battle.

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Quali was awful only managed to get one lap in which got me P8, span out on all the other laps and even fucking outlaps

stayed in 8th after the start got sandwiched between @K04 and @xXMARKELiNXx thank got there was no front wing damage. Span in the middle sector and had a pretty boring race up until @Proulx2001 caught me up and we had a very good aggressive battle.

I was -1.02 heading onto last lap, hence why pace on 27/28 was so slow haha good fighting though

Reactions: Germo

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Hey @Cinnamon Rage, edited the race, would love to see your point of view. As you can see I couldnt see your front end next to me, which is why I was taking the corners, but no problem mate, think 2nd was the best I could get, as you were far quicker than me today?

I’ll get it this morning. I’m off work today so will get it to you before editing the rest of the race video.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Hi @EditedFaun3698,

Here is the footage as promised. I'd felt I'd got significantly alongside and but when you came in tight on the apex I tried to back out (having to run up on the kerb) but there was just not enough room and you were slower on the Apex exit than I was expecting. Really unfortunate incident ? Hope you can see I wasn't trying to be reckless in the move.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgZ-XQHo2qq6g_UlvNVM7A_jf5RDxA

PS. Tried uploading the video but apparently MP4 isn't an allowed extension, no idea why - it's the defacto standard file type for videos! Attached a dropbox link instead.

Reactions: EditedFaun3698

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
@mightydylan3224 - I'm not sure what happened last night, I sent out 5 invites between 7:45 and 8:00, I started the lobby, bang on 8:00PM as you had not joined, I'm not sure what happened but I definitely invited you, and it wouldn't let you join off other people, maybe there was an issue with your connection??

xXMARKELiNXx

S18 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Dec 1, 2016
Wasn’t expecting much from this race, but guess fortune favours the brave !

Qualifying

Qualified 3rd, which was totally unexpected, so really happy with that.

Race

Had a great start and passed @Cinnamon Rage as he had a bad start and closed in on @Evilkatmobile going into the first corner. Pace was good for the next few laps but knew @Cinnamon Rage right up behind was faster. Held out as long as I could, then had a coming together on lap 5 or 6, at turn 1 and I spun out, putting me back to 3rd.
For some reason round about lap 22, @Evilkatmobile retired and pushed me to 2nd place where I finished.

Really happy with the result and think 2nd was more than I thought I would achieve around here, and was probably the best result I could’ve got today, as @Cinnamon Rage was to quick for me.

Congrats mate, you deserved it, and well done to @Atul987 for 3rd.
Atul hit me damaged my front wing to take third....

mightydylan3224

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 8, 2018
@mightydylan3224 - I'm not sure what happened last night, I sent out 5 invites between 7:45 and 8:00, I started the lobby, bang on 8:00PM as you had not joined, I'm not sure what happened but I definitely invited you, and it wouldn't let you join off other people, maybe there was an issue with your connection??
anyway i am missing the next 2 races because im on holiday

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Fairly chuffed with P3.
Was my birthday Sunday so didnt have much time to practice.

Into the first corner, I was way too ambitious, and lost a bit of my wing, thankfully didnt cause any harm to any other driver. Then on lap 3, I fully binned it and lost my entire wing so had to pit. Went on to the mediums, and from there was picking up some good positions thanks to the undercut. Then went to the SS for my final stint. Was in P5, then @xXMARKELiNXx and @K04 had an incident which put me into P4. Caught up to Markelin in P3, and pulled off a nice overtaking move round the outside without any contact (i thought).
However, seeing Markelins video we touched. The contact was made on the left of Markelins car which caused him right wing damage... Not sure if thats possible.

Managed to just build a 3 second gap to my team mate behind to ensure I was on the podium!