XB1 - Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/01/19 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/01/19 8:00pm UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Also i ainf putting myself on a high horse theres actually quite a few of us that feel the standards of racing from the AL2 lot have been quite poor I'm just the first who has the guts to say it cos I'm a guy who ain't afraid to speak his mind

Mick Tartan

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Sep 1, 2018
Also i ainf putting myself on a high horse theres actually quite a few of us that feel the standards of racing from the AL2 lot have been quite poor I'm just the first who has the guts to say it cos I'm a guy who ain't afraid to speak his mind
Welcome to the club , now pipe down !

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Respectfully, your sleep schedule isn't a factor in my thought process. As far as I'm concerned, it's on you to be ready for the AOR race, including being well-enough rested or in the right frame of mind to go racing. I hope you enjoyed the 24-hour race (I heard you said you triple-stinted overnight) but it doesn't change my opinion on leaving the race early.

Ultimately, you could still leave the game running even if you walk away from it. You've taken on the responsibility as host lobby and, to me, that includes staying in the lobby even if you've retired.
Now leaving the game running wasnt something i thought of in the heat of the moment but next time i will makd sure I do that. Again I can only apologise for the game causing the VSC

ClassicDelta

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
@AOR Andrew

I have no problem with you hosting, not had connection issues, but when you quit the game and cause incidents to occur i do have a problem.
I was also talking about an incident in Germany when you were doing donuts in sector 1, causing yellow flags, at the exact same time Giles crashed and out came the safety car. I couldn't be certain what caused that so I didn't bring it up but it bothered me as the safety car completely ruined my race.

I can appreciate that you're tired too mate but you got to try and keep your cool. I know that there's a lot of old AL2 vs OG AL1 heat at the moment and I think we all need to just calm down and start being more respectful to each other, we're all trying to do our best and nobody is intentionally trying to ruin someone else's race.

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
Next time just smash up ur headset that will guarantee u don't don't say anything anyone will have to listen to . I'm guessing u won't be hosting again and I'm not in ur chat anyway so I'm sure there won't be a problem in the future . Best of luck with the rest of the season ..
I will still be hosting but now that I've thought of other alternatives to just switching off we won't have that issue again

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
@AOR Andrew

I have no problem with you hosting, not had connection issues, but when you quit the game and cause incidents to occur i do have a problem.
I was also talking about an incident in Germany when you were doing donuts in sector 1, causing yellow flags, at the exact same time Giles crashed and out came the safety car. I couldn't be certain what caused that so I didn't bring it up but it bothered me as the safety car completely ruined my race.

I can appreciate that you're tired too mate but you got to try and keep your cool. I know that there's a lot of old AL2 vs OG AL1 heat at the moment and I think we all need to just calm down and start being more respectful to each other, we're all trying to do our best and nobody is intentionally trying to ruin someone else's race.
The donuts weren't intentional mate I lost the car coming out the final corner tried to spin round to face the right way but over did it meaning I had to spin it round again

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
I've watched your streams, I'm well aware of the opinions some of you hold of us. None of you seem too afraid to speak your minds on there. I don't particularly care, I'll keep running my race. I'm well aware that I'm one of the slowest in this new league and my P5 yesterday was only due to absolutely everyone behind me either having incidents or, in the case of Sims, being forced to run the default setup.

ClassicDelta

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
I think we all just need to stop this "AL2 vs AL1" stuff we didn't want to be put into AL1 as we knew we weren't as quick as the top guys in here but we have had to accept it. I resent the decision to move us up as much as you guys resent us being moved up. Let's just find a middle ground and respect that we're all here for the same reason; good clean racing and most importantly, fun.

Reactions: maxen

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
I think we all just need to stop this "AL2 vs AL1" stuff we didn't want to be put into AL1 as we knew we weren't as quick as the top guys in here but we have had to accept it. I resent the decision to move us up as much as you guys resent us being moved up. Let's just find a middle ground and respect that we're all here for the same reason; good clean racing and most importantly, fun.
This. There was a reason we were sorted separately at the start of the season. There's a huge pace delta between the quickest and slowest now (just as there is in the new AL2), but every Sunday we still have to share the same track, so we might as well try to respect each other out there.

AMS Andrew

GP2 Reserve Driver
Sep 17, 2017
I can only apologise for my temper though cos I was expecting a good result cos I got my first AOR podium here last season. And I just get really pissed off when I get a good result taken away through no fault of my own

Sims

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 28, 2018
I just want to say I've personally had zero problems with AL2 drivers and I've actually had fun in this league since you lot joined, it was dire before. I feel like the AL2 drivers are mainly being used as a scapegoat for poor driving and decision making from AL1 drivers, and the league has improved since they joined, my opinion of course.

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks, @Sims. I think it's been a huge adjustment for everyone. Hopefully we can have a clean and controversy-free Monza (have I jinxed it?) and then things will settle down as we go towards end the season.

Though incident-free races for everyone else will be incredibly detrimental to my chances of ever scoring points again.

GILES95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 25, 2014
I just want to say I've personally had zero problems with AL2 drivers and I've actually had fun in this league since you lot joined, it was dire before. I feel like the AL2 drivers are mainly being used as a scapegoat for poor driving and decision making from AL1 drivers, and the league has improved since they joined, my opinion of course.
Hank you for your kind words mate, it’s appreciated. Not enjoying the flak that is ex AL2 drivers get. We don’t deserve it.

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
I am locking this thread, i am sick and tired of everybody complaining. I am not joining one side or another.

I know some people aren't happy with the merge still but quite frankly when ex coordinators screw the leagues over as much as they did there was no option, obviously the people who were getting podiums due to reduced lobby sizes arent happy because they don't get them easy podiums now. AOR has never been about easy racing, its about pushing each other to the next step in racing.

The rubbish about AL2 drivers being the cause for all the crashes can just be put in the bin, just because some people don't know how to hold their temper doesnt mean you go blaming a group of people.

In terms of the host leaving due to a crash, i have been in a situation 100x times worse when i was host back when i was racing. I got taken out of the net lead by a lapped car around Brazil, this would have quite easily have been my first ever league race win. I got more [email protected]#d than you can imagine. The difference being i knew the job i had, the responsibility that i had. Not everything is about yourself here, we are a community and we stick together and im sorry but bringing up mental health issues to try and guilt trip people is just not needed at all. You don't see me pulling out the depression card when something goes wrong. I currently am going through stuff way bigger than AOR but yet here i am dealing with people who are acting like 5 year olds.

Everybody needs to take a step back and think about how they conduct themselves on AOR.

If i find out that people are still continuing this argument elsewhere i will be handing out reprimands. This will be the final word said about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.