Jan 14, 2014
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Mali Baćo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Belgian haiku

Fast up the Eau Rouge
Racing down the Kemmel straight
And to the Bus Stop

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
this game just doesnt want me to have one single victory here... everything went well... got pole, nice start and could make little gap to @DwergC and @xDerpOG but then "jeff" decided to put softs on instead of mediums, which just ruined my race... lap 21 was my tyre wear 85% so i pitted for inters as it was raining… got p3 at the end.. such a shame because i really think this was in the bag for me

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Stacking @Frihman was unfortunate, but those are the breaks and I was driving the Vettel car.

Good battles with @Mali Baćo and @Frihman

@Beyond, I was on a fast qual lap at the end as you were dawdling through Eau Rouge and so I rammed you hoping you might realise late I was hot and swerve. You didn’t. I wouldn’t have done that if lives were at risk

Reactions: Frihman

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
Well what initially appeared to be a pretty uneventful race, completely unfolded in the last couple laps. After the first pitstop I found myself caught in a bit of traffic which. I was struggling to pass the 2 cars but luckily one of them crashed out, and a couple laps later the other pitted. Once that was cleared, I had some clear air so I put my foot down to try and make up a 3.5s gap. I wasn't making much progress despite setting the fastest lap about halfway through the race. I was a bit inconsistent. Meanwhile @Sweatu was making inroads lap by lap. He eventually got within DRS attempted to make a pass on the straight. I went defensive and we both braked at about the 100m board and I don't think either of us realized the rain was starting so I went deep. tbh I'm not really sure what happened to Sweatu. He was back behind me at the exit of the chicane but my higher downforce meant I had the better car in the rain and I was able to pull a bit of a gap.

That's when chaos ensued. The 2 cars in front of me both spun; one at the last right turn of S2 and the other at the bus stop chicane. I just tried to keep it in a straight line for the last lap and I barely managed to do so. I got really lucky today. It wasn't really my race to win but I'll take what I can get :p

Thanks to all who congratulated me, I really appreciate it.

I did record the race and might make a highlights video if I have enough highlights lol. I was on my own for a lot of the race so we'll see.

See you all (or most of you :p) next week.

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
My race wasn’t too special other than me forgetting to tell Jeff to put on inters when going in to the pits... But, P9 is decent considering what happened at the end, but enough about my race...

... because the most enjoyable part of the race was having a front row seat to @Mali Baćo and @Neil Bywater ‘s seemingly endless battle. **** was so entertaining I almost brought out the popcorn! If the highlights are as good as I remember I might make a compilation :D Thanks for the show lads!

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
What happened in T1 @Levingston ? Seems like you punted me off
Yeah I was actually trying to have a look on the inside but I was too far to attack so I was going back to my racing line before braking. Being on lap 2, I didn't think the braking point was going to be this early from the cars in front so I locked up with the cold tires. Wasn't trying to punt you or ruin your race. I am so sorry for that.

Reactions: Pandacruiser

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Guys, am so sorry i couldn't take part in the Spa race but, as i explained on the Steam group chat, i had horrible frame rating issues during qualy. Couldn't even do a proper lap. It would have been useless and even dangerous for y'all for me to enter the race that way.
Reason: i was running on a different PC setup: a i5 2400 Sandy Bridge, 8Gb RAM and an RX480. On this setup i practiced all week long, even did practice races...with AI! When i went on our multiplayer race, the network traffic spiked my CPU to 100% usage and was keeping it there...always at around 25-35 fps....horrible. I had no idea that the network traffic from a multiplayer race could cause an i5, albeit a quite older one, to tank like that.
From next week on i'll be back on my older, sturdier, PC setup, so no worries anymore.

Congrats to @xDerpOG , @DwergC and @BlackPanthor for the results :)

Reactions: BlackPanthor

Mali Baćo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2018
That was an amazing battle @Neil Bywater, specially the one through sector 2 of lap 18! Sadly we both lost out in the lap afterwards. And my goodness, you have made up 9 seconds through sector 2 on final lap while I was on slicks! Good battle! :D

Waiting for @Frihman to upload his highlights. I'll probably do mine tonight.

Reactions: Neil Bywater