Dec 25, 2017
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Erzkbl9
@TheLlamaLlama

Last edited:

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Can I join
I'm sorry, we're not accepting guest-drivers or anything alike. If you wish to participate, you'll have to go through the sign-up process. Or if you only wish to join for one race. You can look at our social races.

TheLlamaLlama

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Seems like Sauber will lose both of its main drivers for todays race.
I have an important test tomorrow and im behind schedule when it comes to learning so I‘ll have to skip this weeks face, sorry
Probably will also skip todays sleep so yeah

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
My thoughts after today's "race" (my race consisted of 0.75 laps): if people still think after 12 races that going into corners 3 and 4-wide is a good idea, we don't really have any hopes of improving the quality of racing in this split. I spectated the whole race and watched battles, and the moves some people do are just atrocious, no offense.

Flash-224

S16 AOR PC F7 Champion
Aug 17, 2018
That was quite a nice race again with some good battles this time.
Started on the mediums from P16 due to the qualy ban to have the better tyres in the end. Normal start, avoided death and was soon catching the people in front, but got wing damage on lap 5 from someone, because he braked in Raidillon. Pitted for softs on lap 9 to be able to finish the race and got up to P4 after that. Losing the front wing cost me around 15 seconds which eliminated my chances of winning, but whatever. I think @DaveGaming and @Borderline deserved some good results after their bad luck the last races. gz to you ^^

Last edited:

Borderline

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
This was a very satisfactory race for me. Having some bad luck lately on the results, I was very relieved that I was fighting up front this time. Allthough some of it was a bit lucky as some of the frontrunners span out.

Qualy began quite good, as my first run got me onto a provisional P2. Then the second run was a bit messy and hardly gained me anything. My last run was clean(ish), gained me about .35s, but then I lost some traction on the exit of the bus-stop and only took 2 tenths off my laptime. This gave me P5, being ahead of 2 drivers ever so slightly. If I were to be 0.032s slower, I was P7.

The race started messy. I lost 1 position in turn 1, but that's how it usually goes with me. But at the 2nd sector, things went a bit south for me. I had to lift and wait quite a lot to avoid hitting the guys in front of me and I couldn't really get past them. Then the guys behind me obviously came close. Went side-by-side momentarily in Pouhon, which made me touch the inside curb slightly, which then caused my rear end to slide. Had to do a full opposite lock to keep control on the car, which I managed to save. Then lost a few more positions because of that. Then in the third sector... I don't know what exactly happened, but @Brazo_11 went past me on the last corner of the 2nd sector, then suddenly lifted heavily at Blanchimont. I overtook him, but at the same time @Dobby blasted past me. This almost felt like I lost control, but I didn't.

So I was at P8 after the first lap. Then started to work my way back to the front a bit. Some drivers collided or spun, which obviously made me gain some positions. And after my pitstop I was able to overtake @Kvintin (which had quite some lag btw). Then I saw @DaveGaming being in front of me on Softs, while I was on the mediums. So I thought "that guy isn't going till the end with those...". And then I saw my position: P2. I was like "ohw ****, I might even win this".

But somehow @DaveGaming managed to stretch those softs very well and he managed to pull off a 1-stopper from SS to S. I don't know how, but he did it. And kudo's for that, as I certainly wouldn't try it.

So I finished P2, then watched the others finish. I was ready to press the "next"-button on my wheel, but just before the last driver finished my game crashed and shortly after, I got a blue screen on my PC. I must be one very lucky guy only getting that crash and BSOD after I finished.

Thanks for @Kiinako for taking enough screenshots to get all the results in. See you all next time in Italy!

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
This was a very satisfactory race for me. Having some bad luck lately on the results, I was very relieved that I was fighting up front this time. Allthough some of it was a bit lucky as some of the frontrunners span out.

Qualy began quite good, as my first run got me onto a provisional P2. Then the second run was a bit messy and hardly gained me anything. My last run was clean(ish), gained me about .35s, but then I lost some traction on the exit of the bus-stop and only took 2 tenths off my laptime. This gave me P5, being ahead of 2 drivers ever so slightly. If I were to be 0.032s slower, I was P7.

The race started messy. I lost 1 position in turn 1, but that's how it usually goes with me. But at the 2nd sector, things went a bit south for me. I had to lift and wait quite a lot to avoid hitting the guys in front of me and I couldn't really get past them. Then the guys behind me obviously came close. Went side-by-side momentarily in Pouhon, which made me touch the inside curb slightly, which then caused my rear end to slide. Had to do a full opposite lock to keep control on the car, which I managed to save. Then lost a few more positions because of that. Then in the third sector... I don't know what exactly happened, but @Brazo_11 went past me on the last corner of the 2nd sector, then suddenly lifted heavily at Blanchimont. I overtook him, but at the same time @Dobby blasted past me. This almost felt like I lost control, but I didn't.

So I was at P8 after the first lap. Then started to work my way back to the front a bit. Some drivers collided or spun, which obviously made me gain some positions. And after my pitstop I was able to overtake @Kvintin (which had quite some lag btw). Then I saw @DaveGaming being in front of me on Softs, while I was on the mediums. So I thought "that guy isn't going till the end with those...". And then I saw my position: P2. I was like "ohw ****, I might even win this".

But somehow @DaveGaming managed to stretch those softs very well and he managed to pull off a 1-stopper from SS to S. I don't know how, but he did it. And kudo's for that, as I certainly wouldn't try it.

So I finished P2, then watched the others finish. I was ready to press the "next"-button on my wheel, but just before the last driver finished my game crashed and shortly after, I got a blue screen on my PC. I must be one very lucky guy only getting that crash and BSOD after I finished.

Thanks for @Kiinako for taking enough screenshots to get all the results in. See you all next time in Italy!
I was so scared to do that move, but saw the gap and had to do it haha! Very well driven, we had a good battle aswell. I saw you leaving thee game so I took some screenshots aswell just to be sure. Till next week!

Borderline

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
The timer was started very early this race. When I pressed start shortly after the timer was started, I saw both @Michaelx99 and @Rali 16 being ready. I don’t have evidence of who started it, but I will keep it in mind if it happens next time... Consider this as a warning to both drivers...

SkyKartoffel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2018
Does anybody have some screenshots or videos from the list of warnings / Penalties at the end?

DaveGaming

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
As Kimi I want to say... Fking finally :D I don't know what happened yesterday but everything came together. Seemed like a very chaotic race and I got through all of this stuff. Feel verry sorry for Gabri. Would've enjoyed a fight in front. But having a little less stressful race was also enjoyable, I won't lie about that ^^. After the collision from Michael und Gabri my race existed pretty much of saving battery and tyres to be capable of pushing, in case Borderline gets dangerously close.

@Borderline Thank you for your kind words here and in the chat after the race. I did not notice the messages live because I somehow tried to show my setup which caused more problems than I wished but I read everything afterwards :D Congratulations as well for your first podium finish in this season! It is impressive how much you improve while always driving clean on track. Sorry for the overtake in Pouhon. I wanted to make you nervous first, then somehow got next to you and then I could not back off so I went for the overtake ^^

@Flash-224 Also thanks to you for the kind words! And GG for the recovery after the quali ban. You made me a little bit nervous while your first stint :D

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
The timer was started very early this race. When I pressed start shortly after the timer was started, I saw both @Michaelx99 and @Rali 16 being ready. I don’t have evidence of who started it, but I will keep it in mind if it happens next time... Consider this as a warning to both drivers...
I didn't ready up first . I only ready up when i see that the timer started on the top of the screen.

Borderline

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I didn't ready up first . I only ready up when i see that the timer started on the top of the screen.
I don't want to be a bully, but do you have footage? We already discussed that starting the timer is against the rules, so I just want to rule out it was you.

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
I don't want to be a bully, but do you have footage? We already discussed that starting the timer is against the rules, so I just want to rule out it was you.
No, next time i will take a screenshot before i press ready.