PC - Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/01/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/01/2019 08:00PM]

Rali 16

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2018
The timer was started very early this race. When I pressed start shortly after the timer was started, I saw both @Michaelx99 and @Rali 16 being ready. I don’t have evidence of who started it, but I will keep it in mind if it happens next time... Consider this as a warning to both drivers...
i had enough time to change my strat and setup.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
i had enough time to change my strat and setup.
You might, but others might not. The rules still state you are not allowed to start unless the coordinator says you are allowed to. Let this be a warning for now...

Rali 16

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2018
how am i supposed to know when the coordinator says?

SkyKartoffel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2018
@Rali 16 I guess you know this, but just to be sure.
As soon as someone from the whole lobby presses the start button, all the other players have 30 seconds left do adjust their strategy. This may be enough for you, but when you want to change or compare two strategies this can be too little time.
So if you just wait until you see the timer ticking and pressing the start button afterwards, everything is fine.

Desmond0313

F1 Test Driver
Aug 10, 2016
@Rali 16 I guess you know this, but just to be sure.
As soon as someone from the whole lobby presses the start button, all the other players have 30 seconds left do adjust their strategy. This may be enough for you, but when you want to change or compare two strategies this can be too little time.
So if you just wait until you see the timer ticking and pressing the start button afterwards, everything is fine.
Thinking about it a bit, this seems like a really stupid logic from CM by the way. When we ready up in the lobby, the timer doesn't start until a set number of people are ready. Why they couldn't do the same with the race starts is beyond me.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Thinking about it a bit, this seems like a really stupid logic from CM by the way. When we ready up in the lobby, the timer doesn't start until a set number of people are ready. Why they couldn't do the same with the race starts is beyond me.
This is actually a good thing if it were to be implemented.

But as long as it's not there, just don't press start before the coordinator says so.

Rali 16

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2018
its clear to me now. cheers.