Apr 2, 2018
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Ryderpx
- @HulkBobby

Last edited:

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Might not be able to make it, going to a football match that ends 18:30 (cest). And going with public transport, so you never know what happens. But mathematically I should make it. If not this is my reason.

NuunuMarkus

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2018
Ahh yeasss... looking forward to this one! Spa-franchorchamps, just hope there’s gonna be no rain

Ryderpx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2018
I won’t be able to attend because i’m currently on vacation. Have a good one!

Tempyy

Pro Karter
Oct 31, 2018
I Won't make the race because I won't be home in time. Have a great race tho!

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
well... that went well... for about 14 laps. had an 'meh' start, @SnoxE taking my p1 in l2 ( i think) but retaking it after he spun hitting a kerb... then went on to lead the race, practically, until i somehow spun through eau rouge/radillon and performing a quick dissasembly of the front axle of my williams. note to self: dont hit the yellow/red things on the side.

better luck next week!

Last edited:

MajorGroove

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 24, 2018
Well that was weird. Wohoooo my first win!

I got disconnected after qualifying and rejoined quickly but I was unsure whether I could start again. I started from P5 and made a stupid mistake in Lap 3. Broke my front wing and had to pit and change to a 2 stop. From then onwards i tried to catch the 2 Saubers and made up some ground every lap but could only get in range of their time penalties in the last rounds. For some reason after my rejoin my fastet lap was bugged and when i crossed the line p7 (unsure) i suddenly got promoted to P1. So yeah jokes aside congrats to @mtw1man for the win!

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
This was a bad race for me, but I kind of expected it to be.

That said, starting off quali with a crash right away is always a bad feeling, had to wait out pretty much the entire quali. Was able to catch some stuff happening on camera which you can see in the video below. As it turns out, it is also possible to drive "too slow" in a formation lap, today I learned...

The race got off terribly with me getting hooked by @Julio Massa 5522 having to pit right away, basically losing any opportunity to have a decent pit strategy over other people. After that, nothing really eventful happened. As more people crashed out, I eventually was able to get to 10th. MY pace wasn't very good either so I was quite far away from anyone else. ACEREES's AI was actually able to stay in front of me until the end so that probably speaks volumes about my pace... No penalties though! :)

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
This was a bad race for me, but I kind of expected it to be.

That said, starting off quali with a crash right away is always a bad feeling, had to wait out pretty much the entire quali. Was able to catch some stuff happening on camera which you can see in the video below. As it turns out, it is also possible to drive "too slow" in a formation lap, today I learned...

The race got off terribly with me getting hooked by @Julio Massa 5522 having to pit right away, basically losing any opportunity to have a decent pit strategy over other people. After that, nothing really eventful happened. As more people crashed out, I eventually was able to get to 10th. MY pace wasn't very good either so I was quite far away from anyone else. ACEREES's AI was actually able to stay in front of me until the end so that probably speaks volumes about my pace... No penalties though! :)

Well. the race got off to a really weird start. On my screen, I definitely didn't touch you, you were good few meters ahead of me when I tried to fid some space at the inside, but then some desync must have occured. Really sorry for what happened and what it has cost you, but thankfully, you at least finished and got a point

• Informative
Reactions: Kippetje

Tempyy

Pro Karter
Oct 31, 2018
Well tough luck for me again. Made it home in time, then crashed out in Quali on the pit entry. With 2 seconds to go in quali I had a power outage. Whyyyy meeee

frico241

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 8, 2018
Damn I was so close from my first win ! Felt pretty good around the circuit, lost the car a couple of times losing a few seconds but kept it on track. I got a 3sec time penalty after Lap 9 and tried to cool down after that to really push in the last laps but I try to overtake Aceres and didn't make enough of a gap at noname and he hit me unfortunately, my front wing was Yellow on the right side so turning left was a pain in the ass, but made through the end even though I took a 5 second time penalty for apparently cutting the Bus stop and winning 5sec in the process but at the end it is P4, I started P6 so it is still a good race for me !

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Qualified p3 with a 1.43.1, I was happy but knew I could go faster. I went for the SS-M strategy.

The race started of good, only dropped to p4. But then I lost the car at eau rouge/radillon and spun into the wall. Luckily my wheels stayed on and I only lost half of my front wing.
I then pitted on the S tyre and tried to drive as consistent as possible. As my teammate @Jordy van Oosten retired and @acerees unfortunately left the game, I was back in p5 only a couple seconds behind @SnoxE. But my softs couldnt make it to the end so at lap 15 I pitted onto the SS and was the fastest car on track.
The last couple of laps 3 guys infront of me were fighting for p2, that took alot of time and I could catch up very easily. I was very cautious and drove behind them for the last 2 laps.
I finished p4 on track and because of @frico241 time penalty I ended p3 (you might be able to remove that 5 second penalty) which is a good result for me.