PS4 - Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix - Sunday 21st January 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix - Sunday 21st January 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

denzamo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2016
I think that’s what’s he’s getting at, his driving isn’t the best and I’d take losing abit of time instead of being wiped out, being a military man he doesn’t mince his words, I’m sure he doesn’t mean it how it’s portrayed

Dysan314

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 20, 2017
my advice on that would be to slow down over to the right between the two lesmos that way @AOR Davidben can get the apex onto the straight passing back markers will slow you down but theoretically should slow the lapped car down more than the lapping car. but at least it didn't end in race stopping incident
Agreed but I didn't feel that was safe to do so without taking one of us off or both. If I had of let him through on that very short straight he would not have got DRS

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Being honest I can’t see what I have done wrong, I pulled off the race line to let you through on the strate and I also gave you DRS.... if I was in your shoes I’d be more than happy.... a new driver is showing me respect and moving out of my way as quickly as possible
Personally, you would have seen on your mini map that I was fast approaching, you should have moved over to the right at the earliest spot which was as soon as we exited variante together, I was literally right on your gear box and I was closing on 3rd and 2nd place fast, by the time you let me past they were well gone almost through Ascari. I could have got 2nd place had you not impeded my race and the fact you haven't apologised for it is really getting my goat!

When the game shows you the blue flag, or you have been caught up by a car on a lap ahead of you. When being lapped, it is your responsibility to let the leaders through safely at the earliest opportunity, without blocking them.

denzamo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2016
Personally, you would have seen on your mini map that I was fast approaching, you should have moved over to the right at the earliest spot which was as soon as we exited variante together, I was literally right on your gear box and I was closing on 3rd and 2nd place fast, by the time you let me past they were well gone almost through Ascari. I could have got 2nd place had you not impeded my race and the fact you haven't apologised for it is really getting my goat!

When the game shows you the blue flag, or you have been caught up by a car on a lap ahead of you. When being lapped, it is your responsibility to let the leaders through safely at the earliest opportunity, without blocking them.

2nd place? :unsure:

iej76

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Being honest I can’t see what I have done wrong, I pulled off the race line to let you through on the strate and I also gave you DRS.... if I was in your shoes I’d be more than happy.... a new driver is showing me respect and moving out of my way as quickly as possible
You could easily have let him past before lesmo 1 by pulling to the right. Would have lost you a few tenths only and Ben none. Or between lesmo 1 and 2. You mention that will inevitable lose time if you are lapping. That’s the wrong way round mate. Leaders should lose zero time. Us slower guys being lapped should expect to lose time. Remember hearing the old manor
Team saying how they factor in their strategy the tome
They expect to lose on average, each time they are lapped

iej76

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2015
You could easily have let him past before lesmo 1 by pulling to the right. Would have lost you a few tenths only and Ben none. Or between lesmo 1 and 2. You mention that will inevitable lose time if you are lapping. That’s the wrong way round mate. Leaders should lose zero time. Us slower guys being lapped should expect to lose time. Remember hearing the old manor
Team saying how they factor in their strategy the tome
They expect to lose on average, each time they are lapped
Blummin phone. I am not drunk. You get what I mean

washy03

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I think we get the picture and need to drop this now.

I've had chat with @Dysan314 and there was no intention to slow anyone down. He was waiting for the big straight as his car control when wheel to wheel isn't there yet on the pad. In real life you have a certain number of blue flags to let them by. On that basis he waited for the safest place as to avoid contact.

It was his first ever league race and doesn't realise us maniacs expect lapped cars to launch themselves of the track to get out of the way for us. :wacky:

I can relate to your pain @AOR Davidben in this round but I don't want new drivers forced out. That's not what we are about.

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I think we get the picture and need to drop this now.

I've had chat with @Dysan314 and there was no intention to slow anyone down. He was waiting for the big straight as his car control when wheel to wheel isn't there yet on the pad. In real life you have a certain number of blue flags to let them by. On that basis he waited for the safest place as to avoid contact.

It was his first ever league race and doesn't realise us maniacs expect lapped cars to launch themselves of the track to get out of the way for us. :wacky:

I can relate to your pain @AOR Davidben in this round but I don't want new drivers forced out. That's not what we are about.
Totally agree @washy03 I want nothing more than @Dysan314 to improve his game, enjoy his racing and come back race after race, most importantly enjoy AOR for what it is.. we've all been there and that's what I love about our little F8 family, with the exception of @denzamo of course . Looking forward to next week now x

denzamo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2016
my race highlights, first time i done this to so dont be to harsh, constructive criticism welcome

washy03

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016