Jan 13, 2014
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- Big-Kid-Daddy

Last edited:

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
What's the early lap times that people are doing as currently I haven't had chance to touch the game since Sunday

Donks

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2015
How did race go. Busy week and match day tomorrow so will practise tonight if anyone is on about 8-9? What qualy and lap times do we need to target and was it dry lol. Was a wet race last season and crazy

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Best so far 1:20.6 but mainly in low 21's how is other people getting on?

Donks

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Can do 22 and occasional 21 in TT but am over a second slower online

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I found with this track so far today is don't overdo it, slow in on corners to get perfect position on the kerbs and let rip out of them.
Still not sure my online quali pace with max fuel mix but had a good go online practice with heavy fuel.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Currently at hospital after my daughter got took in an ambulance, she is ok but I won't be racing unless it's very speedy non waiting times which is normally never.

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Just a nightmare, qualified 3rd on the inters, track kept getting better and better but after screwing up first efforts couldn't push quite as much as i wanted.

Solid start but all went wrong when i was turned around at turn 1 and find myself p12.

Fight back up to P6 when i lose half my front wing in the main straight opening DRS behind the Ferrari.

I hope this was a bit of lag as your car seemed to lose pace when it should be full power and any lift would be a real shame.

Game over from there, cost too much time to 2 stop so fought my orange wing, not really fighting Donks when he came behind me.

Went for SS, thought P4/5 might yet be on but spun the car after 1st chicane and lost 12s and heavily damaged tyres.

Just decided to then steal fastest lap at the death.

One to forget.

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p-9
R p-6

Qualy was terible as always, did a bankerlap and then it was all or nothing and you guesed it it was nothing.

Race start was also terible, was quicker than the guy in front but the guy behind was even quicker so when i moved over we touched.
Also got pushed wide en damaged my front wing a little in the first lap.
guys in front where quicker so only way i made it to p6 was du to reterments from the others,

on to the next one, and forget this race.

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Q: P7
R: DNF

Qualy was okay for me.
Race was okay till lap 11. I was behind Onerurcum, he was behind Aero Blake. We are at turn 2 (Curva Grande) when Onerurcum hits the grass. He came back on the track and collided against me. Resulting in a Flying Mercedes.
action of the crash:

• What?
Reactions: Wimstradamus

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Q - P1 I usually really dislike the wet but for some reason I really didn't mind it in quali and with the track getting quicker and quicker I believe I was the last car to cross the line before the flag and managed to set a good clean lap to clinch pole (Fastest Lap in video below)

R - P2 (Depending on outcome of the stewards) Started on pole as stated above managed to get a good start and was able to take the inside line through T1 but I broke too early and had to take some of the kerb which allowed haze to go round the outside of T1 to get the inside of T2 in which I had to settle for 2nd. Throughout most of the first stint I was keeping up with haze and Giinis not far behind but I just kept making small mistakes that was losing me time.

Lap 9 I accidently briefly went onto the grass just when I was going to brake which caused my tyres to lock up which then allowed Ginnis to get by and take 2nd.

Lap 14 Ginnis pitted so I knew I had to pit next lap on the entry to the pit lane for some reason I didn't fully brake and managed to speed in the pit lane (54mph DOH!). When I came out of the pits I believe I was approx 4s but I knew I had the pace to catch back up. (5s stop go penalty) for some reason the game takes as a 10s on the penalty at the end.

Lap 24 was behind Giinnis going into T1 and managed to lockup my tyres so I then had to avoid Giinis so I had to go for a divebomb that wasn't intended at all to be a dive bomb. By the look of it Giinis took a normal line going into the corner and there was contact which then Giinis cut the 2nd because of my divebomb and caused him to have a 10s penalty. At then end of S1 the gap was 3s with 3 and a half laps to go. (Incident sent to stewards currently awaiting outcome)

Lap 27 (The final lap) was just too far away to make a move but on the last corner Giinis looked to out brake him self making him meaning that I was able to get a clean exit on to the straight and with the extra speed on the exit managed to beat him on track by 0.001

Congrats to @Haze on the victory great drive and great racing with @Giinis as that is probably one of the best battles I have had this season. See highlights below

Reactions: Giinis and Haze

Giinis

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2017
Q - 4
Had a hard time to get the car to turn in as wanted but managed to do a decent lap but the track was getting so much faster in the end so the guys made my lap look like ****.. :lol:
R - 3 (maybe 2)
Nice start, managed to get a clean one and when @blake300892 spun I got p3 and was right behind @joshualuke1993. Got pass @joshualuke1993 when he did a mistake in sector 3 and had a decent pace in the first stint. Tried to undercut @Haze and won fairly many seconds by pitting 2 laps earlier but didn't have the pace to fight for the win without any incidents. Had to battle @joshualuke1993 in the end of the race. He surprised me in turn one braking late and almost got me but I was forced to cut the corner and got a 10s penalty that stewards are looking at now. At the last lap my tires didn't have the grip and I went just a bit too wide in to Parabolica and @joshualuke1993 overtook me by 0.001s. Nice one @joshualuke1993, was a lot of fun! Congrats to @Haze for driving without any mistakes, well deserved!

Reactions: joshualuke1993