Jan 13, 2018
Round 13 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Cheekymunkey78
- @psico
- @SexySpudflaps

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
- The last league race in Malaysia was most likely done yesterday, are you happy with your result?

- The championship is coming to an end, with only three races to go, where are you aiming to finish?

- Japan has and will be on the calendar for a long time. What are your favourite and least favourite parts of Suzuka?

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
  • The last league race in Malaysia was most likely done yesterday, are you happy with your result?
    • We can always think about how much better we could have done in the race but it doesn't matter if we can't change anything. We just have to accept what happened and move forward. Me personally, I won't deny that I think I did well, but I could have been on the podium if my brakes weren't constantly overheating I think. I locked up a lot.
  • The championship is coming to an end, with only three races to go, where are you aiming to finish?
    • Top three. For someone like me who only recently turned his season around, that's a big ask. But there's a 27 point gap between me and the championship leader, and I'm somewhere in P7-8 at the moment, so if I can keep my strong results up, my hopes will stay high.
  • Japan has and will be on the calendar for a long time. What are your favourite and least favourite parts of Suzuka?
    • My favorite part of the track has to be all of it, and my least favorite is the part where I'm not on it. Despite it not being my strongest track per-say, though it's definitely up there, it's a track that really flows well with me and comes to me naturally. I seem to have memorized it.

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
- The last league race in Malaysia was most likely done yesterday, are you happy with your result?
  • I am happy with this one, had a couple of incidents that set me back further than I would have liked but my pace was actually up with the top 5 so I am happy that I am getting quicker, still on the hunt for a clean, mistake free race.

- The championship is coming to an end, with only three races to go, where are you aiming to finish?
  • anywhere, development season for me, working on overall pace and race craft (long way to go), there are some enjoyable drivers in this league that race hard but fair and I look forward to meeting them again.

- Japan has and will be on the calendar for a long time. What are your favourite and least favourite parts of Suzuka?
  • Hate the turn 11 hairpin - just no grip, apart from that it is such a unique racetrack that has something for everyone, no better feeling than taking the s curves correctly and gaining on the car in front.

Reactions: Hooper

LolFish42

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 23, 2017
*very*
Always sort of liked Malaysia, but also kind of glad it's gone

Not last

All of it;
None of it;

• Scared

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 7th
R- 6th

Not the best qualifying today, probably could have improved by a few tenths. Race start was ok, was up to 6th after a few laps. I was all over the back of @Indigo but, I couldn't get passed, I probably was losing around half a second a lap. On lap 5, @Johan Engberg rejoined dangerously infront of me, causing me to lose my front wing. From that I had to convert to a 2 stop strategy. Due to penalties, I finished 6th but was only 0.006 away from 5th. Really frustrating as I felt that this was one of my strongest tracks and felt that I could have competed for a podium. My POV is below:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Q - P1
Never expected to be this good on this track, but I turned out on pole after pushing very hard in qualifying. I know I could have taken more out of the car with a lot of mistakes through Sector 1-2, overall pretty happy though.

R - P2
Well, can't say I'm happy with that one to be honest, I feel as I deserve a win after Malaysia and here now but nothing you can do when another driver dominates the rest of the split unfortunately. Hoping for a good result in USA to end of this season for me since I will be missing Brazil.

Race Highlights:

Last edited: