PC - Round 13 - Japanese Grand Prix [30/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 13 - Japanese Grand Prix [30/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 13 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 30th July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
don't know if i can make it to japan, maybe i have to work on a town festival that evening
Ok, thanks for letting me know! Have a great time in the festival if you can't make it :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Qualy: P3. (Started P2 due to grid penalties of others) Was 1 second of my TT pace so could have improved but I will take P3 every week haha
Race: P8.

After a couple of weeks without racing finally back for a league race. Break week was very long for me due to missing Monza.

First of all congrats to the podium runners. My mate @Ely' made no mistakes and got a very good win. Had a nice battle in the TT leaderboards with him this week :D (Eventually I won that one in the dry:p). Also congrats on the championsship lead!. @Dazzy Oz with a nice second place and @Julien2395 congrats on your 3rd place!

My first 23 laps were really good. Wasn't a lot of traffic and could comfortably drive in clean air. Had good pace but @Ely' was just too quick. To be expected after a good pole time from him. I was so unfortunate to have the slipstream glitch during the race again just as yesterday in the social so nothing to do about it haha.

As I said I was driving quite good and on the one stop strategy untill I bottled the last corner in lap 23 and accidently went in the pit lane and put on the softs... This put me just behind Dazzy Oz and @fraguitar89 who were on harder conpounts. I was quickly behind them, but due to the slip stream glitch I couldn't really get past and was immediately to impatient and lost the back end again in lap 25 at the last corner losing my front wing. Things went from bad to worse eventually giving me P8. Well at least some points right :p

Summary is I just threw away a comfortable second place. Better luck next time. Looking back on the season already I didn't expected to be competitive for podium positions considering it being my first league experience. So after all happy with the consistent good first 23 laps and decent qualy. Looking forward to a nice race with you guys next week in the USA.

No POV's from me for this one and the last two races as I'm very busy with university and rather spend the limited free time practising for the last two races ;).

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 2nd
R- 5th

Shame about getting a grid penalty, felt I could have got a podium. Was a near perfect lap in qualifying today so i'm happy about that. Race could have gone better, could have finished better had I not damaged my front wing and forcing me to make my final pitstop early. Overall a average race. My POV is below:

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Perfect race for me. Managed to get pole for the first time since Silverstone so was very happy about it! (y) Got a good start off the grid and kept 1st place at turn 1. Instantly decided to try to create a gap between me and @Metten in order to stay away from DRS range at the beginning of lap 3. Pitted on lap 7 for hards and rejoined the track in 4th behind @H_pro1 who had not pitted at this point. On lap 10, @H_pro1 did a mistake at the exit of Degner 2 which allowed me to get close to him and overtake him before the hairpin.

Led the race until lap 20 when I pitted for softs and rejoined in 2nd behind @Metten. Got the lead of the race back two laps later when he went into the pits. Just had to look after the tyres and to bring the car home. Also did the fastest lap which was quite cool as well ;)

Very important win for me around one my absolute fav tracks on the calendar, taking the lead of the championship ahead of @Meireloso with two rounds to go! Congrats to @Dazzy Oz and @Julien2395 for their first podiums of the season :)

Cya guys next week at COTA! :)

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Well that was an interesting race!

Unfortunately Kurvz and myself had a small 50/50 bump in turn one and the amazing physics of F1 2016 sent me flying! woop.

played catch up but was a fun race non the less, i played a dicey game on stint 2 aswell and had 90% wear! that was scary! hah.

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Hey there.. awful evening for me.. I could not do the qualy due to connection issues.. started last with no possibility to change the default setup and furthermore the game assigned me soft tyres instead of medium that I had selected ( I honestly thought about quitting the race during the formation lap, I was totally disappointed).. then I did what I could with soft tyres overcoming some people, mounted hard and kept on going fast.. I closed the gap to @Julien2395 who was 3rd or 4th I guess, tried to overcome him at turn 1 but we touched and I spun out.. lost 3 positions and many seconds.. I came back on track trying to go straight to the end without pitting again, so 1 pit strategy soft-hard.. u can call me crazy but that was the only way to get to podium (and actually it worked.. almost) obviously last few laps were not easy with no setup and very worn tyres.. I made a mistake losing 2nd position and then in the final lap I got a puncture while defending the 3rd position from @Julien2395 who strongly hit me while overtaking causing fatal damage.. and that was end of this tough evening.

That said, I won't be present for the last 2 races since I'm going on vacation.. really sorry to end my season with this bad race but I have to say this was a good championship, with some enjoyable races, especially thanks to very fast drivers like @JurYEdits , @Ely', @Metten.. with those guys I had the possibility to chat sometimes and become good virtual friends :) I hope to find again most of you next season!! (Hoping for a F1 2017 with less issues..)

Anyway thanks to you all (I mention the good @H_pro1 in representation of everybody, who was really patience in managing and coordinating us all) and have fun in last races!!

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Hey there.. awful evening for me.. I could not do the qualy due to connection issues.. started last with no possibility to change the default setup and furthermore the game assigned me soft tyres instead of medium that I had selected ( I honestly thought about quitting the race during the formation lap, I was totally disappointed).. then I did what I could with soft tyres overcoming some people, mounted hard and kept on going fast.. I closed the gap to @Julien2395 who was 3rd or 4th I guess, tried to overcome him at turn 1 but we touched and I spun out.. lost 3 positions and many seconds.. I came back on track trying to go straight to the end without pitting again, so 1 pit strategy soft-hard.. u can call me crazy but that was the only way to get to podium (and actually it worked.. almost) obviously last few laps were not easy with no setup and very worn tyres.. I made a mistake losing 2nd position and then in the final lap I got a puncture while defending the 3rd position from @Julien2395 who strongly hit me while overtaking causing fatal damage.. and that was end of this tough evening.

That said, I won't be present for the last 2 races since I'm going on vacation.. really sorry to end my season with this bad race but I have to say this was a good championship, with some enjoyable races, especially thanks to very fast drivers like @JurYEdits , @Ely', @Metten.. with those guys I had the possibility to chat sometimes and become good virtual friends :) I hope to find again most of you next season!! (Hoping for a F1 2017 with less issues..)

Anyway thanks to you all (I mention the good @H_pro1 in representation of everybody, who was really patience in managing and coordinating us all) and have fun in last races!!
Ah man sad to hear you are not there for the last 2 races. Enjoyed racing with you and I must say incredible of you being so fast without any setup in Japan! Hopefully untill next season. I won't be there for the start of F1 2017 probably as I'm going to make a big trip of 3 months towards the eastern of the world after finishing university, but we will definitely keep in touch/do some racing in the future ;)

Enjoy your holiday!!

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Was nice to have you on the grid! (y) Enjoy your holidays man :)