PC - Round 14 - Belgian Grand Prix [11/24/2019 - 8:00 PM ET] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - Belgian Grand Prix [11/24/2019 - 8:00 PM ET]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Bobino12

Formula Karter
Aug 5, 2016
I enjoy racing in wet conditions even if I don't have the regularity that I can show on dry track. The Eau Rouge curve was pretty scary in the first laps until I got confidence and began to have more consistent laps. I choose the Hard tyres on lap 7th and I think it was the right choice, at least for me. I was not sure the Mediums would last until the end. How was your tyre wear guys at the end ?

Reactions: Fizzymon

Bobino12

Formula Karter
Aug 5, 2016
Some drivers didn't show up for the second qualifying session. I think these drivers were not on Discord so they couldn't know what was happening and what the Host decided. It reminds me what I already said on that forum that everybody in the lobby for a race should be on Discord. That should be mandatory as it is in other leagues.

Steam didn't crash at home for me by the way.

• Agree

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
I enjoy racing in wet conditions even if I don't have the regularity that I can show on dry track. The Eau Rouge curve was pretty scary in the first laps until I got confidence and began to have more consistent laps. I choose the Hard tyres on lap 7th and I think it was the right choice, at least for me. I was not sure the Mediums would last until the end. How was your tyre wear guys at the end ?
From what I saw, the mediums didn't fall off, even for guys like guys Shentar and Dragonbone who pitted earlier. At Belgium (and Monza), tyre wear is really low so sadly you picked the wrong tyre. Now if it dried up on lap 4 or 5, then it may of been a different story, but note if the same thing happens at Monza, go onto mediums.

Reactions: Bobino12

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
My pace was just kind of in no mans land during the whole race... Not abysmally slow but... Nowhere near fast enough... Just hope Italy's better for me.

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Wet racing is fun indeed. I was having a blast chasing down Illicit for the first 8 laps or so.

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
My pace was just kind of in no mans land during the whole race... Not abysmally slow but... Nowhere near fast enough... Just hope Italy's better for me.
On the bright side, you had Gudby keeping you company. Unlike Shentar who was truly alone.

By the way, @Fizzymon are you going to do the trivia facts you do after each race?
Yes, gotta make them first.

Bobino12

Formula Karter
Aug 5, 2016
Wet racing is fun indeed. I was having a blast chasing down Illicit for the first 8 laps or so.
Racing on wet track with a good setup is a lot of fun but if the setup is wrong then it's a nightmare. My worst was in France where my car was all over the place except the track.

Reactions: Sabba7h

Zephyr

Formula Karter
May 11, 2017
Racing on wet track with a good setup is a lot of fun but if the setup is wrong then it's a nightmare. My worst was in France where my car was all over the place except the track.
Maybe if I could make a good wet setup it would be better. I just do terrible in the medium speed corners in the wet. Im fine in the high speed corners and the traction/braking in low speed but I can never keep the car in line during medium speed corners

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
@Sabba7h Here ya go

Coming right at y'all is this week's fast facts of the week!
  • The Belgium Grand Prix brought us our smallest starting grid of the season (due to two people leaving when the lobby was reset)
  • 2 of @Illicit's last 3 wins have been won due to penalties for the driver crossing the line first.
  • 5 of the last 6 fastest laps in a race have been set by a Ferrari powered car.
  • 5 of the last 8 Grand Prix's have had a wet session (ew)
  • @Steph Farelle has raced almost a full calendar year's worth of races without DNFing!
  • @Sabba7h has cooties.
  • @Shentar tied up his rivalry with @Steph Farelle in qualifying and the race, putting them at 6-6.
  • That being said, in races they have both started, @Steph Farelle has 117 points to @Shentar's 114.
  • Only 14 seconds of penalties were given this race, the second lowest of the season!
  • @Sabba7h has qualified P2 three times this season while being under 0.1 seconds away from pole.
  • Part of what makes @Illicit so good is he only has picked up 12 seconds of penalties all season.
  • Only 4 drivers have won races in America F2 all season, can Monza make it 5, or will one of the usual drivers win????
Stay tuned for next week's fast facts!

• Funny
Reactions: Sabba7h

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Maybe if I could make a good wet setup it would be better. I just do terrible in the medium speed corners in the wet. Im fine in the high speed corners and the traction/braking in low speed but I can never keep the car in line during medium speed corners
For a wet setup, start by raising your rear wing. It's what @Shentar taught me. Granted, it would of come to hurt you when the track dried, but if you are like me and hate the wet, then this is a good start.

Zephyr

Formula Karter
May 11, 2017
For a wet setup, start by raising your rear wing. It's what @Shentar taught me. Granted, it would of come to hurt you when the track dried, but if you are like me and hate the wet, then this is a good start.
Im curious what wing angles every else was using. I had 2-6 for dry qualifying then brought it to 4-6 for the race

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Im curious what wing angles every else was using. I had 2-6 for dry qualifying then brought it to 4-6 for the race
Can't say what everyone else was doing since I couldn't see, but I did 2-6 when I was practicing Spa with people. Knowing there was rain, I would of either kept it as that for the race since it would keep my rear more stable or I would of done 2-7 or 3-7 with the idea of keeping the rear more stable in the wet. I know after the race @Illicit mentioned he ran a wet setup while everyone else who I talked to used a dry one. Possibly running 4-6 might of not given you enough rear stability?

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
You're damn right I do

Generally when it's wet out you increase rear wing and ride height, some other things can change depending on the track. For Spa there was more than that I changed, but I only would have used it if it was going to be wet all race.

In the wet I ran my dry setup, 2-5 wing.

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Raising your ride height also helps big time in my experience. Checkout the setups on realsport101.com. I start with theirs for a base and then fine-tune to my personal preference. They have great setups for the wet and dry. I believe I ran the same wings as you. Typically I run 2-4 at Spa in dry conditions.

Great race facts once again @Fizzymon . Winning due to penalties isn't ideal, but a W is W and I'll take it. Been really focused on being clean and consistent all season and it's nice to see it pay off. Also, really nice job commentating on the race. It's a shame the middle part was cut out.

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Raising your ride height also helps big time in my experience. Checkout the setups on realsport101.com. I start with theirs for a base and then fine-tune to my personal preference. They have great setups for the wet and dry. I believe I ran the same wings as you. Typically I run 2-4 at Spa in dry conditions.

Great race facts once again @Fizzymon . Winning due to penalties isn't ideal, but a W is W and I'll take it. Been really focused on being clean and consistent all season and it's nice to see it pay off. Also, really nice job commentating on the race. It's a shame the middle part was cut out.
As I told people already, I personally think the middle was the best because I know I had some funny remarks. O well, maybe down the road I’ll try to commentate more AOR races officially. Also, expect me to do the same for the Japanese GP since I will be in the same situation as yesterday! Hopefully that one is just as thrilling.

Reactions: CarlosAbraaoXD

CarlosAbraaoXD

Pro Karter
Nov 4, 2019
Very good battles in the race with @Illicit and @Sabba7h . I'm a little frustrated about what happened in the qualifying session(specially at the first one :/ ), but let's keep going ahead and do the maximum of myself. I was struggling in the wet but I recovered my pace in the dry track but unfortunately I received a penalty with my mistakes and finish in a solid P3. Good work for everyone!

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Very good battles in the race with @Illicit and @Sabba7h . I'm a little frustrated about what happened in the qualifying session(specially at the first one :/ ), but let's keep going ahead and do the maximum of myself. I was struggling in the wet but I recovered my pace in the dry track but unfortunately I received a penalty with my mistakes and finish in a solid P3. Good work for everyone!
I was very impressed with your ERS management, good job there.

Reactions: CarlosAbraaoXD

CarlosAbraaoXD

Pro Karter
Nov 4, 2019
Yeah I was doing a really good job with ERS. At the sector two, the ERS was at 0 in almost the sector and in the heavy brake zones too